Who decided that a TD should be called a "Tuddy"?

AUinHsv

I'm not sure what happened to "touches".

Quick abbrv that doesn't make you sound like a spoiled 11 year old.

"He had a nice game?"

"Yeah he went for 220 and 3 touches"

Or just "TDs". Everything has to have some dumb term attached now. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'll tell you who started calling it tuddy, Gen Z with their TikTok bullshit

The most worthless generation…ever.
As a Milennial in my mid 30s, I can’t stand them for dumb shit like this. Maybe they’ll grow up someday- nah, they’ll probably just complain on social media more using their super cool slang. 

Oh God, I’m old.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

12 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

As a Milennial in my mid 30s, I can’t stand them for dumb shit like this. Maybe they’ll grow up someday- nah, they’ll probably just complain on social media more using their super cool slang. 

Oh God, I’m old.

You're not much older than me. If you think Gen Z is bad, I dread to see how Gen Alpha will be when they're teenagers....

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I’d be fine if we did away with lazy nicknames using first name initial, first syllable of last name. 
J-Lo, J-Law, A-Rod etc 

and don't forget "LHorn."  I HATE THAT ONE 😉

(Edit: Beau Vine beat me to it)

Edited by Bullneck
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can’t wait for Quinn to get multiple tuddies in the natty on the way to the dub. Croots will be lining up to play for us. 

you fucks getting worked up over shit that is becoming common phrases and such is hilarious 

Yeah, what is the outrage here? Omg, some younger people used a new word or phrase to describe something! Did you know what they meant? Yes? Then who cares? Have you people never watched Letterkenny?

Edited by Pam Cummings

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

But why? I learned another lazy slang the other day. HOCO. After asking around I found out it means “homecoming”.

Some kid had made a sign, placed it in a front yard to ask, I assume, his girlfriend to go to homecoming with him.

Because that's what humans do? I've heard plenty of older people than me refer to a hundred dollar bill as "a hundy". But saying "tuddy" is just such an outrage? Not buying it. This is some real get off my lawn shit right here.

I'm gonna give you that "HOCO" is a bit stupid. I wouldn't just automatically know what that is.

Edited by Pam Cummings

32 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, what is the outrage here? Omg, some younger people used a new word or phrase to describe something! Did you know what they meant? Yes? Then who cares? Have you people never watched Letterkenny?

You lookin’ for a tilly, buddy?

• Haha 1

Listen, none of you guys have ever played in the National Football League. Until you've played in the National Football League, who are you to judge the lingo used in the National Football League? Alumni of the National Football League share their own language.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Because that's what humans do? I've heard plenty of older people than me refer to a hundred dollar bill as "a hundy". But saying "tuddy" is just such an outrage? Not buying it. This is some real get off my lawn shit right here.

I'm gonna give you that "HOCO" is a bit stupid. I wouldn't just automatically know what that is.

Never heard "hundy" but have heard "c-note".

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

and can we beat them with stick?  Just heard this expression on Sirius NFL channel. Not in favor of it. A Tuddy sounds like a toy for a small child or an ice cream flavor

Sportscasters are idiots who latch on to new terms and beat them to death. "Third and manageable" is one example. The torturous evolution of mano a mano, which the morons think means man against man, to mano y mano which can mean just about anything to the announcers.

At least, someone must have sent out a memo about a team being in "the shadow of their goal line." That's the definition of the low bar for articulatation in the booth.

It's going to be mano y mano as the Boogers, standing in the shadow of their goal line try to keep the Gallstones out of the endzone. A tuddy would make it a two possession game.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Every generation has it own lingo. Hep cats, cool, groovy, far out, can you dig, totally awesome, radical, bad, bogus, ice, dope.  It's specific and intentional, a way to distinguish themselves from previous generations and express a sense of identity and belonging.

And people always give nicknames to common items or terms.  As noted above, a hundred dollar bill can be a Benjamin, a benny, a c-note, a hundy, a hundo, and probably several  more I've never heard of.  

Nothing new here.  Stop being Ohio and start vibing.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Never heard "hundy" but have heard "c-note".

If someone said "hundy" in front of me I'd have to pause for a sec.

"Hundo" I have heard. Bill, Benji, Franklin.

• Like 1

I’m currently displaced by Helene. The family that we’re staying with has small children and two young kittens. One of the kids has a hard time saying the “k” sound and replaced it with a “t” sound. So instead of “I want to snuggle with the kitties,” he says, well you get the idea. He really likes those kitties and talks and asks about them constantly.

That’s all I have to add.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can’t wait for Quinn to get multiple tuddies in the natty on the way to the dub. Croots will be lining up to play for us. 

you fucks getting worked up over shit that is becoming common phrases and such is hilarious 

It started with drivethrus putting numbers to orders. Eventually we’ll just grunt to order food.

21 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

hey, guess which fanbase thinks tuddy, natty, t-sip and uncover are cool things to yell during a wedding or church?

9 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Oh God, I’m old.

Just wait til they start replacing you at your job, like what happened to me recently at SurlyHorns.com  

a-sad-looking-older-man-dressed-in-old-f

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's going to be mano y mano as the Boogers, standing in the shadow of their goal line try to keep the Gallstones out of the endzone. A tuddy would make it a two possession game.

Let's see if the Boogers dial up a blitz here in an effort to keep the Gallstones from punching their ticket to the next round!

Every generation has it own lingo. Hep cats, cool, groovy, far out, can you dig, totally awesome, radical, bad, bogus, ice, dope.  It's specific and intentional, a way to distinguish themselves from previous generations and express a sense of identity and belonging.
And people always give nicknames to common items or terms.  As noted above, a hundred dollar bill can be a Benjamin, a benny, a c-note, a hundy, a hundo, and probably several  more I've never heard of.  
Nothing new here.  Stop being Ohio and start vibing.

But there are misses that can and should be derided. A “tuddy” feels douchie. It shouldnt be mainstream at all.

“Hundie” also sounds douchie in many circumstances. For example, business man in suit asks waitress for change for a “hundie” - douchebag. Golf buddy giving his buddy a hard time for losing a “hundie” gambling. Thats probably also douchie but could add to the story.

Context matters. Someone uses “tuddy” on this message board should be ridiculed. Dont make it a thing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Excerpt from inevitable upcoming Gen Alpha Football Guide:
"There are many ways to score points playing fooby.  The best scoring play is the tuddy, which not only gives the team six points, but also lets the scoring team go for an extra point with a patty, or an extra two points from a twopy.  If the team can't score a tuddy on their drive, they can still get points with a three-point feegy.  And it isn't just the offy that can score points - by forcing the other team to down the ball in their own end zone, the deefy can add to a team's score thru a two-point safey."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

And another thing, not to go all Edwin Newman here but exactly how and and when did “all the sudden” become a part of valid English lexicon?

Does “the” mean the same as “of a”? Fuck, no.  

Every last sports announcer and pod caster says “all the sudden” without hesitation.  Nossir, I don’t like it.  It’s pure carelessness and a lack of fundamental reading at kindergarten level.  It’s everywhere and it drives me as mad as Ren Hoek with a splattered paint background after Stimpy gave away the $47 million he had just won in the Gritty Kitty poem contest.  

“All the sudden” my ass.

Posted (edited)

Hark!  The 4 certainties of life:

1. Death
  2. Taxes
  3. The English language changing
  4. Older generations bitching about #3

Not to put pearls before swine here, but some of y'all fly rinks don't know your onions and are sounding like butter and egg men.  Methinks you're keen as mustard to spend a fortnight on a load of codswallop.  Unfortunately you've got your knickers in a twist over nothing and created a thread chock a block with bad assumptions - truly a dog's breakfast.  Instead, go have a chinwag with someone younger than you, and if they're mad as a hatter and the conversation goes pear shaped and is giving you happy returns, tell them to put a sock in it.  Otherwise, let's just take the egg and let's all get back to talking about having our flag out at a red onion and amorous congress between Mr. John's Goodfellow and Mrs. Fubbs' Parlor.

with apologies to @Armybrat

Edited by Horn of Gabriel
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

1. Death
  2. Taxes

Not to put pearls before swine here, but some of y'all fly rinks don't know your onions and are sounding like butter and egg men.  Methinks you're keen as mustard to spend a fortnight on a load of codswallop.  Unfortunately you've got your knickers in a twist over nothing and created a thread chock a block with bad assumptions - truly a dog's breakfast.  Instead, go have a chinwag with someone younger than you, and if they're mad as a hatter and the conversation goes pear shaped and is giving you happy returns, tell them to put a sock in it.  Otherwise, let's just take the egg and let's all get back to talking about having our flag out at a red onion and amorous congress between Mr. John's Goodfellow and Mrs. Fubbs' Parlor.

with apologies to @Armybrat

Sod off, guv’nah.

57 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

People are stupid and lazy. It makes for a bad combination. A lot of them are desperate to sound cool. People that use natty or tuddy should be sterilized.

I mean, really… who’s ever going to know whether they’ve been sterilized or not?

Bunch of fucking youngsters in here....I'm still pissed about 'the red zone'.  Same amount of syllables as 'the twenty', and last time i looked, the 'red zone' grass was the same color as the rest of the field.

1. Death
  2. Taxes
with apologies to [mention=1205]Armybrat[/mention]

Older generations are gonna bitch about 1 and 2 as well.

23 minutes ago, otisdog said:

Bunch of fucking youngsters in here....I'm still pissed about 'the red zone'.  Same amount of syllables as 'the twenty', and last time i looked, the 'red zone' grass was the same color as the rest of the field.

Well, hell… you can talk about the high and low red zone, but not the high and low “the twenty.”