Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

LOL.  Mobilehoma knows what's up.  I was just checking ticket prices and noticed that some were as low as $380.  Turns out just about any ticket on the OU side is listed at about 60% of the cost of a similar ticket on the TX side.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

LOL.  Mobilehoma knows what's up.  I was just checking ticket prices and noticed that some were as low as $380.  Turns out just about any ticket on the OU side is listed at about 60% of the cost of a similar ticket on the TX side.

It's 2005 all over again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This is the same to some extent every single year.  They are poor.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Foosters said:

Did you actually get a seat inside the dome? I looked into tix last week and only had standing room only available. Same for the Georgia game on the 19th.

I sure did. There weren’t many left when I bought. They were 255.00 for a pair. Hoping it’s legit 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm not sure that movie has the cultural staying power a lot of Gen X seems to think it has.

1) that movie was for millennials 

2) if I told you there was a movie about Texas high school football that was equal parts Porky’s and Hoosiers, would you not be intrigued?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

2) if I told you there was a movie about Texas high school football that was equal parts Porky’s and Hoosiers, would you not be intrigued?

I'm a millenial and I was 9 when it came out. So I guess just elder Millenials? 

Yeah sounds fun, I'll put it on the list. The world needs high quality low stakes comedies.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I don't think a rated R movie that came out when virtually every millennial was under 17 is a movie made for millennials.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm sorry for posting about my daughter going to Oregon, and I'll try to post less about my daughter going to Oregon.  Did I tell you my daughter's at Oregon?
And no pics, so I'll GTFO.

I had no idea your daughter goes to Oregon. Well at least today it’s the first I’ve heard about it.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm a millenial and I was 9 when it came out. So I guess just elder Millenials? 

Yeah sounds fun, I'll put it on the list. The world needs high quality low stakes comedies.

The stakes couldn’t be higher. 

9 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

We cannot turn the fucking ball over like last game.

If we win the TO battle, we win. Let’s do that. 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The Texas creative media team have made so many great videos, but this is still the leader. Cinema.

Love this video but that video cuts off about 15-20 seconds short. Fuck this is my first year in 14 I won’t be there. Nothing like it, but watch this season with my parents is a gift I’d like to complete. TEXASmotherfuckingFIGHT! Fuck OU and let’s clear out those Sooner seats early. ALL GAS, putas! You gon’ learn today. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 3

Livin' in Stutsman's head 24/7  🤘

Screenshot_20241008-055731_kindlephoto-1401629.thumb.png.71485feaaaa3fb02e4ac0a399a227705.png

One year ago, the Texas LonghornsOne dropped a heartbreaking 34-30 loss to their arch-rival Oklahoma Sooners in Dallas.

Following that game, Oklahoma linebacker Danny Stutsman and his head coach Brent Venables were photographed wearing t-shirts with the senior linebacker smoking a cigar, flashing a 'horns down' and wearing the Golden Hat trophy atop his head.

On the back of those shirts read “Oklahoma only fears God. Texas fears Oklahoma.”

Now, heading into Red River Rivalry week, the Stutsman jab was of course a topic of conversation from the media.

According to Longhorns safety Michael Taaffe, the Longhorns have not forgotten the stunt. However, their motivation for the rivalry runs far deeper than a simple prank from a rival player.

"Yeah, it's a new season. We got a whole new team. I'm not too focused on what they did last year," Taaffe said. "We remember. I specifically remember everything. I don't forget. But we're so focused on us right now that nobody talks about it. We're so focused on what we did in practice today. How can we get better in the game plan today? Because OU deserves our full attention."

As a matter of fact, Stutsman feels the same way.

Just this summer at SEC Media Days, Stutsman revealed that not only does he go to bed thinking about the rivalry, but he even got a real Longhorn tattoo.

"When I go to bed, I think about Texas and that game. It is what it is... I know what that game means to myself and every single Sooner fan," Stutsman said. "I have a Longhorn tattooed on my body... Like it means that much to me. You go to bed thinking about how big of a deal it is. You look at every single person in the state of Oklahoma, every single person in the state of Texas, and you know how much it means to them.”

Meanwhile, for Taaffe, the game is equally as special.

Over the last three years, he has been a part of two heartbreaking losses to the Sooners, as well as one dominant win. As a result, the desire to take down the Sooners is obviously going to be hard to ignore.

But as honored as he is to have the opportunity to play in arguably the best rivalry in the sports, playing his best for his teammates and his program take priority over any individual opponent on the schedule.

"The memories of my last three years have been special," Taaffe said. "This rivalry, this game is really special. It's no different than any other game, but just being a Longhorn fan, growing up bleeding burnt orange... I always tell you all that this team matters more to me than anything else. More than individual accolades. This team matters so much to me. I'm willing to die for this team. I do everything for this team, and so just getting to play games like this is truly an honor to me."

The Longhorns and Sooners, led by Taaffe and Stutsman will face off at 2:30 on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 3

So in the past there have always been surprise plays/strategies and also unheralded players breakout in this game. 

Any chance blOU tries to use a package of plays with Casey Thompson at QB ???  

Or, some type of option offense that blOU hasn't shown yet this season ???

Edited by LTtxfan

22 hours ago, Tex Long said:

But no one will remember him, so the point stands.

Bull shit. He'll be stealing loochie's thunder in a few years.

Edited by EastTexan
in reference to the aggy kid .

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

I don't think a rated R movie that came out when virtually every millennial was under 17 is a movie made for millennials.

I’m a millennial and was roughly the same age as those characters when the movie came out. But movies have a much longer cultural shelf life than that. Anyone who was in their “raunchy comedy” phase between 1999 and 2009 was the target audience. 

and with that comment, I am going to step off this particular tangent and save my thoughts for the movie board. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Codaxx said:

He definitely got a shit sandwich of no OL and no WRs. Just a terrible situation to develop a QB. Looked like Texas for years 

Right?

Bad offensive scheme plus not good OL plus not good skill position players makes it very hard for a qb to develop at all.

And their (current) offensive scheme (current) and coaching staff is going to make it hard to recruit top tier QBs to OU until a change is made.

26 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It’s kind of cool how a guy can basically become legendary because of one play. Any play. Richard Peavey comes to mind, also. 

25 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Bubba Jacques would like a word 

Lendy Holmes...

• Haha 2

How good Arch has been in every adjusted metric across the board is why I'm so confident going into this game.

Arch is GOOD but he's not better than Ewers in this offense today.

The Sark offense is going to throttle those Okie fucks on Saturday.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

There is no scenario outside of a gun to my daughter’s head that would have me getting an OU tattoo. JFC.

He never mentions that it's upside down.  I don't know that first hand, but I guarantee you it is.