San Antonio Spurs 2024-25 - Alien: Resurrection

Mitch Cumsteen

What's the addage Sark used for building a program?

First you lose big, then you lose small. 

Then you start to win small, then win big. 

This young team is right now hoping to take the next step to lose small. Still a ways to go to get to winning small. 

I'm watching Atlanta because 1) I'm a sicko and 2) I'm interested in where that pick is going to convey... and if game 1 is any indication, they are going to have a tough time staying out of the lottery. They play terrible defense. Brooklyn is the biggest tanker in the league with few playmakers, and they are getting one wide open three after another. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Wemby and threes, a match made in hell.

My biggest criticism would be this--he settles for 3s much too often.

I get it. They are easy. No need to bang inside, and nobody is going to block that shot, either.

Even Giannis is excessively and extensively guilty of this. It's a win for the other team whenever Giannis or Wemby jack up a 3, even if they make it ... cuz making it means they'll just chuck up three or four more and likely brick those and not be in a position to rebound or defend the ensuing break.

Vic had a bad night. He looked very out of sorts. They aren’t winning many games when he plays like that.

Castle needs starters minutes now.  He’s so impactful on defense and he can get to rim and the line. 

i thought Dallas was really physical. They pushed the spurs around. And they got way too many open looks. They have really put a nice roster around Doncic after fucking around for the first few years of his career. But I can’t stand how the style of play has evolved league wide into teams playing 5 out and jacking 40 threes a game. It’s just not fun to watch. 

19 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Vic had a bad night. He looked very out of sorts. They aren’t winning many games when he plays like that.

Castle needs starters minutes now.  He’s so impactful on defense and he can get to rim and the line. 

i thought Dallas was really physical. They pushed the spurs around. And they got way too many open looks. They have really put a nice roster around Doncic after fucking around for the first few years of his career. But I can’t stand how the style of play has evolved league wide into teams playing 5 out and jacking 40 threes a game. It’s just not fun to watch. 

I hate watching it too. Just too many 3s. Somewhere around 30-35 is probably good. More than that just sucks to watch as a product. Boston shot 60 in their first game. 60 fucking 3 pointers. That's not what basketball was meant to be. 

Edited by Pam Cummings