Emergency Alert - EXTREME THREAT WTF

rage-a-holic

First thing I do with new phones is to turn off the emergency alerts. Fuck those middle of the night bullshit. So...I didn't get the bullshit alarm.

However, my wife does not turn off her alerts. I was still woken up by bullshit alarm.

I turned off emergency alerts on her phone.

We good now.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

You can turn that shit off.  Most of our phones did not blow up. 

i had my phone on silent + so not disturb and that stupid shit still BLASTED my eardrums at 4:52 am this morning. totally fucking stupid.

14 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

You can turn that shit off.  Most of our phones did not blow up. 

Most people want to know about "Extreme Threats to Life and Property". I want to know if zombies/werewolves/sleestaks have taken over South Austin. 

I don't need to hear about a rural LEO altercation 400+ miles away.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

i had my phone on silent + so not disturb and that stupid shit still BLASTED my eardrums at 4:52 am this morning. totally fucking stupid.

Yeah. That’s not how you turn it off. You gotta dig deeper in the settings. 

2 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I don't read that "FUCK THA POLICE!!!!!!!" thread. I don't hate cops, just fucktarded unnecessary emergency alerts.

What about the cops who send out these unnecessary alerts?

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

First thing I do with new phones is to turn off the emergency alerts. Fuck those middle of the night bullshit. So...I didn't get the bullshit alarm.

However, my wife does not turn off her alerts. I was still woken up by bullshit alarm.

I turned off emergency alerts on her phone.

We good now.

This. I didn’t get woken up bc I turned them off

No offense to them, but unless a kidnapped kid or a lost old person or a cop killer ends up in my gym or my HEB, I probably won’t ever see them 

for the record, not hating cops is like not hating ms13 or the sinaloa cartel. yes you are supposed to hate cops, as they are largest organized crime syndicate in america and an immediate threat to public safety everywhere they go. it’s not 1950 anymore, jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

when did everyone get the memo that having your phone on silent + dnd isn’t enough to block these dumbass alerts, and why are all of you being flippant and condescending instead of helpful?

About 10 years and 137 amber alerts ago.  And because you touch yourself.

But seriously dude it’s not that difficult, just type it into Google and it will lead the way. I don’t know that shit off the top of my head.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Derka said:

when did everyone get the memo that having your phone on silent + dnd isn’t enough to block these dumbass alerts, and why are all of you being flippant and condescending instead of helpful?

iPhone users: Open the “Settings” on your phone and tap on “Notifications.” Scroll to the bottom where you’ll see the heading, “Government Alerts.” Tap the toggle switch next to “Emergency Alerts” and “Public Safety Alerts” in order to disable Blue Alert messages on your phone.

Android users: Open “Settings,” then tap on “Apps & Notifications.” Select “Advanced,” then “Emergency Alerts” to turn off AMBER Alerts, Extreme Threat alerts, and Severe Threat alerts.

• Like 3

I was surprised by my phone blowing up this morning, because I have Amber alerts disabled.  This was technically a "blue" alert.

I would like to know if an F5 'nader is bearing down on me, so I don't want to silence that -- is weather an "Emergency" or "Public Safety" alert?

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If you are waiting for an alert to your phone to tell you your life and property are at risk then you are already dead.

You sound like one of those people who film tornadoes from their back porch as it barrels down upon them. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was surprised by my phone blowing up this morning, because I have Amber alerts disabled.  This was technically a "blue" alert.

I would like to know if an F5 'nader is bearing down on me, so I don't want to silence that -- is weather an "Emergency" or "Public Safety" alert?

Yeah I just wish these dumbass blue alerts had their own channel so I could turn them off and still get emergency alerts for actual emergencies like severe weather, chemical plant explosions, when the nukes fly, etc... guess I gotta email Tim Apple if I want that?

• Hook 'Em 2

Fortunately, I've had all the alerts turned off on my phones for the past few years.

Unfortunately, my old man "bladder alert" went off around 4:15 this morning, and I never got back to sleep.

I don't know if that's any comfort to you who lost sleep, but just know I'm in solidarity with you today.

42 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

How do we go about getting the cocksucker responsible for this fired?

Well, the Director of TXDPS is an appointee of the governor so…

30 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

This might be a dumb question but are silver and blue alerts named after colors because the person that coined them think Amber was a color instead of a person?

Silver and blue sound better than Grandpa and Pig alerts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

This might be a dumb question but are silver and blue alerts named after colors because the person that coined them think Amber was a color instead of a person?

I think amber is named after someone but I’m too lazy to look it up