Tennessee @ Arkansas - ABC (NOT CBS)

ztejas

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

He fucking ran out of bounds with the ball

😂😂😂😂😂😂

IIRC, the same thing happened when the Vols lost to Ole Miss in the mustard game a couple of years ago.  QB either ran out of bounds or threw it out of bounds on the last 4th down play.

Just now, ScottS said:

Louisville was #22 before getting spanked by the ponies.

1,4,9,10,11 and 22. 

Oh and 8 is in a struggle too. Wow. 

how many times have potentially 5 of the top 10 lose on the same day?  Only on conference championship days or bowl games maybe? 

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

IIRC, the same thing happened when the Vols lost to Ole Miss in the mustard game a couple of years ago.  QB either ran out of bounds or threw it out of bounds on the last 4th down play.

Yep.  Go to 5:50.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm pretty sure he threw it out of bounds or somewhere uncatchable.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Quite a few but not many big names

Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, Miami, Army, Navy, Pitt, Indiana off the top of my head

Indiana is now bowl eligible.  Even the most hardcore college football fan probably did not have the Hoosiers being the first bowl eligible team this season.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Sec really does suck this year overall 100% and we should beat everyone…. But I’m afraid of playing down to some of these backwoods teams and having a let down loss because of our history.   

Battered fan syndrome.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Quite a few but not many big names

Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, Miami, Army, Navy, Pitt, Indiana off the top of my head

Penn State, BYU, Iowa State

• Hook 'Em 2

Just a perfect 2 weeks for Texas. Kentucky, Vandy, and Arkansas got their one major upset win out of the way now. Just going by odds, that is unlikely to happen again so we should be fine in those upcoming games.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Juke_Em said:

Just a perfect 2 weeks for Texas. Kentucky, Vandy, and Arkansas got their one major upset win out of the way now. Just going by odds, that is unlikely to happen again so we should be fine in those upcoming games.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIFYeah that’s a good fucking point.  And put guys saw it happen. They should be on the look out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

image.gif.6aedbcb50415a3597efb482e80e9feb9.gif

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Sec really does suck this year overall 100% and we should beat everyone…. But I’m afraid of playing down to some of these backwoods teams and having a let down loss because of our history.   

The 2024 Texas locker room doesn’t give a shit/have any skeletons about “a let down loss because of our history”

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I am not excited to play Arkansas in Fayetnam in Nov

not worried long term at all.  gonna be like the old SWC with OU, aggy, pig except we can buy players with impunity now

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I am not excited to play Arkansas in Fayetnam in Nov

Sark is. You don’t think he was fucking embarrassed last time and remembers hearing about how much he underestimated the hate between these teams? He’s going to stomp on their throats.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Vols need Tony Jones.

27 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Tony Jones flashbacks for the piggies?

For the youngsters, here's Tony Jones game winning play...  🤘

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

For the youngsters, here's Tony Jones game winning play...  🤘

I was listening to this game on the radio in Simkins dorm. Needless to say that the whole place erupted after this play. One of my friends actually went to that game. When he and some of his colleagues celebrated amongst themselves, some female Arkansas fan just went up to him and spat in his face.  To any Longhorn fan going up there, always be careful  Arkansas fans are not normal.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

I was listening to this game on the radio in Simkins dorm. Needless to say that the whole place erupted after this play. One of my friends actually went to that game. When he and some of his colleagues celebrated amongst themselves, some female Arkansas fan just went up to him and spat in his face.  To any Longhorn fan going up there, always be careful  Arkansas fans are not normal.

True, but it is such a fun place to win. Beautiful setting and nice stadium with hostile fans. 

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

That sounds like a young Lee Corso on the call.

You are correct.  Mike Patrick and Lee Corso were the announcers for the game.

I think we all forget that before they became what they are now, both Corso and Vitale could actually do Xs and Os effectively in their respective sports.

If one want to watch the 1987 arky game, a LHN broadcast (edited for time) has been uploaded.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, RC Horn said:

I was listening while driving back to my dorm from my grandmother's funeral in New Braunfels.  Almost drove off 35 in celebration (not about Oma passing on, but about the play, even we Germans aren't that cold).

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

And a lot of people here were bitching about a shitty college football weekend slate of games during the real UT's bye.

HAH!

Bunch of soft B I T C H E S on this board 

😍

1728186860936673-sp.png

• Haha 2