The Veep Debate - Walz v. Vance, 9pm EST Tuesday, Oct 1st

Bullneck

3 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Hey Tim, I wouldn’t advertise that dick fucking cheney is on your team

It was good. It's like Boss Hogg teaming up with the Dukes because the current episode's villian is so evil.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Who won?

Both parties will say their side won. “Undecided” panel scores will probably be nearly even, maybe a slight edge to Vance. No overwhelming winner like the 2 presidential debates.

Will not matter. Neither candidate fucked up and it was boring as fuck 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Messenger_creation_1472703076767867.jpeg.9fb57b6ddcf5e2cfae5db445dcdda7b2.jpeg

I just made the same point to a friend who was worried that Vance won.

"None of the undecideds were watching.  It they cared enough to do any research, they wouldn't still be undecided, in this of all elections."

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Also the agreement not to fact check clearly favors Vance. 

Yeah, and he got pissed off when his stream of lies was interfered with.  The audacity of them to lie about promising him that they would let him lie!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TexArcher said:

I just made the same point to a friend who was worried that Vance won.

"None of the undecideds were watching.  It they cared enough to do any research, they wouldn't still be undecided, in this of all elections."

Can’t wait for CNNs undecided panel of decideds 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Can’t wait for CNNs undecided panel of decideds 

Welcome back, now let's ask this undecided voter wearing a cross and an NRA pin who he thought won...

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I love Walz, he's a good dude, and I'm happy to have him as Veep, but his inability to lob mortars back at JD tonight makes me appreciate Kamala's performance in the last debate so much more.  She was a fucking sniper shooting holes in Trump's bullshit all night and destroyed him at every turn.  I think Walz was mostly trying to follow a script rather than pivot on bullshit that JD spewed and call him out on his lies. He got him on a few things like the 2020 election, but there were a lot of shots fired by JD that went unanswered. Oh well, it's just a meaningless VP debate. 

Well that is also not the style of Walz. He’s Minnesota nice. He wasn’t going to be an attack dog here.

*didn’t watch, as the AD I’m at a fucking college soccer game (we’re winning though!)

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Anyone tuning in expecting Walz to debate like a prosecutor was setting themselves up for failure. That’s not who he is. 

Not a prosecutor, and informed politician, which is what he's supposed to be. At times he looked a bit baffled or lost his place in his answer, which isn't a great look for someone who has been prepping for this for over a week. JD blamed numerous things on "Kamala's Policies" without pushback, not even a question of "which policies exactly, please explain so we can actually debate?" His job is to call that stuff out as well as explain how their policies will make things better. He he did the latter numerous times, and was good at bringing things about how to focus on the future and make things better.  

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Not a prosecutor, and informed politician, which is what he's supposed to be. At times he looked a bit baffled or lost his place in his answer, which isn't a great look for someone who has been prepping for this for over a week. JD blamed numerous things on "Kamala's Policies" without pushback, not even a question of "which policies exactly, please explain so we can actually debate?" His job is to call that stuff out as well as explain how their policies will make things better. He he did the latter numerous times, and was good at bringing things about how to focus on the future and make things better.  

He’s doing the Trump strategy of lie lie lie lie. Walz can’t fall in the trap of doing nothing but calling out the lies and not having time to answer himself.

Hes not a strong debater. He admitted this and the campaign knew because it was in his VP interview. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

the way he baited Vance into refusing to admit Trump lost the election then turned and explained why Mike Pence wasn't on stage. 

“Vance is the only Vice Presidential candidate in US history who doesn’t know who won the last election.”

-Lawrence O’Donnell

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So.... I did not watch (because I am a working poor mode manager) My wife had it on TV, so I could kinda hear it...

JD Vance sounded intelligent. I didn't hear whether or not he actually was, but he sounded so much more like someone who should be up there (compared to trunk and compared to Vance in the wild.)

He clearly prepped. 

No mind we're changed, is my guess.

14 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

How was JD likable?

He was slick and polished.

Likable. Hardly.

He dialed his eyeliner game back, at least when he was looking straight on at the camera, but you could still tell it was there when he was doing sideye.

EYELINER.thumb.jpg.5cda7097ea09ba79bcb331ba94981c8a.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

He dialed his eyeliner game back, at least when he was looking straight on at the camera, but you could still tell it was there when he was doing sideye.

Trans Day Of Visibility Pride GIF by Identity

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

lol-i-seent-it.gif

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

image.gif.4b3135bb40a2c312321e065462382cd0.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 4

11 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Trans Day Of Visibility Pride GIF by Identity

I'm not saying Vance was ready to attend a Cure concert afterwards, but after all of the ridicule hurled his way for wearing eyeliner given what he thinks of the LBGTQ community, you would have thought he would have skipped it just this one night.

EYELINER2.thumb.jpg.43de179d10ee9e3a2a118fb503d2ec46.jpg

• Haha 1

Walz is a classic midwestern dude.  He can't be anything but himself.  I suffer from the same condition.  To assume the difference in debate performance between Vance and Walz was about "preparation" is wrong.  It was about their personalities.  You could train Tim Walz every day for a month and he'd still be that earnest midwestern guy.  Vance is going to be the shifty political animal, a chameleon.  It's how they're wired.

Take it or leave it, you saw both for what they are -- one guy was the same, one shape-shifted in a calculated manner and largely got away with it.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 6

Conservatives saying he did a good job just proves they have zero principals on policy. He was wishy washy on abortion after they’ve told us for 40 fucking years that it should be abolished. Wish washy on gun violence when they’ve said any restriction is illegal. Said Dotard saves the ACA when they tried multiple times to abolish it. Just pure fucking nonsense. It’s truly said that going 90 minutes without a toddler style insult qualifies as good. I’m just glad that vp debate means nothing. Donald will keep being a piece of shit, let’s just get through October and we can finally throw him in the trash bin of history.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Both parties will say their side won. “Undecided” panel scores will probably be nearly even, maybe a slight edge to Vance. No overwhelming winner like the 2 presidential debates.

Will not matter. Neither candidate fucked up and it was boring as fuck 

That's how I saw it, too. 116-112 in either direction, and that's with Walz landing a knockdown in the 11th . 

Vance really didn't want to talk about Jan 6. That was the only time of the night where he was completely on his heels and couldn't weasel his way out of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not saying Vance was ready to attend a Cure concert afterwards, but after all of the ridicule hurled his way for wearing eyeliner given what he thinks of the LBGTQ community, you would have thought he would have skipped it just this one night.

EYELINER2.thumb.jpg.43de179d10ee9e3a2a118fb503d2ec46.jpg

I'm more surprised the rally didn't record sonic boom levels of decibel readings when Sen. Cruz asked how many men had slept with his ugly wife.

3 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I'm more surprised the rally didn't record sonic boom levels of decibel readings when Sen. Cruz asked how many men had slept with his ugly wife.

Full Moon Zoo GIF by Xbox

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I really hope that isn’t a real tweet. That’s fucking too pitiful to be from someone that will likely be the president of the country. 

You're correct that it's not a tweet. It is a "truth" tho