Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

It was a bye week for us, so I went camping and fishing on the Nueces.  Glad to be home to comfortable bed and recliner.  I see nothin' has changed ou still sucks.  Same as it ever was and ever will be. 

Give 'em hell, Horns!

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We’ve been on the bad side of that the last 15 years or so as we’ve wandered the desert. No more. 

It's been a lot longer than 15 years.  Fucking mack.  Sark needs to go on a nice long run to put the all-time series numbers closer to where they need to be.  Losing last year with a superior team was concerning.

• Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

33-13 horns. Closer than it looks. At least one Sooner is decleated and doesn’t return to the game. Blue is redeemed with a huge day. 

Yeah, I think this is gonna look pretty comparable to the Michigan game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

A lot of fucking posts this past week overlooking OU with stuff like “Let’s hate on Georgia” or “what time will the Georgia game be…”

Get focused, Shaggy. This game is always unpredictable.

We don't play. We're fans.

• Hook 'Em 3

I expect OU to have an offensive strategy similar to many of the others we have faced thus far.  Run the ball, try to muddy it up see if we can make some mistakes that gets the ball rolling for them.  We need to come out and do unto them what they have done to us so much the last couple decades and blow them out before things ever really get started.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn’t go so great for us last year. In this game I’d rather start on D.

I think a lot of people are going to find out this isn’t last year, though. 

Sarkisian made the decision in Ann Arbor based on the weather and a possible 4th quarter field goal attempt, so his decision will have some thought put into it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I always wonder why we don't have more pump fakes in our offense. For the number of WR screens we play, a few pump fakes would both keep the DBs from jumping and potentially lead to long YACs.

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably the second most accomplished (or 3rd behind Bama and maybe the Domers) in Oklahoma.

Wouldn't put them above tOSU and they are basically on par with SC.

3 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

this year, I have to miss again due to some morons not knowing how to schedule a fucking wedding in this state.

I bet they would learn their lesson if no one showed up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I’ll say this:

the last time I was turbofucked out of attending this game was in 2022, when a last minute work trip bungled my plans. The result was me watching the 49-0 destruction on my phone and holding a cold pack to my turgid member to release the 3-hr erection. 

last year I was there in my seats, and we know how that went down. 

this year, I have to miss again due to some morons not knowing how to schedule a fucking wedding in this state. So if we do happen to beat the fuck out of OU again, my superstitious side would have me considering if I should attend a RRS again. 

thank you for your sacrifice

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is probably the weakest OU OL in what seems like 10-15 years. Last year, the inability to get to Gabriel really caused issues as did Ewers initial turnovers. 

as with almost every game, the OL and DL play will dictate what happens. 

also, funk Stutsman. 

I bought vip tickets to Cosm in LA to watch this on the dome. I have no idea what to think. Like last year we should mudhole them.  They don’t have a QB worth a shit. Our offense will pummel. We need the defense to show zero mercy 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I bought vip tickets to Cosm in LA to watch this on the dome. I have no idea what to think. Like last year we should mudhole them.  They don’t have a QB worth a shit. Our offense will pummel. We need the defense to show zero mercy 

Please post pics and videos here. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Please post pics and videos here. 

Definitely; those places look badass…

• Hook 'Em 1