The Veep Debate - Walz v. Vance, 9pm EST Tuesday, Oct 1st

Bullneck

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, but you can't let that slip

I agree and this debate is driving me nuts. But I’m a litigator and my absolute favorite part of the job is cross examining smug fucks who think they’re the smartest guy in the room, and exposing their bullshit for what it is. Vance has lobbed up literally dozens of softballs that I would have pounced on. 

Walz is not that guy, and I think that’s a good thing on balance. His value add is authenticity. And I’m betting that’s more palatable to the American public than a smug lawyer who verbally abuses another smug lawyer.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, HOOKEM4 said:

Dammit Walz. I could have wiped couch fucker on this. He dropped the ball. Quit being nice dude.

He can’t.

Alas….

It’s just the way he’s wired.

Shucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Vance clearly has a high IQ, he’s Pete Buttigieg with a beard (pun intended).  It’s really too bad he’s a piece of shit with zero integrity.  

The net of this debate so far is bad for Harris but so far not bad enough to make a meaningful difference.  Of the trio of bad shit for Harris today, this debate is way down the list from Iran attacking Israel and port workers striking.

Eh, in a normal world Vance's ceiling would be selling timeshares in Florida.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Wait, what housing is being given to illegal aliens?

I think legal refugees get vouchers to rent temporary housing while they get their shit together. That gets interpreted as illegal aliens get free housing somehow.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I tire of the idea that the winner of a debate is the one who comes across the most polished.  How about we define the winner as the one who is most correct?

And do so in writing. Debates are a test of preparation, practice, and being quick on your feet. You’re time limited and on a public stage. You don’t have time to think deeply, and the best debaters are those who can recite rehearsed talking points smoothly. 

Literally none of those skills are valuable in real leadership, except on the circular basis that we keep expecting leaders to deliver precanned answers smoothly, despite the otherwise irrelevance of that skill to leadership. 

I’d rather the candidates be asked about policies in written questions, which they can then address in writing and, if desired, by delivering a speech addressing the points raised in the question.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Are these two doofuses done yet?

No but Reddit NSFW is always available.

Debate and ‘bate is always an option.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

They need to make this a meme, people claiming ordinary things were always available before Trump and giving his "leadership" credit for it. 

"I ordered a 7 layer beef burrito under Donald Trump's leadership!"

"I saved 15% on my car insurance under Donald Trump's leadership!"

"I had sexual relations with my LayZBoy under Donald Trump's leadership!"

• Haha 6

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

just turned it on, JD Vance is completely full of shit. He's just doing the charlie kirk, stephen crowder flood the zone with words and sounding like he's thought about it a lot. Too bad everything he says is complete horseshit.

He sounds like someone with good interview skills but is clearly unqualified for the job five minutes into the interview.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

GIF by Matthew Henry

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

I agree and this debate is driving me nuts. But I’m a litigator and my absolute favorite part of the job is cross examining smug fucks who think they’re the smartest guy in the room, and exposing their bullshit for what it is. Vance has lobbed up literally dozens of softballs that I would have pounced on. 

Walz is not that guy, and I think that’s a good thing on balance. His value add is authenticity. And I’m betting that’s more palatable to the American public than a smug lawyer who verbally abuses another smug lawyer.

It's a reversion to the old norms of this stuff. Trump is a shocking trainwreck must watch TV. 

This shit is boring. Coach Sarge is off the cuff and straight talking. Says normal, get shit done words. Means what he says. Genuine.

JD is an eminently punchable smug asshole. He has not improved his likeability. He's a polished liar getting fact checked. Walz isn't built to shut his ass down in a debate setting. 

Just keep being you Coach. JD can't help himself. He's gonna be weird. You go do the best you can. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

does Vance even know what the Vice President does?

Well, I’ve listened to him tonight and I now understand that the VP is Supreme Leader of the US.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

A good deal of the American public will never see this debate except for a few cut up clips from whatever news source they frequent (if any).

Instead they'll get it reinterpreted.  Eventually Trump will talk about how he destroyed Walz on stage for his third debate, something no other president has done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dnaguy said:

Ok that’s it.

He keeps saying his family is beautiful.

Im calling it.

He wife and kids are trolls.

I'm not watching but I assume his repeated references to his beautiful family are because he's hoping Walz calls him racist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1