Crimson Tide (#1 lolol) @ Commodores on SEC Network

blacklab

1 minute ago, Butch Had Not said:

Siap but why was a state trooper chatting with Williams in the final minutes? I was on mute.

They didn’t say, but I assume it’s because everyone and their mom knew Vandy was going to rush the field and they wanted to make sure they got him out of there as soon as they could to prevent any possible incidents with their star players.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Hey, me too! I didn’t know there was another one on Surly 🤘🏼

+1.  When I was in school, the majority of season ticket holders were Alabama fans who bought the season tickets because it was cheaper than the single game for UA/Vandy.

• Haha 5

Vandy is clearly a solid team, but Saban never had a loss like this once he got going. The aggy/Ole Miss teams that beat him at least had some elite talent. This feels the end of an era. Not saying Bama will suck from now on, but they aren't going to dominate CFB like they once did. You don't replace Saban.

Deboer was like this all last year in the pac 12 but winning on miracles. I felt like it was gonna end but hard to say that with his record since he rarely loses. Hell he did it last year with Texas. Washington played lights out against us and still almost lost. He reminds me of turtle Tom but actually wins.
aggy will lose to LSU and Gamecock before we get them.
Come on now.

Does usce have their qb back?
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

There are no easy outs.

no-no-point.gif

8 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

the bama forum is full of people blaming NIL and paying players for creating a soft culture 

it's glorious 

irony is dead

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

They didn’t say, but I assume it’s because everyone and their mom knew Vandy was going to rush the field and they wanted to make sure they got him out of there as soon as they could to prevent any possible incidents with their star players.

Good point. I thought it was fucked up he was talking to Milroe at that time but yeah, turns out he may have had a good reason. 

12 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

There are no easy outs.

Let’s be real, there were no easy outs in the B12 the last several years and there wasn’t even much glory in winning the B12 - we were SUPPOSED to. Outside of OU, there were only a couple opponents that could boost our resume most years and they were household names like *checks notes* Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas Christian. I’m so fucking glad we’re in the SEC now 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I'm no bitch.  I'm taking the loss, as painful as it is.  If I had a hat, I'd tip it to Vandy, with a 17th century flourish, their coaches, players, students, band, fans, all.  We are 4-1, headed God knows where.  AS the old school boys used to preach, "Back to fundamentals!"  Eye discipline, poise, intensity, focus, no out of bounds shit, no classless kicking the ball as the better team take a knee shit, no throwing into coverage on the first fucking play of the game shit, no failure to get a single three and out shit.  Fuck, guys, try to put together two consecutive plays in which we don't fuck up!

Last year I watched with Mr. Burns-rubbing-his-hands-together-murmuring-"Excellent!" glee as Diego Pavia and NM St humiliated Alldumb in Possum Hair Stadium.  Karma's the bitch to all gloaters.  Then, in the off season doldrums, I saw where Pavia had transferred to Vandy.  Hmmm, good for Vandy, said I.  Then I checked our schedule and saw this game.  All I said was, "Oh, Shit!" I've said it every week since then as I watched our wafer-thin, no tackling defense give up extended drives to the likes of Western Kentucky and USF and damn near blow a 30-3 lead to Georgia.  After Georgie, I was thinking somewhere in my lizard brain that, SURELY WE ARE PREPARING FOR PAVIA AND HIS HOUDINI RUNNING GAME. 

Right?  Wrong. Unless something changes drastically team-wide, my guys will do well to have a winning season in conference.  I'm not getting on Kalen DeBoer unless this crap carries over to next year.  The Tide goes out on a regular basis nut it always comes back in.  Hook 'em if they can't take a joke.  I strongly recommend the Horns defensive brain trust study that nasty tape from yesterday.  Try some run blitzes or something.  Don't be a catch and release defense.  Vandy plays at Kentucky this week.  Watch UK beat the shit out of them.  Never give up, Joe.  Bama's puck and girt have writ her name in Crimson Flame.  Well, get to writing, you NIL prima donnas.

What+makes+a+good+rant.jpg

rock-clapping.gif

• Hook 'Em 7

54 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Who would by season tickets for one game?

I did it when I lived in KC, bought the KU season tickets in 04, & 08.  if I remember right the season tix in 04 were $55 and $70 in 08.   while the UT ticket alone was $60 in 04 and $75-80 in 08

sold the entire other pairs of tix for the rest of the year on Craigslist for $40 total.     got my locked in ticket for cheap.

only problem is even after blocking them I still get KU athletic emails offering me tickets every fucking year. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, B00M said:

Let’s be real, there were no easy outs in the B12 the last several years and there wasn’t even much glory in winning the B12 - we were SUPPOSED to. Outside of OU, there were only a couple opponents that could boost our resume most years and they were household names like *checks notes* Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Texas Christian. I’m so fucking glad we’re in the SEC now 

Star Trek Kirk GIF

No no no.

The SEC is glad we're in it.

WE do not give a fuck.

Big XII, B1G, ACC, SEC, WAC, Independent, C-USA... it don't make a shit what conference we're in.

• Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

.  Never give up, Joe.  Bama's puck and girt have writ her name in Crimson Flame.  Well, get to writing, you NIL prima donnas.

Puck and girt, pluck ang grit, fuck and shit, just put it in the old Crimson Flamethrower and fire away.  Anything but that walking dead shit we ran put there against Vanderbilt.  Before October 19th, the Tennesee Department of Environmental Management will likely file for a permanent injunction against Alabama playing football in that state, now with a second river in two years polluted with post-Bama celebrations’ dismembered goal posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

I have no doubt at all. Tennessee has some smoke shows 

I still remember when Pretty Miss Norma Jean left the Porter Wagoner show, and then Porter introduced her replacement... cute little teenager name of Dolly Something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Losing to Vanderbilt for the first time since 1984 is amazing.

Losing as #1 to Vanderbilt is even more amazing.

The capstone however was losing to Vanderbilt as #1 and never once leading for a single second in the entire game.

such-a-thing-possible.gif.178989112cec3f382da7531907054314.gif

That's a trifecta of suck the gumps achieved last night.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5