2024 ALDS thread; Det at Cle & KC at NYY

Citing a chance of inclement weather, Major League Baseball moved the start time of Saturday's decisive Game 5 of the AL Division Series between Detroit and Cleveland from 8:08 p.m. ET to 1:08 p.m. ET.

The change was announced Friday as the Tigers were going through a workout at Progressive Field.

Cleveland evened the back-and-forth series by rallying to win Game 4 on Thursday night. Pinch-hitter David Fry's two-run homer in the seventh inning helped the AL Central champions avoid elimination.

While the seven-hour switch could be inconvenient to some, it will allow Ohio State and Guardians fans to avoid having to switch between the baseball broadcast and the No. 2-ranked Buckeyes' game at No. 3 Oregon, which starts at 7:30 p.m. ET. 

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lol. I’m praying it’s the tigers. They have Skubal and 25 nobodies. They only beat Houston because the Astros fucking suck. The Guardians on the other hand are a scary team.

You'll be worried no matter who it is because the team you bandwagon hasn't won a pennant in 15 years.

18 hours ago, Scraps said:

The worst NL team left is better than any AL team left.

I think that Yankees team is pretty damn good, tbh. They've cruised through without getting much from Judge so far. 

LAD looks like the team to beat. Which was kind of what I felt going into the postseason. 

On 10/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, David Dennison said:

It would be funny to watch A.J. Hinch end another Yankee season.

Fuck AJ Hinch but quintuple fuck the Yankees.

Dear 8lb 6oz Jesus please let the Indians finally end their curse.

Do it for Bob Feller.

Edited by Pimphand