Missouri at Agricultural & Mechanical - 11am on ABC

Pancho

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Mizzou barely beat a BC team that is about to get beat by a terrible UVA team. A&M is still shit until proven otherwise.

Sorry, that's a one way street. They feel they proved themselves by finding a way to win against Bowling Green whom they opined would be a mid-level SEC team.

56 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

aggy fans thinking playoff berth now. rollercoaster is in effect

They were thinking playoff way before this game. The legit think they’ll get into the SEC Championship game and get a playoff birth. The problem is their schedule sets it up for them to do that. They keep whining that the SEC gave Texas an easy ass schedule without first looking at their own easy ass conference schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I respect them more than most of y’all, credit where it is due, these officials weren’t that bad. 

Coupla misses big deal, what do you want 

More than zero isn’t hard I guess

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

They were thinking playoff way before this game. The legit think they’ll get into the SEC Championship game and get a playoff birth. The problem is their schedule sets it up for them to do that. They keep whining that the SEC gave Texas an easy ass schedule without first looking at their own easy ass conference schedule.

If they somehow make it to the SEC championship game, we're going to drag our sweaty nuts all over them. It'll be worse tham the aggy beat down. 

19 minutes ago, horn009 said:

Missouri should go back to the Big 12 if they ever want to contend for anything again. They don't recruit at the level that is needed to be a contender in the SEC. 

I hate to break it to you but so far this year and in 23 & 22 big 12 had a winning record vs the sec in head to head matchups and 21 I think it was tied.  Minus the top the sec sucks pretty bad this year and the past few years.  You could easily argue worse than the big 12 mid to low tier.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

I honestly don't know, but would like to know more. 

When the NFL first started, the refs kept time on a watch on the field so they were “warning” the teams they only had 2 minutes left in the game. the NFL adopted it as a rule in the 40s. When stadiums started getting clocks in them (around the 1960s?) the “2-minute warning” was no longer needed but teams argued it was a part of their game prep and wanted to keep it so they did.

College football decided that the 2 minutes wasn’t a “warning” rather it was just a timeout or stoppage in play so they didn’t want to use that language.

And no, the phrase “2 minute warning” is not trademarked by the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I hate to break it to you but so far this year and in 23 & 22 big 12 had a winning record vs the sec in head to head matchups and 21 I think it was tied.  Minus the top the sec sucks pretty bad this year and the past few years.  You could easily argue worse than the big 12 mid to low tier.  

Have you watched any Big 12 games this year? There are probably 7-8 SEC teams that would win the Big 12 this year. 

4 minutes ago, horn009 said:

Have you watched any Big 12 games this year? There are probably 7-8 SEC teams that would win the Big 12 this year. 

Oklahoma State beat Arkansas and Arizona State beat Mississippi State this year so far, that’s what I know….   Sec mid to low tier sucks ass my dude.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Oklahoma State beat Arkansas and Arizona State beat Mississippi State this year so far, that’s what I know….   Sec mid to low tier sucks ass my dude.  

That's why I said 7-8 SEC teams could win the Big 12 this year. I'm aware that there are bad SEC teams just like there are bad teams in every other conference. However, this is probably the weakest that the Big 12 has ever been. 

58 minutes ago, Pancho said:

When the NFL first started, the refs kept time on a watch on the field so they were “warning” the teams they only had 2 minutes left in the game. the NFL adopted it as a rule in the 40s. When stadiums started getting clocks in them (around the 1960s?) the “2-minute warning” was no longer needed but teams argued it was a part of their game prep and wanted to keep it so they did.

College football decided that the 2 minutes wasn’t a “warning” rather it was just a timeout or stoppage in play so they didn’t want to use that language.

And no, the phrase “2 minute warning” is not trademarked by the NFL.

Thanks for the info.

Missouri isn’t very good, but A&M looked pretty solid. Elko has them performing to a standard so far, unlike Jimbo who chronically underachieved. And he’s doing it with a lot of talent gaps. 

They’ve got losses ahead of them, but they can complete the season with some level of dignity, unlike Jimbo teams. Aggie fans should be encouraged. If they continue to recruit well, it’s a program with potential. It’s too bad their fans are a bunch of rubes. And I almost always over-estimate what they will/can do, so I’m sure they will revert to form. 

14 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yeah. And look at Bama after yesterday.  TN?  Pokes handled Arky and they’re ass in the 12.  SEC is fun but the truth is it’s a lot of hype by the media etc.  

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah. And look at Bama after yesterday.  TN?  Pokes handled Arky and they’re ass in the 12.  SEC is fun but the truth is it’s a lot of hype by the media etc.  

“Handled” doing a lot of work there. Arkansas beat Oklahoma State’s ass up and down the field and then fucked it away like Arkansas tends to do. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

“Handled” doing a lot of work there. Arkansas beat Oklahoma State’s ass up and down the field and then fucked it away like Arkansas tends to do. 

Handled as in won.  That’s plenty.  Plenty of other examples over last few years too.  Of course the SEC didn’t wanna be there in most of those.  Hell aggy and Miz have faired about the same in the mighty SEC as they did in the big 12.  If you wanna buy the hype, go ahead.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Handled as in won.  That’s plenty.  Plenty of other examples over last few years too.  Of course the SEC didn’t wanna be there in most of those.  Hell aggy and Miz have faired about the same in the mighty SEC as they did in the big 12.  If you wanna buy the hype, go ahead.  

Yeah, they won. Well, Arkansas lost. Just like they’d have lost last night if they’d turned it over three times. 

They had 650 yards and Piggied it up. 

I didn’t say I bought the hype. I said Oklahoma State didn’t “handle” anything. They got worked and Arkansas gave it away. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, they won. Well, Arkansas lost. Just like they’d have lost last night if they’d turned it over three times. 

They had 650 yards and Piggied it up. 

I didn’t say I bought the hype. I said Oklahoma State didn’t “handle” anything. They got worked and Arkansas gave it away. 

Would have could have should have.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I’ll type more slowly for you. 

Did Oklahoma State win? Yes.

Did Oklahoma State “handle” Arkansas? No.

‘Handled’ their business doesn't necessarily mean rolling someone, dipshit.  
But tell me more about how piggy would have been piggy…but they weren’t.  lol 

‘Handled’ their business doesn't necessarily mean rolling someone, dipshit.  
But tell me more about how piggy would have been piggy…but they weren’t.  lol 

Does “handling” someone mean getting outgained 650-400 and relying on the other guys fucking up? It’s certainly a take. 

Fuck, man, read. I said the pigs were the pigs. That’s why they gacked it away. I didn’t say they weren’t. JFC.

Edited by Doc Daneeka

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Does “handling” someone mean getting outgained 650-400 and relying on the other guys fucking up? It’s certainly a take. 

Sorry Doc.  Maybe you can look up where handling must mean beating the shit out of?  

IMG_7737.png

Well, I graduated from OU.  So there’s that.  Love how you handled this argument.  

I didn’t change the argument. Words have different meanings in different contexts. Typically, “handling” in the context of competition is “beating someone’s ass.”

But I handled it without calling names like a ten year old, so there’s that  

If you mean it simply as “win,” so be it. But that’s why I said “handled” was doing a lot of work. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I didn’t change the argument. Words have different meanings in different contexts. Typically, “handling” in the context of competition is “beating someone’s ass.”

But I handled it without calling names like a ten year old, so there’s that  

If you mean it simply as “win,” so be it. But that’s why I said “handled” was doing a lot of work. 

Just wanted to argue, and I do my name calling here so I'm not as big an insufferable prick in real life.  Apologies.