Game Watching in Italy

I'll be in Italy the weekend of the Georgia game. I wish we'd be in a big city as the odds of finding a game watching bar would be better, but we'll be in Positano that weekend. Any chance I could find somewhere to watch the game there? Kickoff still TBD, but if it's a 2:30 game that will be 9:30 at night there and doable. But if its a night kick, options will be severly limited I'm guessing.

If I'm resorting to streaming from my phone, should I be able to stream the game fine over there? I might have to record it at home and watch it from my Xfinity stream app the next day. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Did this last weekend in Canada.

Buy NordVPN and install on your laptop. Log into VPN and then go to YouTubetv.com. If it detects VPN, keep trying different locations until it works.

You can't do VPN + YouTube TV on iOS as YouTube TV requires you to turn on location services. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

I'll be in Italy the weekend of the Georgia game. I wish we'd be in a big city as the odds of finding a game watching bar would be better, but we'll be in Positano that weekend. Any chance I could find somewhere to watch the game there? Kickoff still TBD, but if it's a 2:30 game that will be 9:30 at night there and doable. But if its a night kick, options will be severly limited I'm guessing.

If I'm resorting to streaming from my phone, should I be able to stream the game fine over there? I might have to record it at home and watch it from my Xfinity stream app the next day. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bar Paradise in positano claims to show NFL games.   It's down at the main area by the water.    Give it a try.

We watched the michigan game in rome and was fun to get some american vibes, sat next to a group of younger ohio state guys who were enjoying the michigan game with us greatly lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Did this last weekend in Canada.

Buy NordVPN and install on your laptop. Log into VPN and then go to YouTubetv.com. If it detects VPN, keep trying different locations until it works.

You can't do VPN + YouTube TV on iOS as YouTube TV requires you to turn on location services. 

Yeah I feel like YouTube TV sometimes makes it more challenging... trying to remember if I had an easier time using apps (like the ESPN app) or something similar.  If you use Nord (my choice), here are the NA server locations below.  I will connect to Italy to watch Italian TV and soccer games sometimes.

image.thumb.png.e17dbdae1ad0fa174123fc9bf91e3c88.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

For unlegal streams use sportsurge.net on a browser with adblocking. Its a bitch on mobile. 

You could also search for game directly on youtube and recently thats been reliable. 

Next to zero chance of finding a bar broadcasting US sports in a provincial place like that, particularly for college sports (NFL is easier bet), and not if itll be an evening game.

My son watches US sporting events overseas.  Laptop, VPN (showing US location), logs on to our Spectrum account, and that generally works.  He uses other streaming services as well, I'm just not sure which ones.  And if you go to a bar that will let you hook up your laptop to one of their TVs via an HDMI cable, more the better.

Watched Bama beat Aggy by like 50 from somewhere in China about 10 years ago. Had my wife set up her IPad on a TV tray in front of the TV at home. Then I just FaceTimed with her. She moved the IPad until the TV screen filled my IPad screen and then she went shopping. Worked surprisingly well. No VPN needed. Just a good wifi signal in a hotel. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, squib said:

Watched Bama beat Aggy by like 50 from somewhere in China about 10 years ago. Had my wife set up her IPad on a TV tray in front of the TV at home. Then I just FaceTimed with her. She moved the IPad until the TV screen filled my IPad screen and then she went shopping. Worked surprisingly well. No VPN needed. Just a good wifi signal in a hotel. 

Yep, did that with the Bama game in Austin a couple of years ago.  We were in Glasgow, Pescado Rojo messaged me that I was missing a good one.  He put his phone camera where it could capture his TV, and I watched the last 20 mins or so through my phone on hotel wifi.  Did the same for an Astros playoff game we were watching in a bar when the boy was in Germany.  Propped up a phone to capture the bar tv, he watched the phone feed on his laptop - resolution was plenty good.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Downloaded Nord VPN and I'll set an alarm for 330am in Italy to wake up and watch on my phone. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Better double check your time. Kickoff is 6:30pm CDT Saturday, which should be 1:30am Sunday morning Italian time.

And FWIW, I have an Amazon Firestick with NordVPN & YouTubeTV that worked perfectly for last week’s OU shellacking.