NBA 2024-25 Season Thread

Fastbreak

27 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The ending of that Boston opener was unintentionally hilarious. Despite the large margin, watching the Celts brick trey after trey had me rolling. Kinda wanted to see them make history but not enough to care or do anything but laugh.

And Dalton Knecht is going to make my Spurs wish they'd used their second pick on him. Said it before the draft and will continue to say it--he'll be a contributor in the league. Probably not a star, but a solid third option for several seasons.

I liked Knecht, too. Older players generally get a bad rap, but I thought his situation was unique in that he hit a late growth spurt that fueled his development, rather than it just being about the age differential between him and the competition. He's in a perfect spot with the Lakers, too. Their timeline isn't really one of  'let's draft a teenager and let him develop.' 

• Like 2

One of knecht or reaves on the court at all times will pester teams with the always hustling whitey douche approach. Brow was playing the best I’ve seen him play in awhile. Couldn’t miss in the fourth. Guess they’ll go as far as he takes them. Their guards aren’t anything special which could be their downfall.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Weird stat of the day: in 24 minutes for the Warriors, Podz went 0-5, scored zero points, 7 reb, 4 ast, 3 to.... and was +34.

The Warriors aren't going to be "good"--a good Warriors team with Steph Curry on it should be competing for titles, which they obviously won't be--but I think they're going to be pretty fun.

They seem to enjoy collecting all of the league's combo guards and undersized wings.

Edited by aggie08

15 hours ago, Derka said:

I love KD. Not sure any one-and-done has represented his college better than he, and he is arguably the most skilled offensive player ever BUT ... 

... among his biggest weaknesses** is load management. To wit, I submit an excerpt from last night's box:

image.png.fed86ffe15c6f0466dad51a1efd3738a.png

He does this every year. It inevitably takes its toll come playoffs. I wish he would force himself to cut back but he won't. I don't think coaches or GMs can, either. He just refuses to leave the court, he loves the game and competition that much.

In other words, he's the anti-Kawhi/Embiid.

** His other weaknesses would be 1) player GM (LeBron is infinitely better here) and 2) social media.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Dude lives to hoop. I’m trying to enjoy it while I can, knowing that his time as a professional basketball player is reaching its end. Or maybe not. These fuckers play forever these days.

Great way to put it! KD is indeed the gift that keeps on giving.

Wish he'd found his way to SA. Imagine him playing "off guard" to Wemby!

36 minutes ago, Blotto said:

yeah, I think everyone knew this was coming, but it looks like the time is here. They were fun as fuck to watch last year, and that  hasnt  changed. 

Denvers bench albeit its  the first game and gotta give em time to prove themselves is absolute shit tonight. the +/-s between westbrook, strawther and Watson vs Caruso and Wallace is crazy 

Westbrook has been ass for years now, its his 6th team in 5 years. dunno if thats a tell or not 

Jokic toasting Chet at the elbow and getting fouled from behind as he goes up, then OKC winning the challenge sure was fun when the game was still competitive. Joel Embiid gets that 100 percent of the time and media heads would’ve called for Chet’s five game suspension. 

Hey the Nuggets shot the right amount of threes tonight so that’s great. Too bad they shot like 15 percent. 

SGA is really, really good.  Russ is about what I expected. My Peyton Watson stock looks as ragged as Kirby Smart’s vagina.