Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Dropped another video. 

Let me summarize.  

“Guys, hear me out.  I know Texas is only allowing 7 points per game, but look at these runs for TD.  I think we can really do something here even though we are absolutely abysmal on the ground!”

I love these guys.  The epitome of sooner dumbass homers!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Let me summarize.  

“Guys, hear me out.  I know Texas is only allowing 7 points per game, but look at these runs for TD.  I think we can really do something here even though we are absolutely abysmal on the ground!”

I love these guys.  The epitome of sooner dumbass homers!

I listened to the Sooner ON3 podcast wishcast how Texas is worse on offense and defense than last year. Here is how:

1. A lot of guys on offense drafted. 
2. Ewers and OL no better than last year (“We handled them before! We’ll do it again”). 
3. A lot of guys on defense drafted. 
4. New guys and returners aren’t better because…”I don’t think they’re better”. 
5. Also, Michigan losing to Minnesota means the Wolverines suck. 

Of course, this analysis method requires you to ignore Texas’ performance to date (such as only one TD surrendered in the first half through five games). 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

I listened to the Sooner ON3 podcast wishcast how Texas is worse on offense and defense than last year. Here is how:

2. Ewers and OL no better than last year (“We handled them before! We’ll do it again”). 

Of course, this analysis method requires you to ignore Texas’ performance to date (such as only one TD surrendered in the first half through five games). 

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

More importantly it requires you ignoring the opinion of the sharpest analytical minds across all of college football.

Those fucking dipshits in Vegas and the professional gamblers have Texas by 14.5. What a bunch of idiots.

30 minutes ago, statsman said:

I listened to the Gabe Ikard play the “we’re too injured to win” sad trombone for a good half hour on the Audible’s podcast. He’s Venables’ biggest cheerleader, so I’ll buy some internal OU dread. 

Life is hard, injuries and puke buckets happen. 

And with a worse offensive line. But I do think Hawkins is still better at QB than anything Michigan has trotted out there so far.
As much as I hate to say it, I think they have another decent QB in the making. He's the most athletic QB they've had since Kyler, but Hawkins isn't a munchkin.

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
11 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:
And with a worse offensive line. But I do think Hawkins is still better at QB than anything Michigan has trotted out there so far.

As much as I hate to say it, I think they have another decent QB in the making. He's the most athletic QB they've had since Kyler, but Hawkins isn't a munchkin.

I want Hawkins’ body found. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Hopefully PK has a good enough game plan here. The key will be keeping Hawkins in the pocket. Play contain, don't over pursue and let him scramble for big plays on 3rd down. 

On offense don't be afraid to go to Bond early and often if the running game isn't there. Dude is explosive and has a knack for getting open for chunk plays.

ewers rpo + 7-yard routes = MATRICULATION

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Constant said:
IMG_9276.thumb.jpeg.f7b5bf36aa29eb8ae4a2ecfb796a98c7.jpeg
IMG_9275.thumb.jpeg.78a16601f68e54ff7524234992f917ec.jpeg
Starting to come together you little bitches. 

Love that shitty old stadium, better than any billion dollar glass and steel abomination full of luxurious amenities.

It may be a total dump, but it’s our dump, and it’s perfect.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Could be a big positive for them with Venables being able to be in Stutsman’s ear.

Could be a big positive for Texas with Sarkisian being able to do the same with Ewers. 

Most likely, it’s probably about a wash and Texas wins big by protecting the football. 

7 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I expect Texas to score 41 or so, as is. 

I think it’s pretty advantageous to feed them info coming down from above that they might not be able to see. I think being able to talk to the QB without having to wait for a series to end or calling a time out can be a pretty big deal. 

The game film that Chase Daniel broke down, he noted the QB (QE?) making his pre-snap reads, bending over to hear the helmet coms, looking again, motion, snap, read & execute.

I think having the eye in the sky comms helps the QB confirm which guy he needs to read, and make a decision based on what he does.

Knowing Bond and/or a RB/TE has a 75+% chance of one-on-one pre-snap is a great position to be in.

Whatever the DC is whispering to the defense is secondary to the guy holding the ball.

Texas going to have a good day Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'd rather beat Casey Thompson on a last second field goal than beat Hawkins by 50 points. 

I mean, a pick 6 off of him in the first OT would be pretty laughable too.

What injury does Derek Williams have? I know I’ve asked it before, but I can’t remember.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I mean, a pick 6 off of him in the first OT would be pretty laughable too.

What injury does Derek Williams have? I know I’ve asked it before, but I can’t remember.

Hamstring 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, orangebird said:

This.

I have seen enough of these to know better.  Yes, on paper, we should fuckstomp them back to Bolivia.  But I have seen a lot of Texas-0U games where the better team (on paper) doesn't always win.  I'm not going to celebrate this one until the scoreboard shows Texas with more points than 0U with zero left on the clock.

I feel the same way. Even in 2022 when we were leading 28-0 at the half I was still nervous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Even in 2022 when we were leading 28-0 at the half I was still nervous. 

Not me.  2022 and 2005 were games that at halftime I was confident we were going to coast to victory.  2005 was Vince and all of the past four years boiling over to a fuckstomp of OU.  2022 was freshman Ewers, but the OU offense was in shambles with Gabriel out and other than some decent gains in the first quarter, we had effectively shut them down while chewing up some field on offense.  

And I don't remember 1998 as well, but I'm pretty sure I felt a similar confidence, because Ricky was running all over OU, and that Sooner team with John Blake was turrible. 

Other than that, I don't think I've been anything but nervous going into halftime with a Texas lead since I've been a Longhorn fan.

Edited by South Austin

25 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not me.  2022 and 2005 were games that at halftime I was confident we were going to coast to victory.  2005 was Vince and all of the past four years boiling over to a fuckstomp of OU.  2022 was freshman Ewers, but the OU offense was in shambles with Gabriel out and other than some decent gains in the first quarter, we had effectively shut them down while chewing up some field on offense.  

And I don't remember 1998 as well, but I'm pretty sure I felt a similar confidence, because Ricky was running all over OU, and that Sooner team with John Blake was turrible. 

Other than that, I don't think I've been anything but nervous going into halftime with a Texas lead since I've been a Longhorn fan.

RIP John Blake. Terrible head coach, but he could recruit. 1998 was great. I think it was similar to 2022 being that OU looked completely lost and they used like 3 different QBs. 

16 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Each TX/OU game is completely its own animal.

Below are the 8 games this century that had double digit point spreads. Twice Texas has won outright (in bold) as a dog and covered four more times. That's 6/8 for those of you keeping score at home. This game is generally played closer than what is expected. I can't see any reason that we don't beat the living piss out of them, but I have seen too much shit go down in that stadium. And fuck this being the first time in almost 20 years that we are a double digit favorite against those assholes.

2019 -- Oklahoma 34, Texas 27 (point spread: Oklahoma -10.5)
2016 -- Oklahoma 45, Texas 40 (point spread: Oklahoma -13.5)
2015 -- Texas 24, Oklahoma 17 (point spread: Oklahoma -16.5)
2014 -- Oklahoma 31, Texas 26 (point spread: Oklahoma -16.5)
2013 -- Texas 36, Oklahoma 20 (point spread: Oklahoma -13.5)
2011 -- Oklahoma 55, Texas 17 (point spread: Oklahoma -11)
2007 -- Oklahoma 28, Texas 21 (point spread: Oklahoma -12)
2005 -- Texas 45, Oklahoma 12 (point spread: Texas -14)

The one thing I lean on is Texas blowing the game last year and Stutsman putting out those "OU fears God, Texas fears OU" t-shirts. I cannot see Texas coming out flat in this game. Texas is the better team and the team with the motivation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

RIP John Blake. Terrible head coach, but he could recruit. 1998 was great. I think it was similar to 2022 being that OU looked completely lost and they used like 3 different QBs. 

Blake had a nice pair of hooters.

• Haha 2

Fuck work, fuck this early Friday meeting, fuck my late afternoon meeting too, and motherfuck the Sooners! Eat a corn dog, drink a beer or 8 and yell as loud as possible while our defense eats.

Fuck you, Switzer and your stupid fucking smile, eat a bag of cunts, Bob, and a special shoutout to the Sooner faithful as I hope you walk out of the Cotton Bowl smelling like last night date you fucking leptons. 🤘🏼

Edited by Droopy
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

"Back to the Bone!!" was the battle cry to the media in the preseason kits and interviews. They couldn't stop talking about it on the Austin sports radio channels. I laughed every time it came up. They'd abandoned the return to the wishbone by Red River, but that offense was in complete disarray. I thought the good times were here to stay with what we were seeing with Mack Brown and the disaster that was the Blake era.  Whoops.

8 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Blake had a nice pair of hooters.

Speaking of, something has got to be done about Sam Pittman. Every time I see that guy on tv, I cringe and feel the need to look away. Do they not pills or something to help this guy out?

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2024 at 3:11 PM, greenman said:

Has anyone seen a picture or video of the grounds crew painting the end zones? Asking because they used our correct home field font during 49-0 and went back to the Mack Brown font when we lost last year. If my math is right, correct font + storm trooper uniforms = win. If not I will ask CDC on Twitter while I complain about not being able to get reentry during home games.

Horns by fiddy 

IMG_8609.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

93 degrees tomorrow around kickoff. I wish they would push the fair back a couple weeks so the game would be played in cooler weather. When I attended the game in 2021 it was also hot as balls
Hot af seems to be the norm for this game. It comes around during the part of October where summer is hanging on for dear life....and then the week after it's usually beautiful fall weather.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I feel the same way. Even in 2022 when we were leading 28-0 at the half I was still nervous. 

Well yeah, because just one year earlier we'd had a 38-20 halftime lead that we completely blew.  Of course, that Texas team was kind of terrible at everything, so...

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

"Back to the Bone!!" was the battle cry to the media in the preseason kits and interviews. They couldn't stop talking about it on the Austin sports radio channels. I laughed every time it came up. They'd abandoned the return to the wishbone by Red River, but that offense was in complete disarray. I thought the good times were here to stay with what we were seeing with Mack Brown and the disaster that was the Blake era.  Whoops.

Speaking of, something has got to be done about Sam Pittman. Every time I see that guy on tv, I cringe and feel the need to look away. Do they not pills or something to help this guy out?

Excuse me, it's Sam Tittman

Blowing this game in 21 and 23 is painful. We haven't won consecutive games against OU since 09. We need to start a damn streak against these fuckers. Don't love being 14 point favorites but as long as we take care of the football I'm totally confident.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, ousux said:
17 hours ago, Constant said:
IMG_9276.thumb.jpeg.f7b5bf36aa29eb8ae4a2ecfb796a98c7.jpeg
IMG_9275.thumb.jpeg.78a16601f68e54ff7524234992f917ec.jpeg
Starting to come together you little bitches. 

Love that shitty old stadium, better than any billion dollar glass and steel abomination full of luxurious amenities.

You feel that especially when you're in the lower level and you have to walk down 2 flights of stairs into the ground to get to the damn subterranean restroom full of crickets.  Lulz.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Hype Video just Dropped.  LFG!!!

I hate that we never post this shit to youtube, only twitter.

EDIT: Fuck I love that shot of Ehlinger throwing up the horns. He always played his best against OU.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

image.gif.f9ff3e54fc9ab9e399f922f2187d2a87.gif