The Fair on Game Day

TXSooner518

Hey all,

One of the reasons I always liked 11a for this game is that the fair opens parking at 7a and gates at 8 when the game is early. That let us get to the fair at 7, drink in the lot til 8, then get a Fletcher's and a fried butter etc while the air was crisp and the lines were short to non-existent. The last time the game was 2:30, the website said parking at 9 and gates at 10. We went with that, and it was hot and crowded when we arrived. But people mentioned that it still opened early that year? Anyone with any intel about when parking/gates will open this year?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Parking not open til 3.  Gates don't open til 4.  You and any other Sooners you hang out with, should probably just skip this year.  No sense in wasting your time.

Would think you would want me watching every minute this year, Number One. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

2017 was the last 2:30 game.  Lots at 9. Fair at 10 that year.  

That's the year that people said it actually opened earlier after the fact b/c I posted bitching about it haha. If it truly holds to this, goddamn all the 230 truthers. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is that accurate? Seems crazy they would wait until 10 to open up the fair.

It's 4.5 hours before the kickoff, unlike the 3 hours before they get with an 11am kick when they open at 8am.

I park on a nice lawn south of Fitzgerald and I'm sure those gentlemen will take your money earlier than 9am if you want to give it to them.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

11 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

That's the year that people said it actually opened earlier after the fact b/c I posted bitching about it haha. If it truly holds to this, goddamn all the 230 truthers. 

I am telling you my ass was there in 2017, at 8a.  had my wax paper cup and fletchers knocked out.

why was I there at 8am you ask....

because my dumb ass thought the fucking game was 11 like it almost always was.      we had ubered there, so the choice was uber back to the hotel for 2 hours... or fucking get hammered.   I got hammered.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Yeah I'm almost 100% positive we got into the fair no later than 8 back in 2017.

36 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Would think you would want me watching every minute this year, Number One. 

You trying to reverse jinx us or something aren't you?  Not gonna work.  No Sooner  Magic allowed this year, Harry Potter can sit his ass at home.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's 4.5 hours before the kickoff, unlike the 3 hours before they get with an 11am kick when they open at 8am.

I park on a nice lawn south of Fitzgerald and I'm sure those gentlemen will take your money earlier than 9am if you want to give it to them.  

I assume they like money, so waiting until 10 would be strange. Sounds like that's not the case though. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Alright idiots. I took the bull by the horns and called the fair direct and was told the fairgrounds will open at 7 am on Saturday. 

But we were all trying to confuse the Sooner....way to go jackass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

Spread this year eclipses our previous years pretty considerably! I'll go up to $50 straight up or up to $200 on the +14, your choice. 

Oh come on. How many years have I taken Texas straight up when OU was giving points? I’ll take the $50 though. 

42 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Alright idiots. I took the bull by the horns and called the fair direct and was told the fairgrounds will open at 7 am on Saturday. 

37 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

But we were all trying to confuse the Sooner....way to go jackass.

Fairground opens at 7, but that's irrelevant, because the game moved to a Home and Home with this year's game in Norman. 

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

It opened at 7 AM in 2017. I looked at the timestamp of some pictures on my phone from that year. Have one from inside the fair at 7:39 AM. 

Yeah it opened way, way before 10AM that year. I have pics at 9:17 and was well into it at that point…

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

2017 was the last 2:30 game.  Lots at 9. Fair at 10 that year.  

Was at that one. Holy fuck almost got heat stroke. It was hot as shit. With global warming need to move this back to last Saturday of the fair. 

Oh come on. How many years have I taken Texas straight up when OU was giving points? I’ll take the $50 though. 

Several for sure, which is why I will take the worst of it with you, but never over two TD either. I’ll also offer a modified spread of +7 up to $150 if you’d prefer.

10 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Was at that one. Holy fuck almost got heat stroke. It was hot as shit. With global warming need to move this back to last Saturday of the fair. 

It was on Oct 14.

that’s about the latest the game has ever been played.

I don’t think moving it back to the last weekend (all of 7 days) would make that much of a difference.

at least a good portion of the stadium gets shade with a 2:30 kickoff 

Georgia is in deep shit. Sark is going to absolutely not hold back..amd our WR's are better than their secondary. Which is their weak spot. Our o-line wiill have no issues with their front seven. Simmons will have a breakout. Our defense is legit. Carson aneck is mid at best..and their WR's don't have a Bowers Ora Add MCCokomey. Their best WR was kicked off tree team. Quinn will carve them up. The only reason they came back against was because their db's were shit. Ours isn't.  

8 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Georgia is in deep shit. Sark is going to absolutely not hold back..amd our WR's are better than their secondary. Which is their weak spot. Our o-line wiill have no issues with their front seven. Simmons will have a breakout. Our defense is legit. Carson aneck is mid at best..and their WR's don't have a Bowers Ora Add MCCokomey. Their best WR was kicked off tree team. Quinn will carve them up. The only reason they came back against was because their db's were shit. Ours isn't.  

I’ve been reading your stuff. It seems like you’ve bought in. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am telling you my ass was there in 2017, at 8a.  had my wax paper cup and fletchers knocked out.

why was I there at 8am you ask....

because my dumb ass thought the fucking game was 11 like it almost always was.      we had ubered there, so the choice was uber back to the hotel for 2 hours... or fucking get hammered.   I got hammered.

2017 was one of the most hammered I've ever been at the game.  2:30 is fucking rough.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’ve been reading your stuff. It seems like you’ve bought in. 😄

Hell yeah I have. Jist like I did with Bama and Michigan

we are big and strong and have just as much talent and maybe more  than they do. Our speed is incredible, and we have so many WR's who can/are elite is is just insane. We can make screens into TD's at an incredible rate. Bond is sick, and Golden is a beast. DeAndre Moore is a great blocker, but his hands are like glue and he can make 50/50 balls at an insane rate. Wingo is the wild card who has speed and great hands. Just like Golden. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

We playing them at the fair?

44 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Hell yeah I have. Jist like I did with Bama and Michigan

we are big and strong and have just as much talent and maybe more  than they do. Our speed is incredible, and we have so many WR's who can/are elite is is just insane. We can make screens into TD's at an incredible rate. Bond is sick, and Golden is a beast. DeAndre Moore is a great blocker, but his hands are like glue and he can make 50/50 balls at an insane rate. Wingo is the wild card who has speed and great hands. Just like Golden. 

This is Sark posting and I won’t be told any different. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You're a big cigar. Order a limo.

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Traffic. Helicopter, imo. 

might be a big cigar, but I’m not a nurse. Looking for something a little more practical

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigcigar said:

What’s the best way to get out as quickly as possible? I’d love to stay around, but have to get home by 7.

You’ll need to leave at halftime for that pipe dream. The teams won’t even be off fair property before 7. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Hey all,

One of the reasons I always liked 11a for this game is that the fair opens parking at 7a and gates at 8 when the game is early. That let us get to the fair at 7, drink in the lot til 8, then get a Fletcher's and a fried butter etc while the air was crisp and the lines were short to non-existent. The last time the game was 2:30, the website said parking at 9 and gates at 10. We went with that, and it was hot and crowded when we arrived. But people mentioned that it still opened early that year? Anyone with any intel about when parking/gates will open this year?

Don't take this the wrong way.  You seem like one of the good ones.  But fuck your face.  ou sucks.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Yeah. We’re running the regular season table (barring significant injuries, of course). And I don’t think any game will be particularly close. I guess UGA will be if you call 10-14 pt victory “close.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1