The Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread: Win Now, Talk Later

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

You're a brave soul sticking your head up this week.

Eh, not really, lol. We’re going to get our ass handed to us Saturday. I know weird things happen in Dallas. I’ve been to 30 of them in person. But I just can’t see a path for that for us this year. Should be a UT blowout. 

Edited by lonestarsooner
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, lonestarsooner said:

Eh, not really, lol. We’re going to get our ass handed to us Saturday. I know weird things happen in Dallas. I’ve been to 30 of them in person. But I just can’t see a path for that for us this year. Should be a UT blowout. 

Not a lot of dirt burglars around here. A few well known ones, but it still makes me wonder how y'all found this pit of sin.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Defensive strategy is solid. On a shot on goal it seems like there is always 2 or 3 sticks within 10 feet of the rebound to clear.

Agreed. 22 SOG for the Preds but very few high danger chances. Otter has been solid. Looks calm and in control. D in front of him as played well. Lube has been better than I expected. 

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Not a lot of dirt burglars around here. A few well known ones, but it still makes me wonder how y'all found this pit of sin.

I’ve been on here since the days of Shaggy. I don’t post nearly as much as Constant or ChiTownDoc or PDawg though, lol. 

Damnit! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I could use a clarification from Razor this morning. I'm trying to remember exactly how he phrased it. The implication was that Victory+ would not be carrying the next 15 games, but he and Josh could still be heard on the little ticket.

A quick perusal of the Google machine said that the known TV and streaming until the Caps on Thursday are either ESPN+ or ABC.

Hmm. 

I'm starting to wonder about the app. Are they trying to buy some time to fix stuff or what is up? 

On 10/14/2024 at 6:03 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Makes me laugh that LF68, gatekeeper, has zero posts during our 3-0 run. 

I'm sort of offended at the suggestion. You'll find I'm the last person to gatekeep anything. Unless you are using that term in a way that is not colloquially accepted. Anyway, so while you were sitting on your ass watching the game I was at the TX/OU game and the two home games, so you can thank me for 3-0, actually. :P 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Anyway, so while you were sitting on your ass watching the game I was at the TX/OU game and the two home games, so you can thank me for 3-0, actually. :P 

Nice work.  I knew I would have nothing left in the tank after TX/OU game so sold first 2 games as well as next game.  And I'll be in Austin for UGA Sat and then have stuff the next Sat as well. So who knows when I'll actually be able to make a damn game.  Unpopular opinion but hockey season shouldn't start until mid-November.  Fall is too damn busy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

then we'd playing the finals in august. no thanks.

I think the regular season is too long period given the grind of the playoffs but that's another discussion (not to mention would not work for the league economically to give up games).  But I would gladly trade relevant sports in the middle of summer dead period in exchange for less overlap with football season.   I love the Stars and hockey generally but college football Saturdays will always come first.  I'm sure others feel the same about NFL.    I think the NBA should do the same FWIW.   Both sports lose a ton of potential viewers for Sat/Sun/Mon/Thur games during the fall (not to mention MLB post-season)

Edited by Skipper

25 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I think the regular season is too long period given the grind of the playoffs but that's another discussion (not to mention would not work for the league economically to give up games).  But I would gladly trade relevant sports in the middle of summer dead period in exchange for less overlap with football season.   I love the Stars and hockey generally but college football Saturdays will always come first.  I'm sure others feel the same about NFL.    I think the NBA should do the same FWIW.   Both sports lose a ton of potential viewers for Sat/Sun/Mon/Thur games during the fall (not to mention MLB post-season)

yeah, and I think that's the problem, at least from the NHL viewpoint. It's the least popular sport of the ones you mentioned, so there won't be much consideration for accomodation from the others.  I think the reality is, though, that the NHL will be motivated to start the playoffs as early as possible in the near future as it's really hard to maintain ice when it's 95 degrees outside.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Nice work.  I knew I would have nothing left in the tank after TX/OU game so sold first 2 games as well as next game.  And I'll be in Austin for UGA Sat and then have stuff the next Sat as well. So who knows when I'll actually be able to make a damn game.  Unpopular opinion but hockey season shouldn't start until mid-November.  Fall is too damn busy.

Let me know if you want to donate any tickets to get a tax write-off.  My kids lacrosse org is doing a silent auction on 11/11 and are looking for tickets. 

spacer.png

For real tho.