I’ll kick it off. Michael Keaton plays the same guy in the following movies:
- Jackie Brown
- Multiplicity
-  The Paper
- The Dream Team
- Beetlejuice
- Mr Mom
- Night Shift

Michael Keaton to a young billfromlaketravis: “your momma sure does care about your schoolin’ son”
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

End jiggly camera syndrome. 

Except for this brilliant observation, the rest of you need to relook at the thread title. It’s unpopular opinions, not dumb ass stupid opinions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

War- Fury was stupid schlock.

Comic book- Venom movies are really bad— I can’t believe they got a greenlit sequel and trilogy. 

Drama/oscar bait- Oppenheimer is massively overrated. One of Nolan’s weaker movies to me. The Whale was mediocrity in a fat suit.

Kids- Dreamworks > Disney (this decade)

Comedy- Barbie was stupid and not worth a “social conversation” that lame people purported it to start

Musical- Hugh Jackman is a better Les Mis & Greatest showman than he is a Wolverine 

sports- the first creed movie was really good.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Except for this brilliant observation, the rest of you need to relook at the thread title. It’s unpopular opinions, not dumb ass stupid opinions. 

You think disliking shaky cam is an unpopular opinion?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Whoa dude really going out on a ledge here. 

Saw a billboard for it this morning on the way to the airport and thought “wow a third movie got financed?” when the third mad max movie is in question after furiousa bombed.

clearly you people (not you, but the royal you) think venom movies are good and worth spending money to see, to commercial success and continued development. 

1 hour ago, MinerProphet said:

War- Fury was stupid schlock.

Comic book- Venom movies are really bad— I can’t believe they got a greenlit sequel and trilogy. 

Drama/oscar bait- Oppenheimer is massively overrated. One of Nolan’s weaker movies to me. The Whale was mediocrity in a fat suit.

Kids- Dreamworks > Disney (this decade)

Comedy- Barbie was stupid and not worth a “social conversation” that lame people purported it to start

Musical- Hugh Jackman is a better Les Mis & Greatest showman than he is a Wolverine 

sports- the first creed movie was really good.

Greatest Showman is kind of good. 

1 hour ago, MinerProphet said:

clearly you people (not you, but the royal you) think venom movies are good and worth spending money to see, to commercial success and continued development. 

And the Chinese.

/noracist

Gritty comic book movies suck and it’s time to end them.  The source material is a person dressing up in a themed costume, maybe with magical powers, and fighting another themed rival. It’s not a vehicle to explore the problems with America or imperialism or libertarian philosophy or whatever. We have Westerns and gangster movies for that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, joeycovers said:

Stars wars is garbage 

I used to watch the CBS Evening News with my father every week day when I was a kid. It was anchored by some fellow named Cronkite back then. Followed the war in Vietnam, Manson, Watergate, etc. Anywho I still remember the first TV ad for Star Wars and him declaring it "a bunch of crap."

But I also remember him saying AC/DC were a bunch of homos just based on the cover of Highway to Hell so it's not like he was clairvoyant or anything

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Not only did they get it right by awarding the Oscar to Shakespeare in Love, Saving Private Ryan is a shlocky movie filled with comic book level stereotype characters. The opening scene masks the fact that it's very average.

SPR is also overflowing with terrible acting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/8/2024 at 10:00 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll kick it off. Michael Keaton plays the same guy in the following movies:

- Jackie Brown

- Multiplicity

-  The Paper

- The Dream Team

- Beetlejuice

- Mr Mom

- Night Shift

Counterpoint: they are all fantastic 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m not saying Keaton isn’t good at what he’s done, Night Shift being the exception, but he’s playing the same character over and over again.

This is fair. It's a very Denzel type thing in that mostly everything is top notch but it's literally the same character 

• Hook 'Em 1