Suzanne Simpson, the disappearing San Antonio realtor (UT alum)

chainsaw

14 hours ago, miguelito said:

The searchers were looking somewhere along I10, I don't know where. Could have been north or south of 46. 

In summary: I don't know anything. 

Have you considered charging $9.95 for a newsletter?

6 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Corollary to that:

Never never never kill your wife, drive off, and bury her in a shallow grave.

And THEN - don’t talk to the police. That’s when you would be at the most fucking risk.

ha, very fair point.  however, if you are a guilty person, you have less at risk really than an innocent person if the police hone in on you as the perp, because, you know, you fucking did it.

1 hour ago, HellesBier said:

I love how everyone is like "fuck the police" but even while innocent until proven guilty it's talk to the police and cooperate! The mental gymnastics would make aggy proud.

for real, though. right now one of my sons is into this youtube channel of police interrogations. it's incredible that people even agree to sit down for a conversation with the police without an attorney present. you should always assume the police are out to get you. at least that's my latent paranoia. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's incredible that people even agree to sit down for a conversation with the police without an attorney present. you should always assume the police are out to get you. at least that's my latent paranoia. 

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya.

• Hook 'Em 3

Supposedly their 6 or 7 year old daughter showed up to school Monday morning and told her teacher that “dad hit mommy last night and now she is missing” and that’s how the police first got involved.

I knew Brad pretty well especially around junior high age. We graduated the same class in high school but by then we didn’t really hang out all that much. Brad went to Texas also but I pretty much never saw him after the summer of our freshman year. He may have dropped out/transferred I really don’t know.

Brad’s older brother Bart was a part owner of Tarpon Inn down here.

Brad’s sister Britt was smoking hot (no pics) in high school. She married a Kleberg. That’s all I’ve got.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Supposedly their 6 or 7 year old daughter showed up to school Monday morning and told her teacher that “dad hit mommy last night and now she is missing” and that’s how the police first got involved.

I knew Brad pretty well especially around junior high age. We graduated the same class in high school but by then we didn’t really hang out all that much. Brad went to Texas also but I pretty much never saw him after the summer of our freshman year. He may have dropped out/transferred I really don’t know.

Brad’s older brother Bart was a part owner of Tarpon Inn down here.

Brad’s sister Britt was smoking hot (no pics) in high school. She married a Kleberg. That’s all I’ve got.

SIMPSON, BRAD CHANDLER first semester Summer 1989 last semester Fall 1996
BACHELOR OF ARTS major SOCIOLOGY December 21, 1996
SECOND MAJOR HISTORY

The seven-year plan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

So for all 5 of us here on the board that aren’t lawyers this means what? They know he did it but don’t have a body/evidence and don’t want him posting bond on the 2 original charges?

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

So for all 5 of us here on the board that aren’t lawyers this means what? They know he did it but don’t have a body/evidence and don’t want him posting bond on the 2 original charges?

Would appear to be an entirely separate charge unrelated, or tangentially so, to the disappearance of his wife.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed-test/55851b0a-7030-45c2-9c7d-0ea09fe654d9

7 hours ago, HellesBier said:

I love how everyone is like "fuck the police" but even while innocent until proven guilty it's talk to the police and cooperate! The mental gymnastics would make aggy proud.

I dumno man, you attributed a position to posters that nobody has expressed so far.  It was noted he’s not cooperating with the police. Kind of a stand alone fact.  Everyone agrees you don’t talk to the police.  Everyone agrees the lawyers should shake the babies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If my wife ever goes missing, I will make two statements to the police and they will automatically know that I am not a suspect.

1) I love my wife very much. She's my soulmate, yada, yada, yada.
2) She's the one that organizes all the kids' extracurriculars. You think I'm keeping up with that shit? Look at our phones and look at all the Whatsapp, Teamsnap, and all the other fucking apps we have to keep track of. You think I'm dealing with the team moms? No way, I need her around to do all that.

I would be a free man in five minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Again:

Excellent. Everyone should watch that video or this one, from the same guy.

unfortunately the police are not really about rescuing a missing person but more about arresting someone. Don’t get me wrong, they’re good people who want to help but their job is building a case for the DA. 

EDIT: Contrary to the opinions about suburban women, it's extremely rare that strangers kidnap a woman or a child. Something like less than 100 per year for the entire country, and almost zero suburbanites are kidnapped. The police are aware of the stats so when this situation occurs, it's 99.9% of the time the husband and maybe .1% of the time the girlfriend of the husband.

https://youtu.be/-FENubmZGj8?si=Mc_aERboxJwRAtaw

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

They get to, with a warrant, take his cellphone and dig into his digital life, right?

How good is the GPS info from a new vehicle? Can they establish where all it went, and when?

How close is the technology to questioning an Amazon Alexa to replay conversations?

15 minutes ago, statsman said:

They get to, with a warrant, take his cellphone and dig into his digital life, right?

How good is the GPS info from a new vehicle? Can they establish where all it went, and when?

How close is the technology to questioning an Amazon Alexa to replay conversations?

Most people assume the device and car GPS information is the reason why all the search resources were in Boerne.

On the kids, was it established that Brad had dropped the kids off for school?

17 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

He may have been in possession of something that he wasn’t authorized to have. Something that is regulated by the ATF. 

Yep - something like a barrel being a tad to short on a rifle or a tax stamp missing on another type of NFA item will getcha when they want it to.

Could be a 100 things but they found what they needed to find to hold him.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:48 PM, cabowabo said:

Neighbor heard and saw him assaulting her, then heard screams in the woods….and didn’t call the police. 

Infuriating.

On 10/12/2024 at 12:05 AM, NorthLoop said:

So this guy hasn't been arrested yet, but we have an orange jumpsuit mugshot of him? 

Yeah, as has been established he was arrested early Wednesday morning.

Suzanne was one of my fraternity's little sisters in the early 90's but I only vaguely recollect her. Brad, I learned this weekend, was a fraternity brother but I don't remember him at all but he was several years ahead of me. When I went cyberstalking when this news starting circulating early in the week, I landed on her Facebook account. One look at Brad in her profile pic and I said, "That motherfucker killed her."

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Infuriating.

Suzanne was one of my fraternity's little sisters in the early 90's but I only vaguely recollect her. Brad, I learned this weekend, was a fraternity brother but I don't remember him at all but he was several years ahead of me. When I went cyberstalking when this news starting circulating early in the week, I landed on her Facebook account. One look at Brad in her profile pic and I said, "That motherfucker killed her."

What frat?

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

Yep - something like a barrel being a tad to short on a rifle or a tax stamp missing on another type of NFA item will getcha when they want it to.

Could be a 100 things but they found what they needed to find to hold him.

I was dancing around it but I’ve heard it was a can. I’m pretty sure we all know what the outcome is going to be, but this makes it even more likely. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Infuriating.

I'm flabbergasted that I never knew his brother had siblings.  I always assumed he was an only child.

30 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What type of dude was he back in his frat days if anyone knows

I was a Pike but several years older.  I’ve talked to guys that knew him and they said he was a normal guy.  They would not have imagined him being a wife killer. 

I figured this topic would show up on Surly soon enough and yes... this is hitting super close to home on multiple levels.

I went to high school with Suzanne's sister who is legitimately batshit crazy now. My son is friends with Chelsea (the daughter) and one of his really good friend's step sister is her closest friend. Shit, I dropped a group of kids off at their house for a grad party just a few months ago. I didn't realize Britt Kleber was Brad's sister, though. We know her fairly well, too, both through kids and some other social bullshit. 

All of this is some really fucked puro San Antonio/Alamo Heights incestual shit. I sweatergawd, this town is closer to being Mayberry than a real city.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I figured this topic would show up on Surly soon enough and yes... this is hitting super close to home on multiple levels.

I went to high school with Suzanne's sister who is legitimately batshit crazy now. My son is friends with Chelsea (the daughter) and one of his really good friend's step sister is her closest friend. Shit, I dropped a group of kids off at their house for a grad party just a few months ago. I didn't realize Britt Kleber was Brad's sister, though. We know her fairly well, too, both through kids and some other social bullshit. 

All of this is some really fucked puro San Antonio/Alamo Heights incestual shit. I sweatergawd, this town is closer to being Mayberry than a real city.

Is Barney Fife on the case?