Wyoming forfeits Volleyball matchup with San Jose State

Iceman

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You just said glad she is in Texas which tells me that you think she doesn't have to deal with it. If she indeed does play top level club "all over the country" then you wouldn't say that. Sounds like someone is lying or at the very least doesn't understand that high school ball is irrelevant. To recruiters what you do in club is what matters. You know, against all those trans kids from those blue states that you are worried about.

You work hard for your humblebrags, don’t you?  We play all over the country. In lax, we play Palm Springs, Vail, Denver and Annapolis every year. In hoops we’ve played in tournaments in Austin, Houston, all over south Dallas, OKC, C Springs, Cincy, and Vegas. In 7on7 (son), we don’t travel. Teams from all over the South come to us, and even Hawaii. Tournaments in Dallas, Austin and College Station. We won every tournament including state champ. I know a lot more about club ball in any sport than you. 

Edit: baseball - play in ‘World Series’ every year in Florida that we win. I breed excellence. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

You work hard for your humblebrags, don’t you?  We play all over the country. In lax, we play Palm Springs, Vail, Denver and Annapolis every year. In hoops we’ve played in tournaments in Austin, Houston, all over south Dallas, OKC, C Springs, Cincy, and Vegas. In 7on7 (son), we don’t travel. Teams from all over the South come to us, and even Hawaii. Tournaments in Dallas, Austin and College Station. We won every tournament including state champ. I know a lot more about club ball in any sport than you. 

Your daughters and their offspring will still be ashamed of you after you die, because you are a bigot and an asshole, but keep on being you, Mr. 1860.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Edit: baseball - play in ‘World Series’ every year in Florida that we win. I breed excellence. 

That's yet to be determined. Let us know when one of those excellent right wing spawns of yours signs to play somewhere. Hopefully they don't lose out to one of those scary trans kids.

39 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're not listening. I don't have any issue with discussion of the rules. The question is why is it a national issue. When did you start feeling strongly about women's sports? Why? Did you think transgendered individuals didn't exist before? How many people do you think this affects? Do you think that sports bodies are incapable of developing rules to cover these very niche situations? Do you really think this is important enough that state and national legislation needs to be involved? 

Again, this is a national for one reason and one reason only: bigotry. That's why folks are pushing this issue. You've seen the same commercials and comments from politicians claiming that these are degenerates that are grooming children. Do you really believe all this hate is unrelated? That the same people now care strongly about fairness in women's athletics for any other reason than their hatred? Come the fuck on and grow the fuck up. 

I think calling it a "national issue" is a bit hyperbolic.  As far as I can tell, it's had more legs here than anywhere else.

But, to your questions:

1. When did you start feeling strongly about women's sports? Why?
    • I don't I feel strongly about women's sports, nor do I think you need to.  To me, this isn't sports issue, per se, it's a boarder philosophical exercise.
  2. Did you think transgendered individuals didn't exist before?
    • I had a trans professor at UT, so yes, I was aware of the existence of trans people.  But are you suggesting that trans women were participating in HS and College athletics before say 10 years ago?
  3. How many people do you think this affects?
    • Define "affects"?  There are about 8.5 milllion HS and collegiate athletes in the US.  So, if roughly 3% of the population identifies as either trans or intersex, that's about 255k.  But there seems to be less of an issue with female to male trans, so cut that in half and call it 125k.  If you're talking about the "potential" of the US (not even gonna contemplate the world)... there are about 33 million biological males between the ages of 10 and 24, so that's just under a 1 million.
  4. Do you think that sports bodies are incapable of developing rules to cover these very niche situations?
    • No.  Lance Armstrong out front shoulda told you
  5. Do you really think this is important enough that state and national legislation needs to be involved?
    • No, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed or discussed in public.

My solution is quite simple and certainly not new.  Plato designed an entire republic on a similar concept.

Eliminate gender segregation in sport.  Qualifications would be based on something akin to a SPARQ score.

Just now, DixonHur said:

I think calling it a "national issue" is a bit hyperbolic.  As far as I can tell, it's had more legs here than anywhere else.

But, to your questions:

• I don't I feel strongly about women's sports, nor do I think you need to.  To me, this isn't sports issue, per se, it's a boarder philosophical exercise.
    • I had a trans professor at UT, so yes, I was aware of the existence of trans people.  But are you suggesting that trans women were participating in HS and College athletics before say 10 years ago?
    • Define "affects"?  There are about 8.5 milllion HS and collegiate athletes in the US.  So, if roughly 3% of the population identifies as either trans or intersex, that's about 255k.  But there seems to be less of an issue with female to male trans, so cut that in half and call it 125k.  If you're talking about the "potential" of the US (not even gonna contemplate the world)... there are about 33 million biological males between the ages of 10 and 24, so that's just under a 1 million.
  4. Do you think that sports bodies are incapable of developing rules to cover these very niche situations?
  5. Do you really think this is important enough that state and national legislation needs to be involved?

My solution is quite simple and certainly not new.  Plato designed an entire republic on a similar concept.

Eliminate gender segregation in sport.  Qualifications would be based on something akin to a SPARQ score.

When did it become a national issue?  Is it a national issue? https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/politics/house-transgender-sports-bill/index.html

The House voted on Thursday to pass a GOP-led bill that would ban transgender athletes from women’s and girls’ sports at federally funded schools and educational institutions.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/38209262/transgender-athlete-laws-state-legislation-science#:~:text=Transgender-,athlete,-laws by state

Since 2020, 23 states have passed laws restricting transgender athletes' ability to participate in school sports in accordance with their gender identity.

transgender_legislative_1.jpg&w=570&form

Gee, golly damn, would ya look at those states.

So, if it isn't a national issue, then why is it the subject of federal and state legislation?  Surely it's not worth all that attention?

Maybe it's people who don't give a good Goddamn about sports, women's sports in particular, but have another agenda?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

But, to your questions:

If you're not aware it has been made a national issue, then you're not paying attention. Ted Cruz is literally running his campaign around it. You've seen the commercials if you've watched any UT games this year. Have you wondered why a bunch of conservative run states have all the sudden pushed legislation on this issue? 

I get it, it doesn't affect you. You think I'm being hyperbolic. Just do a google search. Tell me what you find. And then try and convince yourself it isn't being made a national issue by those with hate in their hearts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

When did it become a national issue?  Is it a national issue? https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/20/politics/house-transgender-sports-bill/index.html

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/38209262/transgender-athlete-laws-state-legislation-science#:~:text=Transgender-,athlete,-laws by state

So, if it isn't a national issue, then why is it the subject of federal and state legislation?  Surely it's not worth all that attention?

Maybe it's people who don't give a good Goddamn about sports, women's sports in particular, but have another agenda?

So it's the same level of "national issue" as Freedom Fries?  Got it.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Performative nonsense that demonizes Americans, not just Frenchmen, who deserve to be demonized.

31f

Also "freedom fries" was never the subject of legislation, much less discriminatory legislation.

This is all of a plan to give stupid people someone to hate.  And, ultimately to direct that hate at "liberals" who are willing to stand up for the downtrodden in our society.  All so the stupid people can feel better about themselves and elect people that will continue to fuck them over.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

That's a fucked up way to look at efforts to demonize your fellow citizens. By all means, tell @troph that the hate is no big deal. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

That's a fucked up way to look at efforts to demonize your fellow citizens. By all means, tell @troph that the hate is no big deal. 

So, you're saying people should stop hating other people?  I think you're on to something there.  I'm surprised no one else has thought of that in the last 500,000 years.

Does your hyperbole know no bounds?  

Just now, safe sex said:

Fuck off with that. These are people's lives and rights.

What rights and, whose lives does my suggestion trample?

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

In some ways, the performative nonsense would be somewhat hilarious.  But there are actual victims here and in related performative nonsense that winds its way into policy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So, you're saying people should stop hating other people?  I think you're on to something there.  I'm surprised no one else has thought of that in the last 500,000 years.

You're being fatuous in a libertarian way.  

This is institutionalized hatred not for any other reason than to gain political power.  

As alluded to above, "freedom fries" doesn't have any real victims, it's just dumb.  This is dumb and has real victims.  And it's of a part with demonizing every out group they can think of that red state rednecks won't sympathize with.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

This thread is fucking bad. Lmao. 

Did anyone watch? Haven't seen any fucking screenshots.

No one gets to talk about it in this thread anymore and it locks if people didn't watch or have a comment on the game tonight where said person who everyone and their dog wants to see play as trans-woman against girls by the morning. 

Buncha shitheads. All of you should be ashamed. None of you even watched this person who is being USED as a political pawn against her will it's disgusting. At least give her screen time. 

Fucking hawk tuah is blown up for no reason at least if you are gonna make it a big deal blow up her socials and make her a lottery winner, but no this is about hate and stupidity. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

You're being fatuous in a libertarian way.  

This is institutionalized hatred not for any other reason than to gain political power.  

As alluded to above, "freedom fries" doesn't have any real victims, it's just dumb.  This is dumb and has real victims.  And it's of a part with demonizing every out group they can think of that red state rednecks won't sympathize with.

No.  I'm trying to bring some perspective.

The level of victimhood and virtue signaling some people exhibit in the CR is mind bottling.  

I've offered up what I think is a viable solution to the issue... crickets.  I make a freedom fries joke and all the sudden I'm Hitler.

But let's follow your example.  Say Congress bans trans women from participating in women's sports... not gonna happen, but let's pretend.  What's the actual result?  Honestly.  Estimate the actual damage. 

Playing sports on a HS, collegiate, or professional team is not an unalienable right.  Would it suck for some people?  Absolutely, but is that the metric we want to apply to all situations?  If anyone is disaffected than it cannot happen?

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm sorry. I thought you were discussing in earnest and ignorance. Now I see you're just a shit head. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I'm sorry. I thought you were discussing in earnest and ignorance. Now I see you're just a shit head. 

I see you're conflating every single trans issue into sports.  Good job.

Nuanced, you are not.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The level of victimhood and virtue signaling some people exhibit in the CR is mind bottling.  

I've offered up what I think is a viable solution to the issue... crickets.  I make a freedom fries joke and all the sudden I'm Hitler.

But let's follow your example.  Say Congress bans trans women from participating in women's sports... not gonna happen, but let's pretend.  What's the actual result?  Honestly.  Estimate the actual damage. 

Playing sports on a HS, collegiate, or professional team is not an unalienable right.  Would it suck for some people?  Absolutely, but is that the metric we want to apply to all situations?  If anyone is disaffected than it cannot happen?

Again, the point isn't about a ban. It is about why they are doing it. This is about power and cruelty. It is about punishing a group they don't like. That's it. You're a fuckhead for pretending otherwise. One day I hope you realized how cruel you're truly being. 

I see you're conflating every single trans issue into sports.  Good job.

Nuanced, you are not.

You don't think their related because you're fucking blind to what is going on. And the vast majority of what I posted was specific to sports.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Again, the point isn't about a ban. It is about why they are doing it. This is about power and cruelty. It is about punishing a group they don't like. That's it. You're a fuckhead for pretending otherwise. One day I hope you realized how cruel you're truly being. 

Yes. The point is the ban.  

Again, two things can be true. 

But I'm glad to know that my idea of un-gendering sports and replacing the qualifications to participate with SPARQ score type criteria is about power, cruelty and punishment.

I've offered up what I thddink is a viable solution to the issue... crickets.  I make a freedom fries joke and all the sudden I'm Hitler.

We're not talking about the actual issue, which is the "fairness" of transgender women participating in women's sports, versus the fairness of letting people play.  That is an issue about which reasonable minds can differ to some degree.

We're talking about WHY we're talking about it.  Who made is such a big hairy deal that we're expending legislative effort at the federal and red-state level to address the issue?

Why are college teams forfeiting games to another team with a trans player that satisfies the rules the NCAA has thus far set out?

This is all about demonizing people for being who they are and generating hatred and resentment of them.

It's political, it's national, and it's being driven by one particular group.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You don't think their related because you're fucking blind to what is going on. And the vast majority of what I posted was specific to sports.

I'm not even sure to the politicians it's really even about punishing them.

It's about generating a desire to punish and hate them among the electorate so that those who desire to protect them, as human beings, can be hated, too.

That there's collateral damage to the people that are targeted is pretty much irrelevant to them, as long as the prior sentence happens.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Yes. The point is the ban.  

Again, two things can be true. 

But I'm glad to know that my idea of un-gendering sports and replacing the qualifications to participate with SPARQ score type criteria is about power, cruelty and punishment.

I look forward to watching you examining your slide ruler, while the leopards are devouring your face.  The whole point here is it’s unnecessary, unneeded, and fucking hateful.  Basically the entire GOP platform.  Lindsay, fucking guy named Lindsay, out front shoulda told ya.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

We're not talking about the actual issue, which is the "fairness" of transgender women participating in women's sports, versus the fairness of letting people play.  That is an issue about which reasonable minds can differ to some degree.

Well, then therein lies the issue.  That IS what I'm talking about.

As I've repeated, two things can be true.

I don't give a shit about the GOP's current culture war, but that doesn't mean there isn't merit in discussing the underlying supposition.

I don't give a shit about the GOP's current culture war, but that doesn't mean there isn't merit in discussing the underlying supposition.

Fine, discuss it at the Lions Club or your women’s monthly Red Hat meeting.  It should not merit legislation.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I look forward to watching you examining your slide ruler, while the leopards are devouring your face.  The whole point here is it’s unnecessary, unneeded, and fucking hateful.  Basically the entire GOP platform.  Lindsay, fucking guy named Lindsay, out front shoulda told ya.

Lol, this exemplifies the CR more than any other post.  

This Dixon guy's opinion doesn't align 100% with mine, ergo he is a Trump supporter.  

The leopards may indeed eat my face, but it won't be due to me voting for their party. 

In most sports at truly competitive levels, biological females should compete with biological females, and biological males with biological males. If you want to play co-ed, you should play co-ed. I had a great time playing co-ed in HS and college, but those were recreational leagues. I am sure that there are some sports where sex differentiation doesn't really matter, and do whatever you want in those sports. The real exceptions to be managed in the competitive levels are the intersex situations. There should be compassionate ways to deal with those situations that do not put the athletes at risk and also do not put the level of competition at risk. Seems to me that in particular individual rather than team sports are more impacted and deserve some level headed scrutiny. This isn't really hard to figure out, until we have to act like biological science doesn't exist.   

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Fine, discuss it at the Lions Club or your women’s monthly Red Hat meeting.  It should not merit legislation.  

Holy misogyny Batman.

Other than that I'd love for you to point to the post where I said it should be legislated.  

Just now, DixonHur said:

Lol, this exemplifies the CR more than any other post.  

This Dixon guy's opinion doesn't align 100% with mine, ergo he is a Trump supporter.  

The leopards may indeed eat my face, but it won't be due to me voting for their party. 

You’re projecting.  I never said nor thought you were a trump supporter.  That would be a low blow.  I’m saying this is a hill you don’t want to die on, because years later people will look at it similar to a confederate monument.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You’re projecting.  I never said nor thought you were a trump supporter.  That would be a low blow.  I’m saying this is a hill you don’t want to die on, because years later people will look at it similar to a confederate monument.  

Later we'll all be dead.  

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

My guy, no one has an issue with your proposal. I made something similar earlier in the fucking thread. You're just being a shit head troll and ignoring the actual discussion. One day you're going to be embarrassed by your posts today. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Just now, Dahobbs said:

My guy, no has an issue with your proposal. I made something similar earlier in the fucking thread. You're just being a shit head troll and ignoring the actual discussion. One day you're going to be embarrassed by your posts today. 

Wrong.  I came into this thread commenting on @52-80 and @troph's fair minded discussion about ways to make changes.  That is what I've been discussing the whole time.  You have been trying to drag me into a debate about GOP culture wars against the trans community.  

That's not my desire on this thread so I refuse to engage in that line of thought.  Mostly because we probably agree and so it would be boring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. And all that will matter is how many people did you help, vs how many did you hurt.

You’re playing the “hurt people” crowd’s game here.

Don't tease me with a philosophical debate, you minx.

I don't believe in a universal morality...

But I wish there were a philosophy board...or if there is I wish I knew where it was.

Edited by DixonHur

Wrong.  I came into this thread commenting on @52-80 and @troph's fair minded discussion about ways to make changes.  That is what I've been discussing the whole time.  You have been trying to drag me into a debate about GOP culture wars against the trans community.  

That's not my desire on this thread so I refuse to engage in that line of thought.  Mostly because we probably agree and so it would be boring.

Then why not say that when I fucking laid out the two lines of discussion? Why deny that this has been made national issue? You were fucking trolling and you know it. Fucking pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And that’s fair, I hope we can all agree that this isn’t some election defining issue, it’s fucking slorched.  

Well I mean we have a United States Senator from our state running for reelection and his entire campaign strategy right now is based on this issue. So it kind of is. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Then why not say that when I fucking laid out the two lines of discussion? Why deny that this has been made national issue? You were fucking trolling and you know it. Fucking pathetic. 

Because I thought you were saying the SJSU player, in particular, was a national issue.

Not that trans rights are a national issue

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Well I mean we have a United States Senator from our state running for reelection and his entire campaign strategy right now is based on this issue. So it kind of is. 

True, but I'd argue that no one is switching votes over it

Wrong.  I came into this thread commenting on @52-80 and @troph's fair minded discussion about ways to make changes.  That is what I've been discussing the whole time. 

Yes, we know. You are validating the foundational element of the """discussion""" that it merits action at all in the first place. You are saying there IS a problem that MUST be solved. 

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

You have been trying to drag me into a debate about GOP culture wars against the trans community.  

This has been made a culture war by the GOP. It is reality nationally, even if your head in the sand hasn't noticed. I'm sorry that your poor little feelings cannot handle that you're siding with the fascists on their let issue 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

That's yet to be determined. Let us know when one of those excellent right wing spawns of yours signs to play somewhere. Hopefully they don't lose out to one of those scary trans kids.

Not scared of trans kids.  I’m backing away from the thread. Will let you know where we play collegiately. I suspect I’ve got 1-2. Certainly at least one. UT possibilities. Not right wing. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

That was my point, and I almost reposted the  campaign ad.  The fact that this thread exists pisses me off.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Yes, we know. You are validating the foundational element of the """discussion""" that it merits action at all in the first place. You are saying there IS a problem that MUST be solved. 

I'm sorry, I thought this was an Internet message board... if anyone is here under the impression that important issues are being solved, I have news for them.

I'm sorry, I thought this was an Internet message board... if anyone is here under the impression that important issues are being solved, I have news for them.

It’s not like any of us are posting pics of our tits and running for office or anything like that.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Yeah, and the republicans are no shit working up to a final solution for trans people. They want to send them to fucking conversion abuse camps as children and then persecute them and force them out of participation in society as legal adults. 

Ken Paxton is literally collecting drivers license information of people who have changed their gender. Just to keep tabs on em. Just in case. 

Just be fucking aware of who's water you're carrying. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Yeah, and the republicans are no shit working up to a final solution for trans people. They want to send them to fucking conversion abuse camps as children and then persecute them and force them out of participation in society as legal adults. 

Ken Paxton is literally collecting drivers license information of people who have changed their gender. Just to keep tabs on em. Just in case. 

Just be fucking aware of who's water you're carrying. 

Hey, I have an idea.  Stop electing them.

I hate to break it to you, but the GOP has far more wide-reaching skull-fuckery planned if they win the White House.  

Trans rights are but a statistical drop in the bucket.

• Fuck You 1