Prediction Contest 2024 week 6, Texas v OU

Wulaw Horn

IMHO, we need to frustrated OU early and often especially their Freshman QB. Let them know that they're not playing Kansas anymore, The team needs to be patent and avoid early mistakes. As Coach Akers once said "take away their heart and kill their will to win."

Prediction:

UT 35

OU 13

Unlike Mack Brown., I do not think that Coach Sark is worried about being taken off Barry Switzer's Christmas card list

• Hook 'Em 2

Gonna be a barn-burner. Texas 37-24. 4 Horn TDs, 3 FGs. A few mistakes we could do without, but OUs new QB not ready for the rush. Throws 3 pics. I'm hopeful Ewers can hit the long pass, because it's money in the bank. Protect the ball. We'll commit a couple of turnovers as well. Damn this heat.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

Texas: 30

OU: 20

Texas is at least somewhat susceptible to the keep away/ground and pound game plan. Probably not so much that it costs them the game unless they give OU bad turnovers like last year. OU's defense is also good. This game will be close-ish in a way that never felt seriously in doubt against Mississippi State, but because it's Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl feels like living on a knife's edge for three quarters. Bottom line is that I'm pretty confident this Texas offense finds its 27-38 points as they so often do under Sark and I'm not sure how OU gets into that range without help from Texas.

I think OU will actually outrush Texas, partly because of their own dedication to the run and partly because Sark has shown an inclination to pass to set up the run this year. I also don't think it's as big of a deal as it used to be given the prominence of the RPO and screen game in modern football.

Texas Rushing: 128

OU Rushing: 138

Spread: -10, inverse of the scoring margin.

It's 1:45pm PST and OU still sucks.

Edited by gmr548

Rust and the number 19 keep coming up in my head. 

I'll go with Texas 28 and OU 19

Rushing yards Texas - 121

OU ...............................129

spread of -8. 

Really should be the best game of the year.  I think Georgia will be a rout for us, assuming injuries are not significant.  

Posted (edited)

Texas - 49

Ousux - 21

Texas Rushing - 195 

Ousux Rushing - 123

Variance + 72 Texas

Tough question, these teams have faced a total of 3 good/decent Rushing teams. Tenn, Tulane, Michigan. Flip side neither have been particularly great at rushing.

Jesus Johnny 

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/6/2024 at 7:27 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Texas 45, OU 13. 

we win this game in a walk, reminiscent of the last time we brought in a focused group of dominant studs that were looking for revenge and they brought in a collection of no talent ass clowns considerably worst than the normal collection of ass clowns they roll with (2005). 

This game just sets up like that for us to stomp them. Yes, I know, it’s a rivalry game and anything can and will happen, but I’m going to choose not to take counsel  of my fears as it relates to this team and enjoy the ride. 

Prop- rushing yards for both team- graded on closest to spread and if that ties closest to the total. Team that wins this almost always wins the game. 
Texas 194 yards rushing

OU- 78 yards rushing. 
spread- 116 yards 

I’m feeling 38-17 Texas. 

OU will rush for about 120 yds.

Spread 87 yds. (Texas rushes for 207).

over/under on screeching curse words by me? 87

OU has only 2 games where they had over 300 yds total offense, and neither of those were against P4 teams. Texas hasn't had a game under 500 yds total offense.

Texas 51
OU 13

I'm not sure ou can get to 13, but I figure there will be a stupid turnover or two on our end and then a garbage TD against the 3rd string.

Unfortunately, I don't think our rushing attack is going to do much, but theirs will be worse.

Texas - 126 yds
OU - 68 yds
Spread - 58 yds.

On 10/7/2024 at 3:31 PM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Gonna be a barn-burner. Texas 37-24. 4 Horn TDs, 3 FGs. A few mistakes we could do without, but OUs new QB not ready for the rush. Throws 3 pics. I'm hopeful Ewers can hit the long pass, because it's money in the bank. Protect the ball. We'll commit a couple of turnovers as well. Damn this heat.

IMG_9930.gif

For everyone thinking we're scoring just 35 points, I suggest taking some shrooms or gummies. We're scoring in the 40s, fam. Ou isn't making it to 20 with a frosh qb who isn't Caleb Williams. They're more than likely to be happy to score 13, which is more realistic with that they have in offense. 

We are bigger, faster, and stronger on both sides of the ball. We have a better secondary. LBs who will fuck you up with one hit. We have a D-line that is very, very good. And we have edges who will punish them. Did I mention we have the best o-line in the country? Quinn and Arch ain't getting dirty. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

How are they running for 120 when they have no RB's?

They rushed for 156 in 2022 when everyone in the stadium knew they couldn’t complete a forward pass. Gbenda is good for 1-2 poor run fits a game and I think it’s going to take a few series before we really start shutting down their offense. 

• Like 1