Wyoming forfeits Volleyball matchup with San Jose State

Iceman

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

And as for your earlier comments, they are fair but there may be other genetic differences besides the known sex hormones. Those other differences are much harder to test for since they may be unknown to scientists.

Men typically have better reflexes/coordination, for example. 

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Wyoming becomes third school to cancel game against women’s volleyball team with transgender player

By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Another women’s collegiate volleyball team has forfeited its game against San Jose State University, a team with a transgender athlete, putting pressure on the NCAA to bar biological males from female sports.

The University of Wyoming said Tuesday evening that its women’s volleyball team would take the loss rather than play San Jose State and standout redshirt-senior Blaire Fleming, identified as a male-to-female transgender student.

“After a lengthy discussion, the University of Wyoming will not play its scheduled conference match against San Jose State University in the UniWyo Sports Complex on Saturday, Oct. 5,” said Wyoming spokesperson Chad Baldwin in a statement. “Per Mountain West Conference policy, the conference will record the match as a forfeit and a loss for Wyoming.”

Wyoming became the third university in the Mountain West, an NCAA Division I conference, to withdraw from its game against the undefeated Spartans.

Southeast Utah and Boise State already had refused to play San Jose State.

None of the schools has given an explanation for refusing to play, but Fleming’s participation on the San Jose squad has been hotly debated since Reduxx broke the story in April.

Those cheering the university’s decision included Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon, who said he was in “full support of the decision by @wyoathletics to forego playing its volleyball match against San Jose State.

“It’s important we stand for integrity and fairness in female athletics,” the Republican governor wrote on X.

The decision came after Republican state Sen. Cheri Steinmetz circulated a letter among state legislators urging University of Wyoming President Ed Seidel and Athletic Director Tom Burman to forfeit the scheduled match.

“We assure you; the majority of our constituents do not want the integrity of Women’s Athletics to be decimated by the participation of males who overall have superior physical strength and abilities to women,” said the Oct. 1 letter. “We the undersigned Legislators urge you to cancel this match and reconsider your policies regarding DEI and DEI in Women’s Athletics at UW.”

San Jose State has not commented publicly on Fleming, who transferred to the California school in 2022 after playing at Coastal Carolina University in South Carolina.

Fleming has the second-most kills and points on the 9-0 team, trailing only redshirt sophomore Nayeli Ti’a.

But last week, Fleming’s teammate Brooke Slusser joined a lawsuit against the NCAA challenging its policy allowing male-born players to compete in female sports based on gender identity.

Idaho, Utah and Wyoming are among the 25 states that have passed measures barring biological males from competing based on gender identity in female scholastic sports.

San Jose State’s next match is Wednesday against Colorado State University in Fort Collins, which is unlikely to forfeit, given that Democratic Gov. Jared Polis signed a bill last year making Colorado a “transgender sanctuary” state.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

As a side note, I don’t understand why people line up so neatly on this issue to their already existing political affiliation. I would have thought this issue would have brought mixed viewpoints, given its complexity. But everyone is in their box. 

Except that is literally false.  FFS, the ACTUAL TRANS PERSON ON THIS THREAD EXPRESSED A MIXED VIEWPOINT.  Most of us believe that there is surely a rational and balanced way to approach the issue, and we lament that the current "conversation" has ZERO interest in finding such a way.

See this:

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

They actually don't. For instance, folks on one side might have different takes on how to decide who competes where. It is just that folks on the other side all agree that hate and political grandstanding is more important than actually discussing reasonable policies for a niche issue that affects an extremely small percentage of athletic participants

Also ironic that the folks for small government and freedoms are all about government intrusion into female athletics that they don't otherwise give a damn about. 

The bolded is the breakdown.  It's fucking maddening.  From the "side" that is all up in arms about trans participation in sports, there is ZERO interest in solving the issue in a rational and balanced way.  Instead, it is 100% about grandstanding and creating an issue to condemn and abuse marginalized people.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

50 minutes ago, troph said:

wait, what you took from my response was a comment about you, your gender and your body? really? you're right we aren't going to agree, I typically don't agree with people who have no idea what the fuck they are talking about. as a general rule mind you, not one about trans issues only.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

48 minutes ago, troph said:

that's fine for you and others. this shit is personal to me though. the right to compete for any person who is innately an athlete is a fundamental human right. it's something in our DNA and we've been competing with our bodies since the moment we could scratch out the scenes in caves way back in the day.

you know what else is in your DNA?

Just now, royiv said:

Can’t help yourself can you, Rex? You had to run from your previous handle and create a new one based on your POS views. Once a shithead, always a shithead.

I think Frank is Johnny, Johnny is Frank. but i can't keep up with them all.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Some school could decide to put LeBron James on their women’s basketball team and I don’t think I would care about it other than some simple amusement. 

I was watching some of the women's Olympic basketball and 3on3 and it was terrible. the best players in the world, and they wouldn't even be competitive against a good 5A basketball team and would probably lose to a lot of freshmen teams. That being said, a decent number of people like women's sports. I like women's beach volleyball depending on the match-up.

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You are comparing an average male to a women's athletic team. Now compare an above average male to a women's athletic team. And as for your earlier comments, they are fair but there may be other genetic differences besides the known sex hormones. Those other differences are much harder to test for since they may be unknown to scientists.

Who cares? How is this even an issue that anyone gives a shit about? Do people really think that cisgender men are going to electively transition to compete in women’s sports? This issues is so incredibly ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, royiv said:

Who cares? How is this even an issue that anyone gives a shit about? Do people really think that cisgender men are going to electively transition to compete in women’s sports? This issues is so incredibly ridiculous. 

You seem to care. Otherwise, why post?

6 minutes ago, troph said:

I think Frank is Johnny, Johnny is Frank. but i can't keep up with them all.

Fuck, you’re right. I didn’t have my cheat sheet with me and Rex’s false concern for his daughters on this topic was already all over the thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

You're confused. He cares that a poor student is being attacked and made a spectacle of for political grandstanding. He cares about the hate some have for the fellow human beings. This isn't about sports in the slightest, and you know it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Bevo said:

Sick burn, bro. I don’t lose a wink of sleep about a trans-athlete playing in a volleyball game. What I do care about is people who use this as a wedge issue to harass and marginalize a group of people. If you can’t acknowledge that some people use this issue to demonize the trans community then you’ve got your head in the sand.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

You're confused. He cares that a poor student is being attacked and made a spectacle of for political grandstanding. He cares about the hate some have for the fellow human beings. This isn't about sports in the slightest, and you know it. 

Are you saying that it is some sort of CR topic posted on here? You should let @immamac know.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Fuck, you’re right. I didn’t have my cheat sheet with me and Rex’s false concern for his daughters on this topic was already all over the thread.

I have no concern for my daughters in this matter. I made that clear in my first post. You’re really confused. 

Upon reflection, this could be some state-level grandstanding. I don’t know, and as it doesn’t concern me or my daughters, I’m gonna bow out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I was watching some of the women's Olympic basketball and 3on3 and it was terrible. the best players in the world, and they wouldn't even be competitive against a good 5A basketball team and would probably lose to a lot of freshmen teams. That being said, a decent number of people like women's sports. I like women's beach volleyball depending on the match-up.

This is just straight up bullshit. Professional women's basketball players would wipe the floor with any high school team. How can you be this fucking dumb? It's fine not to enjoy women's basketball, but this is an absolute dogshit take.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Are you saying that it is some sort of CR topic posted on here? You should let @immamac know.

I already did. Apparently we've decided this discussion belongs here, which is fine with me either way. 

That's exactly what it is. Not only that, it was started by a poster who had imma delete his original account and ban this one from the CR so he would stop getting pantsed in there, yet he still can't help himself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, royiv said:

Sick burn, bro. I don’t lose a wink of sleep about a trans-athlete playing in a volleyball game. What I do care about is people who use this as a wedge issue to harass and marginalize a group of people. If you can’t acknowledge that some people use this issue to demonize the trans community then you’ve got your head in the sand.

So you care more about transgender issues than women's athletics issues. That's understandable. I agree with you though that it is a wedge issue similar to forcing companies to have third bathrooms or single homogeneous bathrooms that have pee covered floors and walls and seats and sinks and ceilings.

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

It is so ridiculous this is an issue. And I was told this wasn’t an issue. A fabricated deal. Glad that 25 (26 I thought) states have barred males from participating in women’s sports. Glad my daughters and I live in Texas. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

I have no concern for my daughters in this matter. I made that clear in my first post. You’re really confused. 

Upon reflection, this could be some state-level grandstanding. I don’t know, and as it doesn’t concern me or my daughters, I’m gonna bow out. 

Then why did you specifically call out how thrilled you are about the laws in 25 states and that you’re glad you live in Texas?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

So you care more about transgender issues than women's athletics issues. That's understandable. I agree with you though that it is a wedge issue similar to forcing companies to have third bathrooms or single homogeneous bathrooms that have pee covered floors and walls and seats and sinks and ceilings.

Are you literally Joe Rogan? Tell us about the kitty litter, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

It really sucks that she will very likely be endlessly harassed over this.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Then why did you specifically call out how thrilled you are about the laws in 25 states and that you’re glad you live in Texas?

Is it not obvious in the two posts you linked?  Are you that confused in this thread?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Edited by Dahobbs

2 hours ago, immamac said:

All of the sudden everyone gives a shit about this? No one gives a shit about this. 

These stupid fucks are just posting “current events” lol. Nothing political to see here. 

cowards

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is just straight up bullshit. Professional women's basketball players would wipe the floor with any high school team. How can you be this fucking dumb? It's fine not to enjoy women's basketball, but this is an absolute dogshit take.

Terrible opinion and you should feel bad. We went 6'7", 6'9", 6'10 across the front line and the guards were 6'1" and 6'4". Not great athletes but 3 went on to play D1. We didn't win state. Not even close. Sorry for your aggressiveness, but it doesn't change reality.

I wasn't impressed with Clarissa Davis playing against her at Gregory 30 years ago and watching the Olympics, I'm still unimpressed with the state of women's basketball. The 3on3 shit was atrocious and the games were bad as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Terrible opinion and you should feel bad. We went 6'7", 6'9", 6'10 across the front line and the guards were 6'1" and 6'4". Not great athletes but 3 went on to play D1. We didn't win state. Not even close. Sorry for your aggressiveness, but it doesn't change reality.

I wasn't impressed with Clarissa Davis playing against her at Gregory 30 years ago and watching the Olympics, I'm still unimpressed with the state of women's basketball. The 3on3 shit was atrocious and the games were bad as well.

Watching men’s 3 on 3 is damned near as bad - it’s a terrible game. That’s not because of gender, it’s because the game sucks.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's exactly what it is. Not only that, it was started by a poster who had imma delete his original account and ban this one from the CR so he would stop getting pantsed in there, yet he still can't help himself.

The topic was posted for the reason that is happening- conversation.  but I guess for some, even that conversation is some kind of threat.

It is absolutely about  happenings within our society.  It was odd to me that the topic was not already posted.

The conversation itself was my goal.  Thank you.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My issue with this whole discussion is that many of the loudest voices have no true concern about the fairness of women's sports or whatever, but just have hatred to spread and view this as an acceptable outlet.

We saw it in the Olympics, where many folks couldn't wait to pile on that poor woman - and then baselessly started to speculate about other athletes that didn't "seem" feminine enough.  There was no desire to acquire facts on the issue and no attempt to mitigate the damage done by these allegations... just an opportunity to yell on the internet and then move on to the next outrage of the day.

There is a genuine discussion to be had on the topic, as troph has illustrated, but nobody with a megaphone seems to be interested in participating.  

I hope Imane Khelif sues in US courts and wins a billion.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The topic was posted for the reason that is happening- conversation.  but I guess for some, even that conversation is some kind of threat.

It is absolutely about  happenings within our society.  It was odd to me that the topic was not already posted.

Slorch'd

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Is it not obvious in the two posts you linked?  Are you that confused in this thread?

No, I guess it’s not and, yes, I guess I am. Please explain what you meant because it appears to me that you said that you’re glad that 25 states have laws in place that prohibit transwomen from competing in women’s sports and then you specifically mentioned it in reference to your daughters. Do you not give a shit if a person who has fully transitioned competes in women’s sports? Because, if so, I owe you an apology for misinterpreting your point.

There are rules in place to prevent the South Park scenario of a dude just saying he's a woman and dominating, which is why that is by far one of the dumbest and weakest episodes they ever created. But the whiners don't fucking care, it's about virtue signaling and hate, nothing more, nothing less.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

No it wasn't. The hate was your goal. Embrace the shittiness of your character. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

IMG_2199.jpeg.9f27a46a4a95f228430aba716f735f98.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No it wasn't. The hate was your goal. Embrace the shittiness of your character. 

You do hate, I'll give you that.  Keep going Quixote!!!

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There are HS basketball team that have multiple players that will be college studs or NBA players in a year or two.

South Carolina's women's team went 38-0 this year.  They practice with - and often lose to - male college students.

How many times does the story have to be told about the USWNT losing to a bunch of 14 year old boys?  That wasn't because of skill.  It was because of size, strength and speed across the board.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2023/11/10/carli-lloyd-confirms-uswnt-once-lost-team-15-year-old-boys

There is nuance to this discussion, but to act like there isn't a massive physical advantage for males over females in athletics is dishonest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Eh a large school state championship HS boys team would beat a WNBA team at least half the time. Hell an elite AAU 16U team would. It’s physics

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Women actually have a slight but measurable advantage in reaction time

I'd love to see a source here. 

31 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I like the WNBA as much as anyone here but Duncanville would wipe the floor with the Aces. 

There are plenty of WNBA players that I think could give you minutes at a high varsity-boys level but 5 on 5 no fucking way. You think Tre Johnson couldn't hoof it in the W?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'd love to see a source here. 

I like the WNBA as much as anyone here but Duncanville would wipe the floor with the Aces. 

There are plenty of WNBA players that I think could give you minutes at a high varsity-boys level but 5 on 5 no fucking way. You think Tre Johnson couldn't hoof it in the W?

I think that person is citing a study on how women generally make decisions on how to act in real time faster than men, but it's not the same thing as reflexive reaction time.