DAMN DAMN DAMN

BigDHornfan

I was a little kid when I saw that heart attack episode on Good Times.

it felt like he had actually died. It was pretty impactful.

when i was in my 20s and saw Coming to America, i was like : What? He is alive?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I remember watching the car accident episode (on re-runs) when I was a kid and it freaked me out. What I didn't know was that a few years later in '88 we would receive the same exact news about my own Dad.

I managed to catch the episode a few months ago on a Good Times marathon and it brought back some heavy shit. Good Times was a great, great show.

RIP.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

My favorite Amos movie...

john_amos.jpg

I must have seen Beast Master 1000 times. It was in heavy, heavy cable rotation in the mid 1980s. It had a little bit of everything -- weird cult pagan shit, excessive violence, the whole mind meld with the animal bit, gratuitous nudity, etc. They don't make 'em like that any more.

RIP John Amos... from Kunta Kinte to James Evans Sr. to Cleo McDowell to whoever the fuck he was in Beastmaster. This week has been the absolute pits of the world for celebrity deaths.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Per John's son, the Emmy-nominated actor died of natural causes in Los Angeles back on Aug. 21.

This is incorrect. He died because he was the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

22 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Sounds like John Amos died 45 days ago but we just found out now because Amos may have been the victim of elder abuse.

The other kid and publicist - well, allow me to retort.

“John Amos' Final Wish Was a Delay in Death Announcement to Avoid Daughter Turning It 'into a Circus,' Says Rep (Exclusive)”

https://people.com/john-amos-final-wish-delay-death-announcement-avoid-daughter-circus-rep-exclusive-8722394