The Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread: Win Now, Talk Later

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl-power-rankings-dallas-stars-shine-amidst-perfect-start-edmonton-oilers-stumble-out-of-the-gate/

Rk
Teams

Chg
Rcrd
team logo
Stars
Logan Stankoven has picked up right where he left off last season. The Stars rookie has five assists in his team's first four games, and he is already blossoming into a key playmaker for this lineup. After posting 14 points in his 24-game audition last season, Stankoven is adding to the embarrassment of riches up front in Dallas. -- 4-0-

Same AAV as the Swayman deal. That’s a win for Otter and the Stars. Cap friendly deal for a potential cornerstone piece. And he’ll still be relatively young at the end of the deal so can set up for another big contract then to take him to the end of his career if he stays healthy. Yeah, Igor won’t love this. He’s looking for something north of $11M AAV. 

12 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Has anyone tried to stream the Victory app from their phone via hdmi? I plugged my iPhone in via hdmi and the app just crashes (or shuts down on purpose).

Pretty steady on Chromecast. 

Ugh, another just acquired defenseman down. Smith wasn't moving his arm as he skated off. Almost wonder if it was a rib 

Our Achilles the last few seasons has been bad teams. Looking like we'll have to play through that again

That’s pretty judgy for such a small sample size buddy.

But you are probably correct.

Great 8 is tired and is just hanging between the circles and blue line waiting for easy shots. It’s 4.5 vs 5 when he is out there.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The Mason Marchment drinking game was a thing by somebody a few rows in front of us.  Every time he falls down, you have to drink. It a lot of times TBO, and now I cant unsee this. I find myself focusing on 27.   

I have him on my FH team so I watch for him anyway. I love the energy he brings and for whatever it is he does to get the other team so riled up

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

The Mason Marchment drinking game was a thing by somebody a few rows in front of us.  Every time he falls down, you have to drink. It a lot of times TBO, and now I cant unsee this. I find myself focusing on 27.   

Who was the guy on the Flyers a few years ago who fell so much it became a meme?  Hartnell?

On 10/21/2024 at 12:22 PM, markstanco said:

He fell down on the opening faceoff!

• Like 1