Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

Think you can only transfer them once?

Well shit. Appears we may have fucked up then. Did it last year with no issue. Really only need to get them in the main fair gate as we plan to meet up well before the game. I know screenshots won’t get them into the game, but I wonder if screenshots can get past the scanners at the main fair gate
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Well shit. Appears we may have fucked up then. Did it last year with no issue. Really only need to get them in the main fair gate as we plan to meet up well before the game. I know screenshots won’t get them into the game, but I wonder if screenshots can get past the scanners at the main fair gate

I have never seen them scan at the Fair gate. They may ask them to show it. A screen shot would be fine. I’m guessing a screen shot will also work getting into the stadium. 

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I have never seen them scan at the Fair gate. They may ask them to show it. A screen shot would be fine. I’m guessing a screen shot will also work getting into the stadium. 

It’s worth a shot, then if not try the old $100 handshake.

It’s worth a shot, then if not try the old $100 handshake.

Considering it’s $25 entry fee, I’ll try the $50 handshake if the screenshot doesn’t work lol

Now I remember they just wanted to see them. That’s what we’ll go with
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Considering it’s $25 entry fee, I’ll try the $50 handshake if the screenshot doesn’t work lol
Now I remember they just wanted to see them. That’s what we’ll go with

I’m talking about getting into the game.

40 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

You can definitely transfer them more than once.  I've done it this year myself with no issues.  I don't know why it is messed up for you, but it isn't because they can only be transferred once.

You can definitely transfer them more than once.  I've done it this year myself with no issues.  I don't know why it is messed up for you, but it isn't because they can only be transferred once.

Ok, so how did you do it the second time? First time we went thru the app and it sent them to my Apple wallet. When I go to my Apple wallet there isn’t an option to transfer them unless I’m missing something

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

Ok, so how did you do it the second time? First time we went thru the app and it sent them to my Apple wallet. When I go to my Apple wallet there isn’t an option to transfer them unless I’m missing something

don't transfer from Apple wallet.  Do the second transfer from the app - the tickets should still be there even after you sent them to your Apple wallet.

On 10/8/2024 at 11:14 AM, Tex Pete said:

Graduation year in your username checks out.

My first one was 1983. Missed 1989. I have no idea why.  Sat around a radio with friends in SA and listened because OU was on probation. No live TV.  Haven’t missed since. 

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

Game watching in Houston? What bars?

Haven't gone all the way through the thread yet, so don't know if this was already mentioned, but I watched at Little Woodrow's in Midtown last year and it was the Texas Ex watch party 

Is the Commerce Street rumble still a thing?

The only time I participated, a buddy and I shared a room in an aged high rise hotel. The room overlooked Commerce and I could see the flying horse from there. Anyway, we went down to the street and drank and yelled at sooners and vice versa but it was fairly civil.

The game was a rainy one. Our seats were lower level near the fifty but on the sooner side. 

The sooners behind us loaned us a plastic shower curtain liner we pulled over our heads. Of course it ended in a tie. 

Forty freaking years ago.  

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Watched this last night. 100% must see. Jeremy Hills, Rod Babers, Fozzy Whitaker, Derrick Johnson, Alex Okafor. (I saw Jeremy & Fozzy play in HS, as Texas commits).  

Key is handling emotional swings.

What makes this game unique? Jeremy Hills at the 8:30 mark, "Standing in the tunnel together, see guys you played with and against, in high school and in youth football. "I know you... you're not like that ...I've been knowing you since we were 10 ... l know your mom ... it's personal..."    

Gerry said the OU insiders are certain that Burks will be out which leaves them with 1 WR with at least 5 catches. 

Interesting that Hawkins is only averaging 0.2 more YPC than Arnold did (3.6 vs. 3.4).

Ewers should have success against the depleted OU secondary missing its best corner and nickel.  

OU is Michigan with less talented RBs and without a shutdown corner.

• Hook 'Em 6

36 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Yep.  I've never seen anything like the momentum swings that can take place inside the Cotton Bowl.   It's what makes the game great. 

• Hook 'Em 5

38 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

And with a worse offensive line. But I do think Hawkins is still better at QB than anything Michigan has trotted out there so far.

Fair.   I only give OU the advantage at QB and Safety.  LB and DE are probably a push.

danny didn't fact check

Neutral Sites - The squad size limit for neutral site games (no more than one game annually) is 74 travel-eligible student-athletes for both participating teams. A studentathlete who has suffered a season ending injury and will no longer participate may travel without counting towards the participating team’s limit.

page 22

SEC 2024-2025 Commissioner's Regulations for Football

https://www.secsports.com/regs-football

(note: the use of bold to add emphasis is TM CTJ 2024)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not sure any 9.95ers are talking about it, but helmet communication could be a big positive for Texas. Venables has reputations one of the best sign stealers in the country

Could be a big positive for them with Venables being able to be in Stutsman’s ear.

Could be a big positive for Texas with Sarkisian being able to do the same with Ewers. 

Most likely, it’s probably about a wash and Texas wins big by protecting the football. 

11 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not sure any 9.95ers are talking about it, but helmet communication could be a big positive for Texas. Venables has reputations one of the best sign stealers in the country

Helmet communication may help some, but other signals are still vulnerable...

This year, several teams are still using stuff (see below) in hopes of reducing sign stealing...

image.png.958a2daf10c5e2192ea55700ce5ffd3b.png

Edited by LTtxfan
I suck editing

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Could be a big positive for them with Venables being able to be in Stutsman’s ear.

Could be a big positive for Texas with Sarkisian being able to do the same with Ewers. 

Most likely, it’s probably about a wash and Texas wins big by protecting the football. 

I think that is the 9.95er answer, because they wont come out say Venables is a known sign stealer. He was hated in the ACC for it. Offensively, you only have part of the field where you have to worry about hearing the comms. Perhaps I have my tinfoil hat on, but I feel better about the game knowing Venables scumbaggary is going to be limited. 

The only thing I am concerned with is that we have not really faced a qb who can run and throw. Not sure how PK will scheme. We certainly have plenty of speed to harass the qb and to spy. But have not seen them defend this yet. Will see Saturday. I am sure the OU coaching will be taking a page out of Vandy and Arky D last week and play keep away with TOP. I feel we win on turnovers, though OU has show this to be their super power, I feel our Defense is much deeper and more athletic. I watched the OU fucks play against Auburn. They were lost until the end.

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I think that is the 9.95er answer, because they wont come out say Venables is a known sign stealer. He was hated in the ACC for it. Offensively, you only have part of the field where you have to worry about hearing the comms. Perhaps I have my tinfoil hat on, but I feel better about the game knowing Venables scumbaggary is going to be limited. 

I don’t know that there’s any way to know for sure since I expect the Texas offense to have substantial success, but I suppose it’s possible that it will have even more success than it otherwise would. 

Texas should be able to score from the one if Ewers points out where the play is going, though. Frankly, if I thought someone could be stealing signs and I couldn’t reasonably avoid it, I’d have a handful of “If I signal this, run that” for key situations. 

What will you be looking for to judge whether the comms hurt Venables on defense?

4 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I don’t know that there’s any way to know for sure since I expect the Texas offense to have substantial success, but I suppose it’s possible that it will have even more success than it otherwise would. 

Texas should be able to score from the one if Ewers points out where the play is going, though. Frankly, if I thought someone could be stealing signs and I couldn’t reasonably avoid it, I’d have a handful of “If I signal this, run that” for key situations. 

What will you be looking for to judge whether the comms hurt Venables on defense?

He was definitely on some calls early last year, not sure if that was scouting or stealing. IF Texas scores 40, I will convince myself the comms made a difference. 

I dont think coaches talking to players is that big of a deal, when Texas has the ball. Quinn and Stutsman have been around. They pretty smart guys (football IQ) and have seen a lot. Probably more beneficial for younger players like Hawkins. 

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Helmet communication may help some, but other signals are still vulnerable...

This year, several teams are still using stuff (see below) in hopes of reducing sign stealing...

image.png.958a2daf10c5e2192ea55700ce5ffd3b.png

Fuck you Michigan for all this stupid bullshit