Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a fan of the #1 team in the country can feel, a drunk man at the start of a long day whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope the Horns make it across the goal line a dozen times. I hope to celebrate with friends and expensive tequila. I hope the Sooner tears as plentiful as they have been in my dreams. I hope...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Hell, we gotta watch SEC Nation to get pregame live from the State Fair.

Furk

All you really gotta do is live and die

f those yokels

• Hook 'Em 1

Do they have a watch party worth going to inside the fair? I enjoy the atmosphere but to be honest I've been to the game so many times I don't really care if I'm in the stadium anymore. Would be just as happy watching it at a watch party in the fair if they do anything like that. 

19 minutes ago, WBT said:

All you really gotta do is live and die

f those yokels

True

I like the blonde on their SEC Nation set, but her allure is more than offset by dick-with-ears, Finebaum, on the right.

3 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

Let’s hope @Wulaw Horn has a good internet connection at sea.

and the drink package 

I’m at sea right now up near Prince Edward Island and I don’t know if they will show the game on the ship I am on.  Gonna try and stream it so hopefully that works.  Don’t want to miss the ass whooping that OU has coming to them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

It was stupid easy to get in at 9:00…no line at Fletchers….got a feeling that everyone arriving after 10 is fucked

The late kick lulls people into a sense of safety in showing up a bit later. Its a mistake every time. 

17 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

The Pharisees then asked him, “But what about OU fans?” Jesus answered, “Nah, fuck them.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Last year, I forgot to wear my Sam Ehlinger jersey once. For one game. Guess which game it was? Texas-OU, the one regular-season game we lost. I explained this to my wife while I picked it up to put it on this morning.

"COINCIDENCE!" she barked at me.

"What, are you meaning to tell me that what I choose to wear has no impact on the actions of 44-odd men on a field in a stadium a thousand miles away from here?"

Been with her nearly 30 years and she still knows nothing about football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Up to 17 

Damn. I know this game in particular gets a lot of late money dumped in from the sharps but that's wild.

If we don't win something will have gone horribly horribly wrong. 

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

It was stupid easy to get in at 9:00…no line at Fletchers….got a feeling that everyone arriving after 10 is fucked

Yep.  Train from S Dallas, then walked right in.  Watching Bama at one of the shaded patios.

52 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I’m at sea right now up near Prince Edward Island and I don’t know if they will show the game on the ship I am on.  Gonna try and stream it so hopefully that works.  Don’t want to miss the ass whooping that OU has coming to them.  

If you have crappy internet you could try and listen to Craig Way. 

https://texas.leanplayer.com/mobile

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Last year, I forgot to wear my Sam Ehlinger jersey once. For one game. Guess which game it was? Texas-OU, the one regular-season game we lost. I explained this to my wife while I picked it up to put it on this morning.

"COINCIDENCE!" she barked at me.

"What, are you meaning to tell me that what I choose to wear has no impact on the actions of 44-odd men on a field in a stadium a thousand miles away from here?"

Been with her nearly 30 years and she still knows nothing about football.

My current cap is undefeated.  I feel where you're coming from.

• Haha 1