Game week thread, Week 6, Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

13 minutes ago, ousux said:

The novelty of such a thing would be off the charts, and although I'm a traditionalist, I'd be down for it being a one time thing.

Of course if we actually did this thing at night the City of Dallas wouldn't allow it to happen again...so no real danger of that becoming default.

I would love for SMU to play a regular season game there again at somepoint. Fan interest is trending in the right direction for that to potentially be doable ticket-sales wise. Especially if it was an OOC game against someone like OU, aggy, Baylor etc.

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I don't know where this "it's too dangerous" bullshit comes from.

We know who it is ... those white people scared by Fox News and living in suburbia ... probably in gated communities with McMansions.  (No CR)

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Drool 1

Once again...100,000 people leaving a stadium at the same time are never going to be in danger.  I don't know where this "it's too dangerous" bullshit comes from.

I mean, I was at the fair last year when they started fucking shooting inside the damn thing.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I would love for SMU to play a regular season game there again at somepoint. Fan interest is trending in the right direction for that to potentially be doable ticket-sales wise. Especially if it was an OOC game against someone like OU, aggy, Baylor etc.

I was there in the stands for the 1991 game Texas played and smoked SMU in the Cotton Bowl. 

Temps in the 40s F (The box score weather conditions are jacked.... it was never anywhere near "62F" that day!), windy, and I had the entire visitor-side upper deck to myself, so I sat in the first row (bottom row) at the 50-yard line, turned on my waterproof radio underneath my backpacking poncho and winter coat, and watched Texas roll, 34 - 0.

That asshole Mobilehoma ref Joe Thomas worked that game, and SMU sucked so bad there was no way he could save them.

The "my-little-pony" band didn't play in the rain at Halftime, but the Longhorn band was unaffected by rain and played great in their orange ponchos for Halftime.

Despite the box score reporting 26,000 attendance (sold-tickets), there were barely enough people there to make it feel like a high-school-sized crowd.

Good times!

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

October 14. We had just gotten to the car and pulled out of the lot. Started getting blown up by people that knew we were there.
That was some Dallas gang beef that somehow made it inside the fairgrounds. All these years I've been going to the OU game or concerts there and never had an issue, but it can't be denied that isn't a great neighborhood.

45 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

October 14. We had just gotten to the car and pulled out of the lot. Started getting blown up by people that knew we were there.

That was some Dallas gang beef that somehow made it inside the fairgrounds. All these years I've been going to the OU game or concerts there and never had an issue, but it can't be denied that isn't a great neighborhood.

That's why a night game there is bad news.

23 hours ago, statsman said:

I listened to the Sooner ON3 podcast wishcast how Texas is worse on offense and defense than last year. Here is how:

1. A lot of guys on offense drafted. 
2. Ewers and OL no better than last year (“We handled them before! We’ll do it again”). 
3. A lot of guys on defense drafted. 
4. New guys and returners aren’t better because…”I don’t think they’re better”. 
5. Also, Michigan losing to Minnesota means the Wolverines suck. 

Of course, this analysis method requires you to ignore Texas’ performance to date (such as only one TD surrendered in the first half through five games). 

It's news to me that Minnesota beat Michigan.

7 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I wonder when the sec steps In and wants a prime time 7pm game. Under the lights at the cotton bowl during the fair would be bad ass. So many drunk tards and chicks flashing tits. It would be epic 

Never gonna happen.

Question. I'm staying downtown - historic district. Plan on going to the fair around 9; but looking for a quick egress to head back to Austin.  Should i park in the private lots outside the fair lot, or take the train or bus to and from  downtown?

I don't mind walking. I've always packed in west campus for football and Crown for b ball vs sitting in traffic.

Edited by Born to Run

Utah got beat again last night. Why is that relevant to TX OU? There were reportedly four teams last year that were video cheating like Michigan. Two have been identified: Clemson and Utah. Another potential team? OU because of Venable’s tie to Clemson. 

Michigan, Utah, and OU all look significantly worse than last year, now that there are headset communications. Texas ought to be able to be better today if they were in fact cheating last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Utah got beat again last night. Why is that relevant to TX OU? There were reportedly four teams last year that were video cheating like Michigan. Two have been identified: Clemson and Utah. Another potential team? OU because of Venable’s tie to Clemson. 

Michigan, Utah, and OU all look significantly worse than last year, now that there are headset communications. Texas ought to be able to be better today if they were in fact cheating last year. 

There may be something to this- I don’t mean just those 4 teams. It seems like the polls are having a difficult time finding the actual best top 25 teams. Teams that people thought were on pace to do really well (Mizzou, Utah, Oklahoma state, Michigan, USC, Oklahoma, Florida State) have absolutely sucked. 

6 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

What time is too early for day drinking? It is 7:10 am on my island? Too early for a shot in my coffee?

When it is game day and especially Texas-OU game day it’s like you are transiting international terminals - time and its zones are irrelevant for when you should determine the start of alcohol consumption. 

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Now that it's game day:

Fuck Bob Stoops

Fuck Barry Switzer

Fuck Brent Venables

Fuck Jackson Arnold

Fuck Michael Hawkins JR

Fuck Dillon Gabriel

Fuck Billy Simms

Fuck The Boz 

Fuck Adrian Peterson 

Fuck Gary Gibbs

Fuck Toby Keith 

Fuck Baker Mayfield 

Fuck Kyler Murray

Fuck Cale Gundy

Fuck Jason White

Fuck Josh Heupel

Fuck Mark Clayton

Fuck Rhett Bomar

Fuck Lincoln Riley 

Fuck Spencer Rattler

Fuck Caleb Williams

Fuck Marvin Mims 

Fuck Drake Stoops

Fuck Nic Anderson 

Fuck the entire state of Oklahoma

and finally Fuck Curly McLane and that stupid musical too

You left out Teddy Lehman, Roy Williams, Rocky Calmus and Spencer Tillman.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2