Suzanne Simpson, the disappearing San Antonio realtor (UT alum)

chainsaw

10 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I was a Pike but several years older.  I’ve talked to guys that knew him and they said he was a normal guy.  They would not have imagined him being a wife killer. 

Yup. I mentioned before that I knew him pretty well but it was mainly around junior high age. We didn’t hang out much in high school. I do remember being around him a little the summer before our freshman year at UT. Went to some fraternity parties together, drank a beer or 2 in his room at Castilian and stuff like that. Once school started though I don’t really have any recollection of him.

Anyway he was completely normal. Good athlete and student, popular, etc.

2 hours ago, justhookit said:

Yup. I mentioned before that I knew him pretty well but it was mainly around junior high age. We didn’t hang out much in high school. I do remember being around him a little the summer before our freshman year at UT. Went to some fraternity parties together, drank a beer or 2 in his room at Castilian and stuff like that. Once school started though I don’t really have any recollection of him.

Anyway he was completely normal. Good athlete and student, popular, etc.

Sometimes it’s financial.  As we all know, just because people seem to make a lot of money and have nice toys does not mean they are not in debt up to their neck.  Some guys freak when they know a divorce is about to happen and they have to pay child support and the possibility of alimony (not sure who is the main breadwinner)

Maybe the thought of losing his McMansion - and his wife no longer paying for his truck - the humiliation of not being able to pay for his hunting leases and UT football tickets - and knowing his younger side piece will dump him when she finds out he has no money made him Cray-Cray.   

Many men have done worse shit for less reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Sometimes it’s financial.  As we all know, just because people seem to make a lot of money and have nice toys does not mean they are not in debt up to their neck.  Some guys freak when they know a divorce is about to happen and they have to pay child support and the possibility of alimony (not sure who is the main breadwinner)

Maybe the thought of losing his McMansion - and his wife no longer paying for his truck - the humiliation of not being able to pay for his hunting leases and UT football tickets - and knowing his younger side piece will dump him when she finds out he has no money made him Cray-Cray.   

Not saying any of this is incorrect, but it sounds like this guy was roughing her up to the point that her mom had made a plan to get her out of the house.

3 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

wonder what his surly handle is

Who hasn’t posted since last Tuesday?

Edited by royiv
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Not saying any of this is incorrect, but it sounds like this guy was roughing her up to the point that her mom had made a plan to get her out of the house.

Right? How dare his actions have negative consequences for him.

23 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

My wife watches the ID channel all the time, so by default, I do as well.  People kill each other over the most mundane of things, and when money is on the line, oh boy.  It doesn't seem to matter if it's even over a trivial amount, such as a few thousand dollars.  It also seems to not to matter what socio-economic class either; generally then if it's "upper crust/class" it's just a question of a few hundred thousand dollars.  It'll be a classic episode if we find out this guy was living high on the hog on her dime (to include running around), beating her for all his failings, and then killed her for "ruining" his life when she is planning to leave.  This tale is about every 3rd episode.  Money, or lack there of, or even the threat of not having it, can make people absolute monsters.  

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

My wife watches the ID channel all the time, so by default, I do as well.  People kill each other over the most mundane of things, and when money is on the line, oh boy.  It doesn't seem to matter if it's even over a trivial amount, such as a few thousand dollars.  It also seems to not to matter what socio-economic class either; generally then if it's "upper crust/class" it's just a question of a few hundred thousand dollars.  It'll be a classic episode if we find out this guy was living high on the hog on her dime (to include running around), beating her for all his failings, and then killed her for "ruining" his life when she is planning to leave.  This tale is about every 3rd episode.  Money, or lack there of, or even the threat of not having it, can make people absolute monsters.  

Murdaugh-Family-e90854a716884d608fb6fd92

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024/10/14/mobile-command-center-set-up-on-southeast-side-to-search-for-missing-olmos-park-woman-suzanne-clark-simpson/

A search at a southeast Bexar County landfill for evidence in Suzanne Clark Simpson’s disappearance was tied to a sealed search warrant, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The warrant was signed on Saturday after it was filed by the Texas Department of Public Safety, sources told KSAT.

The Texas Department of Public Safety told KSAT that the landfill is one of four areas they searched in connection with Simpson, an Olmos Park mother of four and Realtor who was last seen on Sunday, Oct. 6.

Texas DPS asked KSAT to not reveal the exact location due to the ongoing investigation.

According to Texas DPS, they concluded their search on Monday but will return on Tuesday.

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, being a Kleberg, married to one, and spawn of one, there's at least some significant luck involved, if not winnerness.

To wit:

"The now eighty or so family stockholders split an estimated $27 million in oil royalties in 1997 plus another $9 million in dividends from the King Ranch corporation itself."  Assuming equal ownership, which isn't a good assumption, that's $450k/year for doing nothing, nada, squat, jackshit.

I'm sure the family/heirs and stockholders have grown.  I am equally sure that the dividends have, too.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

They find that lady yet?  Maybe she is just laying low in Cabo or somewhere. 

Latest I read was they're combing a landfill in southeast Bexar County and feel strongly her body or what's left of it is there.

My Alamo Heights coworker has the inside scoop. The neighbor that claimed to hear the argument/screaming is an elderly man, and police are starting to wonder if any of that was even true. The landfill thing is a grasp at straws because they have no idea where she might even be. 

10 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

I work in Alamo Heights and know both Brad & Suzanne and many of their friends, they have been a client of mine for the last 10 years or so, I just spoke with both of them about a week before all of this went down.  Not saying it's right or wrong but this is not what I have heard.  Supposedly they have strong evidence that she was dumped in a Tiger Sanitation dumpster and that is why they have zoned in on that landfill.  I heard from an employee of Tiger Sanitation that this is what they were told yesterday morning, apparently the FBI was there yesterday morning as well, but I haven't 100% confirmed that part.  Who knows but they appear to be very confident that this landfill is where she is, the press release from the Olmos Park Police Chief almost seemed to be patting themselves on the back already, but we'll see. 

Also, their 5 year old child told people at his school that they saw him strike his mom in the face and possibly push her into a wall.  That night, they were witnessed arguing at a birthday party for their friend at the Argyle. She also texted her mother that he had struck her and her mother while being interviewed on the news said that Brad had been abusive and that she was planning on having her come stay with her.  Again, maybe you're right, but seems like an awfully large coincidence that on a night there was verbal and physical altercations confirmed by multiple other sources that a neighbor just happened to imagine them fighting or lie about it that same night. 

Oh there’s no doubt it was an abusive relationship, he was saying they think specifically the neighbor’s story didn’t make sense and wasn’t adding up

42 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

I work in Alamo Heights and know both Brad & Suzanne and many of their friends, they have been a client of mine for the last 10 years or so, I just spoke with both of them about a week before all of this went down.  Not saying it's right or wrong but this is not what I have heard.  Supposedly they have strong evidence that she was dumped in a Tiger Sanitation dumpster and that is why they have zoned in on that landfill.  I heard from an employee of Tiger Sanitation that this is what they were told yesterday morning, apparently the FBI was there yesterday morning as well, but I haven't 100% confirmed that part.  Who knows but they appear to be very confident that this landfill is where she is, the press release from the Olmos Park Police Chief almost seemed to be patting themselves on the back already, but we'll see. 

Also, their 5 year old child told people at his school that they saw him strike his mom in the face and possibly push her into a wall.  That night, they were witnessed arguing at a birthday party for their friend at the Argyle. She also texted her mother that he had struck her and her mother while being interviewed on the news said that Brad had been abusive and that she was planning on having her come stay with her.  Again, maybe you're right, but seems like an awfully large coincidence that on a night there was verbal and physical altercations confirmed by multiple other sources that a neighbor just happened to imagine them fighting or lie about it that same night. 

Fuck

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oaSRMMvrNJauX6ot/

Until Brad chooses to cooperate, we will continue cooperate for him, as we have from the very beginning of this heartbreaking ordeal. This is not how he was raised, and this is not who we are. Our parents instilled in us the values of honoring and protecting others, and they are truly remarkable people.
The devastation this has caused to our family is overwhelming. Brad's refusal to cooperate is unacceptable. My sister and brother-in-law have stepped up to take care of the children, but the impact on our parents has been shattering. Our lives have been irreparably changed.
We will not rest until we find Suzanne.
Barton T. Simpson
Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

I work in Alamo Heights and know both Brad & Suzanne and many of their friends, they have been a client of mine for the last 10 years or so, I just spoke with both of them about a week before all of this went down.

Think you can safely change that to past tense at this point. Hope they weren’t a major client.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

My Alamo Heights coworker has the inside scoop. The neighbor that claimed to hear the argument/screaming is an elderly man, and police are starting to wonder if any of that was even true. The landfill thing is a grasp at straws because they have no idea where she might even be. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Oh there’s no doubt it was an abusive relationship, he was saying they think specifically the neighbor’s story didn’t make sense and wasn’t adding up

You, or your coworker, is full of shit. Guessing it’s just you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, justinjc7 said:

This is exactly what I have heard too. Brad was involved in a construction project and the dumpster was on the work site. At any rate I don’t think there is any hope they find her alive and well so I am hoping this lead pans out and the families can get closure and start putting their lives back together.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Oh fuck. They'll never find her. Who knows where that dumpster was dumped. I actually had to fire my trash company due to inability to regularly pick up trash.

Sometime after she was last seen, so presumably she is at or near the top of the landfill

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Perhaps.  But that's his brother saying that.  Speaks volumes.

Yeah I know, I should have been clearer that he was the one I was quoting.

I understand trying to dogpile him with shame into saying something incriminating, but that kind of shit can backfire. We don't need unforced errors in the form of a stronger "coerced confession" defense.

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oaSRMMvrNJauX6ot/

Until Brad chooses to cooperate, we will continue cooperate for him, as we have from the very beginning of this heartbreaking ordeal. This is not how he was raised, and this is not who we are. Our parents instilled in us the values of honoring and protecting others, and they are truly remarkable people.
The devastation this has caused to our family is overwhelming. Brad's refusal to cooperate is unacceptable. My sister and brother-in-law have stepped up to take care of the children, but the impact on our parents has been shattering. Our lives have been irreparably changed.
We will not rest until we find Suzanne.
Barton T. Simpson

That's admirable. Good for his family.

• Hook 'Em 2