Who decided that a TD should be called a "Tuddy"?

AUinHsv

I know that I’m an old now when shit like this pisses me off.  Putting aside tuddy, natty and the like, another thing that annoys me is seeing defensive backs doing the incomplete ref motions or the “no” finger wag particularly when they did nothing to cause the incompletion.  I like it though, when they get burned on the very next play and the receiver TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

I know that I’m an old now when shit like this pisses me off.  Putting aside tuddy, natty and the like, another thing that annoys me is seeing defensive backs doing the incomplete ref motions or the “no” finger wag particularly when they did nothing to cause the incompletion.  I like it though, when they get burned on the very next play and the receiver TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE!

Or the defenses getting gashed all the way down the field who make a stop on one play and dance. 

It flows off the tongue better than "tee dee" as it's "tuh dee" and it's all about that stuff with the younger generation for some reason. 

Can you put one of those banners like “well written content” but have it say “get off my lawn”

Posted (edited)

I've had reasonable success purging this blight from my fantasy football text thread. I made it clear that I would text the group a picture of goatse every time someone used the term. 

As you can likely imagine, this plan wasn't without its own controversy, but it all eventually worked out to my satisfaction. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It’s like saying “begs the question” when he means “raises the question.” It’s a signal to stop listening. 

Youre're giving me "deja vu" all over again!

It's a doggy dog world out there man give 110% and it's the same difference. 

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I blame Pat McAfee

He's a symptom, not the problem.  

This has been going on since the explosion of TV coverage.  All these broadcasters need a catchphrase, so they just throw out random shit like tuddy and dinger.

The genesis for me was Chris Berman's pathological need to make up nicknames for players.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

Can’t wait for Quinn to get multiple tuddies in the natty on the way to the dub. Croots will be lining up to play for us. 

you fucks getting worked up over shit that is becoming common phrases and such is hilarious 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can’t wait for Quinn to get multiple tuddies in the natty on the way to the dub. Croots will be lining up to play for us. 

you fucks getting worked up over shit that is becoming common phrases and such is hilarious 

Get off my lawn!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not to mention bring home the hardware with the Davey O and H-Tro's

La Jolla yeets the rock 

Edited by DixonHur