Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

My 10 month old son just took his first steps, wearing burnt orange. 🤘🤘let’s gooooo

Hopefully I can tell my newborn that the first longhorn game he was alive for was a curbstomping of OU on the way to a national championship.

Edited by hookem2010
  • Hook 'Em 6

On 10/9/2024 at 3:14 PM, Foosters said:

I quit drinking in 2008. I had to watch the ensuing 15 years dry as a bone. Come to think of it, I should get a special chip for that or something

I wouldn't think the alcohol would've made it any better. Adding a depressant after watching a depressing team? Hard pass.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

They are scanning tickets at the fair entrance. Never seen this before. It is an absolute shitshow and trampling risk has felt real by the DART tracks. Ridiculous. 

Jesus christ that sounds terrible. Last time I was at the shootout we took the DART and that entrance was awful. Tons of fights and shoving for people "cutting in line"

50 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I wouldn't think the alcohol would've made it any better. Adding a depressant after watching a depressing team? Hard pass.

It made it better insofar as there are a lot of games from 2014-2022 that I don't remember. Unfortunately I wasn't drinking yet from 2010-2014. 

Gentlemen, I urge you to use this remaining time before the kickoff to double check all your memes, gifs, ice, chow, drink.  Perhaps politely ask wimenz to leave the room( @Nicole44 gets a pass).  Inform the neighbors that the screaming and yelling is NOT a murder, but our excitement to see the dirt burglars in their suffering.   Use a designated driver if necessary and travel safely.  

theres no crying in sports unles.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

GET YOUR MINDS RIGHT, PEOPLE.

IT'S HERE.

Corny dogs, alcohol and the Texas heat are doing all my mind thinking stuff right now.

I'm behind the wheel of my body but not driving. Of course none of that changes the fact that it's 1:20pm and OU still sucks!

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

At Woodrow’s in EaDo if anyone who owes me drinks wants to cash in

At Woodrow’s in San Antonio in Stone Oak, official Texas Ex’s watch party and got surrounded by tables of sooner fans…. Like is there no sooner official watch party in San Antonio?