Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

34 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

one thing for certain

DO NOT FUCKING TAKE POINTS OFF THE BOARD EVAR AGAIN

that is all

I mean, probably in the same situation.  If it would have been a first down, you definitely take the points off the board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Checking in at 4-8 here. 4-9 if you count the 2018 Big 12 championship game.

It's not a voodoo thing I just started at UT in 2010.

If it makes you feel better, I started in 2000. My record is... somewhat worse. Some of those losses in the early 2000s had me questioning my entire life 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I mean, probably in the same situation.  If it would have been a first down, you definitely take the points off the board.

Definitely. Probably.

What I thought at the time - and haven't changed my mind in the meantime - was "for a 1st and obviously already in FG range, duh." Fourth and shorter, keep the points unless it's late game and we really need that extra few points or don't need 'em at all.

I am anxious to see the horns come out aggressive and focused.  Want the days of Mack Brown's "it's like playing your best friend" soft serve to be cleansed with us cracking some helmets.

I never understood that type of mentality. Yeah, you can play like it’s your best friend. I wanted to destroy my friends at everything so I could talk shit. Not take it easy on them.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

I never understood that type of mentality. Yeah, you can play like it’s your best friend. I wanted to destroy my friends at everything so I could talk shit. Not take it easy on them.

Right?

The first time I played baseball against my best friend, my first at bat he hit me in the elbow because I was crowding the plate. Third at bat, I hit a three run homer. Dumb bitch acting like I hadn’t seen him throw a knuckle curve 1000 times in his backyard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Because we aren’t friends with them. They can’t sit with us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

If that happens, there's only one way forward. 

If that many kids happen, he ain't going in through the back, that's for sure ... 😏  😏  😏 

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

one thing for certain

DO NOT FUCKING TAKE POINTS OFF THE BOARD EVAR AGAIN

that is all

right there with you. was just infuriating. F the analytics and all that. it was still 4th down and you hit a FG off the upright. you don't fuck with the football gods like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Looks like the game will be in 4K, at least on YouTube TV if you've got the 4K add-on.

image.png.1038ecb557c87a7b475dc2cecf922bc1.png

Does YouTube TV 4k look crazy dim to anyone else's tv?   I always end up switching back to regular HD.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Right?

The first time I played baseball against my best friend, my first at bat he hit me in the elbow because I was crowding the plate. Third at bat, I hit a three run homer. Dumb bitch acting like I hadn’t seen him throw a knuckle curve 1000 times in his backyard. 

Very similar experience, only my best friend threw 95 and got drafted by the Phillies.  Hurt like hell and I only got a single later.  

4 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Very similar experience, only my best friend threw 95 and got drafted by the Phillies.  Hurt like hell and I only got a single later.  

At the time, he topped out around 91-92 but lost a lot of control, which is why there were two men on base. 

The last person I wanted to lose to was a friend. Those jackasses were always around. Enemies left after the game. 

I’m just ready to be there to see Texas roll these clowns. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

Does YouTube TV 4k look crazy dim to anyone else's tv?   I always end up switching back to regular HD.

Sometimes it's dim but that's just because the broadcast is broken and it works again shortly afterwards.

But another reason for being dim is if it's broadcast in HDR but your TV doesn't support HDR.  

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Definitely. Probably.

What I thought at the time - and haven't changed my mind in the meantime - was "for a 1st and obviously already in FG range, duh." Fourth and shorter, keep the points unless it's late game and we really need that extra few points or don't need 'em at all.

if you need 6, 7 or 8, why are you kicking in the first place?

2 hours ago, staboner said:

right there with you. was just infuriating. F the analytics and all that. it was still 4th down and you hit a FG off the upright. you don't fuck with the football gods like that. 

thermensa had SEVEN downs inside the 3 against LSU

on the EIGHTH DOWN you TAKE THE FUCKING POINTS

if he had, we beat corndog

• Rage+1 3

All the national talk by the “media” about the OSU and Bama’s true freshman WRs has been to an extreme, which they’ve both provided highlight reel plays. Our very own Wingo is about to be showcased in this upcoming OU game, so add him to that list of great true freshman WRs!

IMO - Sark has been waiting until these next two games to unleash the Wingo we have!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

thermensa had SEVEN downs inside the 3 against LSU

on the EIGHTH DOWN you TAKE THE FUCKING POINTS

if he had, we beat corndog

Keontay Ingram also dropped a wide-open touchdown pass. 

4 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Yes- it looks awful. I have an Apple TV 4K on a new LG plasma. The Georgia-Clemson opener was particularly terrible- almost pastel colors or something. Cancelled 4K package after the Georgia-Bama game looked like shit.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

Saturday will be my first time attending this game since they got rid of the physical game tickets, which used to have a separate stub for admission to the Fair.  The electronic ticket doesn't say anything about Fair admission on it. 

Do they scan your game ticket twice, once at the Fair entrance and again when you enter the stadium?

• Hook 'Em 1

13-19-1 in my lifetime. Need to flip the script and this is the weekend to start that process. With NIL and the transfer portal I'm hoping we can start beating the gooners 3 or 4 times in a row like they've done to us. If not for the late collapses we should have won last year and in 2021. Shit the last time we beat them 3 straight was the 90s. That's frustrating and infuriating. 

• Rage+1 4