2024 NLDS thread; Mets at Phillies & Padres at Dodgers

Teoscar was an unbelievable signing by Friedman in the offseason.  It was a completely off the radar signing.  And he's been unreal.  He was an All Star, and instead of wilting in the 2nd half, he's kept it up.   He's gonna get paaaaaaiiiiid in the offseason.  I'm afraid it won't be by us.  We have a lot of high priced players already.  We'll see what Guggenheim has an appetite for.

16 minutes ago, WBT said:

bunch of greenspoints in this thread

Helobious says hold my beer

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Is that personal?  I think he’s pretty insightful.

We don't need 'Baseball 101' every possible second of the broadcast. There's 'insightful', and then there's just never, ever shutting the fuck up & just letting us enjoy the game. Dude makes my fucking ears bleed.

• Drool 1

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Padres fans turned out tonight.  It's a fucking BEAUTIFUL night in San Diego.  What a joy it must be to be there.  Too bad I was too cheap to pull the trigger. 

My wife went. I drew the short end of the stick and had to make sure our kids didn't die (after chilling in one on the stadium connected hotel pools all afternoon), but, by all accounts, it was insane.

44 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

My wife went. I drew the short end of the stick and had to make sure our kids didn't die (after chilling in one on the stadium connected hotel pools all afternoon), but, by all accounts, it was insane.

I'd love to hear which hotel and a quick review.  I didn't love the Omni. 

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'd love to hear which hotel and a quick review.  I didn't love the Omni. 

It was the Omni, indeed. Didn't stay there other than to enjoy the pool. Just meeting some out of town friends. They valet'd my car for $20 as a "guest" rather than the $100 they were charging everyone else, so I can't complain too much.