Question about resale of Swift ERAs Tour Tickets

To make a longer story slightly less long.  My daughter, the KPop queen, is also a big Swifty.  So when the ERAs tour was announced, she begged for tickets to one of the Houston shows in April.  The only way to get face-value tickets to the tour was by signing up as a verified fan on her website, getting randomly selected, getting a code, and then using that code in a free-for-all to buy tickets from ticket master on a selected date.  I signed up as a verified fan but wasn't selected.  After looking at the resale market, the answer was, "Sorry, dear, you don't get to go."  It's not that I'm a meany, just that there is only so much money I'm willing to shell out for concert tickets for her.  Fast forward, and Swift announces additional U.S. tour dates, including New Orleans on October.  So, since I was already a verified fan, I signed up again.   This time, I got randomly selected and snagged 4 tickets to the Friday, 10/25/24 show in the Superdome.  The plan was to rent a VRBO and go with my brother's family.  The women would go to the concert, and the men would gamble and drink.  Unfortunately, my brother backed out for some stupid reason, like one of his daughter's due dates being that week.  I figured no problem, I'll sell 2 of the 4 tickets to fund the trip, and my daughter will still get to see the show.  Unfortunately, for some unknown reason ( I'm sure involving lots of money for ticket master), they are only allowing resale through Ticketmaster for the Saturday 10/26/24 show.  Their site says that they may allow resale of the other shows at some later date.  I see some tickets for the Friday show on EBay.  I'm assuming that Ebay handles the cash. and the seller just transfers the tickets to the buyer.  That seems like a recipe for disaster to me, though.  Do any assholes here have any experience with this?  I'm taking my daughter to the concert regardless of any other outcome, but an extra $2 or $3 thousand would certainly make me enjoy the show much more.   Hopefully, there will be some useful information gathered here, other than pickup two strippers and take them to the concert with us.

tldr, how do I fuck ticketmaster

Since most resales are to a buyer that a seller won't ever meet up with 1:1 & instead both parties do a digital transfer, what's the possibility that you do a Craigslist or even FB Marketplace sale?

You inform the buyer that they will be sitting right next to you & the transaction will be ca$h only.  Meet up @ a designated location & you 4 walk through the arena doors all @ the same time.

Now... how you get the other person to actually show up & not F you in the process, that would probably take some sort of contract agreement that is enforceable with financial penalties for backing out on either end. & punitive damages in addition to cost of tickets, specifies the venue for any lawsuits, etc.  Seems like a lot of added headaches however given that cost for the tickets, it is a rational step IMO.

My thoughts, anyhow.

Have you received the electronic tickets yet? My wife bought tickets to one of the Stockholm shows off of a third party site and she didn’t receive the e-tickets until the day we boarded the plane to fly to Europe. I would do exactly what imma suggests. I know a bunch of people in Houston who weren’t able to get tickets for the shows at NRG that are heading to New Orleans for this round. I bet you won’t have a hard time getting a taker. In the end, I bet the silver lining is that you enjoy going to the show. It will be a memorable experience with your daughter and Taylor puts on a great show.

I'd highly recommend getting onto one of the fan ticket groups on Facebook. Bought some last year for my GF this way and was a good experience. I'm sure the people we bought them from made a nice chunk of change avoiding the Ticketmaster sellers fees. Accept Zelle or meet up with someone to take cash and ask for anything remotely reasonable compared to market rate and you'll sell them in a few hours.

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I have the tickets in (electronic) hand and can transfer them, so I guess that's the way to go.  I was just hoping to be able to do it through Ticket Master to avoid dealing with people.  I've become somewhat of a recluse in my old age.

That's actually the valid reason why you should put them on Ticketmaster. Why would you not use it if that's what you were specifically trying to avoid? 

I understand that Ticketmaster is not allowing resale, but is there a reason you can't just sell them on Stubhub instead? 

https://www.stubhub.com/taylor-swift-new-orleans-tickets-10-25-2024/event/152129103/?quantity=2

Once the sale is made, you can transfer in your ticketmaster app based on the buyer's info provided to you by Stubhub.

Also, PSA my daughter had her ticketmaster account hacked and 4 tickets stolen the week of a show recently (she received an email from Ticketmaster informing her that her transfer had been accepted).  Long story short, she got her original tickets reinstated the morning of the show, but it was a stressful week working through the process with TM's "stellar" customer service department.  Moral of the story, change your TM password.

Edited by orange dream

Yeah, I just looked, and both Stubhub and SeatGeek have listings for the Friday show.  I may go that route.  I just assumed that since Ticket Master wasn't allowing resale, they would block using the other sites.  It seems like TM is leaving a shitload of money on the table.  As an aside, I thought KPop fans (BTS fans in particular) were nuts, but Swifties are on a whole different level. I changed my TM password yesterday.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

That's actually the valid reason why you should put them on Ticketmaster. Why would you not use it if that's what you were specifically trying to avoid? 

TM isn’t allowing resale of Friday tickets, just Saturday. Which is weird. Diff venues, ok. But diff “rules” for back to back nights at the same venue? Fuck all that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Since most resales are to a buyer that a seller won't ever meet up with 1:1 & instead both parties do a digital transfer, what's the possibility that you do a Craigslist or even FB Marketplace sale?

You inform the buyer that they will be sitting right next to you & the transaction will be ca$h only.  Meet up @ a designated location & you 4 walk through the arena doors all @ the same time.

Now... how you get the other person to actually show up & not F you in the process, that would probably take some sort of contract agreement that is enforceable with financial penalties for backing out on either end. & punitive damages in addition to cost of tickets, specifies the venue for any lawsuits, etc.  Seems like a lot of added headaches however given that cost for the tickets, it is a rational step IMO.

My thoughts, anyhow.

I would include toll road fees in the contract, just to be safe 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

"...to avoid dealing with people.  I've become somewhat of a recluse in my old age."

Said the guy who is going to a massive arena  with +75,000 people & will end up spending around 2 hours standing next to the ticket buyer.

My thoughts, anyhow.

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

Said the guy who is going to a massive arena  with +75,000 people & will end up spending around 2 hours standing next to the ticket buyer.

My daughter is going to go with a cousin.  I'm going to walk them to the gate, go sit in a bar, and stagger back to pick them up, then they will carry me back to the Hotel.

Anyhow, I don't where the Friday tickets on Stubhub and SeatGeek are coming from because it doesn't appear that you can upload these to the sites.  These tickets have the moving bar code.

23 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My daughter is going to go with a cousin.  I'm going to walk them to the gate, go sit in a bar, and stagger back to pick them up, then they will carry me back to the Hotel.

Anyhow, I don't where the Friday tickets on Stubhub and SeatGeek are coming from because it doesn't appear that you can upload these to the sites.  These tickets have the moving bar code.

drunk NMAS leaning against a streetlight outside of a taylor swift concert we need to check the NOLA mugshots for whenever this is

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I sold tickets to the Eras Tour show at Jerryworld last year.  YMMV, but I never uploaded tickets to Stubhub.  I listed the tickets and input the section row and seat numbers in that process.  When they sold, Stubhub gave me the email address for the buyer and said I needed to go to the original ticket sellers portal (Seatgeek was the exclusive ticket seller for Jerryworld events, whereas Ticketmaster infamously handled most tickets to the Eras tour) and transfer the tickets to the purchaser.  I made the transfer in the Seatgeek app and got a notice at somepoint that my ticket transfer had been accepted / received by the buyer.  A week or so after the show Stubhub paid me.

Good luck!!

Edited by orange dream

15 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If I remember correctly, this happened to me with CFP title game tickets. No resale on Ticketmaster so I sold on Stubhub. Once you list on Stubhub, there will be an option to deliver to stubhub. They’ll provide an email to send the tickets and you just transfer to that email from your Ticketmaster account. They make it super easy / hands off when they sell.