Suzanne Simpson, the disappearing San Antonio realtor (UT alum)

chainsaw

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

But it sure let me know that the person administering the test can interpret anything they want how they want.

CHIEF

Well, yeah.  Lie detector tests don't detect lying.  Never have, never will.  They're just a tool to try to get a confession, or at least a slip-up, out of you. 

I'm sure most of you already know this fun fact: Willam Marston, the inventor of the lie detector test, also created Wonder Woman. Lasso of truth and all that.

On 10/18/2024 at 12:34 PM, statsman said:

Question- the police can take your phone, right? With a subpoena, even if you don’t surrender it voluntarily? Given the damn apps I have noting my (well, the phone’s) location all the time, shouldn’t that pretty well establish whereabouts? What are they going to get from you in an interrogation that they can’t get 90% of from a modern person’s phone? (Besides a false confession)? (I saw a Dallas based Dateline/48 Hours/whatever where the wife of the victim texted the killer just before the murder. Did she think the police wouldn’t see that?)

Off topic, but murder seems really hard these days. Generally any suspect or associate of a victim will be asked to talk to detectives early in a murder. Most of them comply, as most want to help. A subpoena for their phone seems to happens pretty quick.

It's difficult to drive anywhere without being on camera. If you get gas, even if pay in cash, you're toast.

I shut off OnStar almost two years ago. When the temps started dropping, I got a text the other morning, from OnStar, telling me one of my tires dropped to 45 psi. No active account. Hello OnStar.

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Off topic, but murder seems really hard these days. Generally any suspect or associate of a victim will be asked to talk to detectives early in a murder. Most of them comply, as most want to help. A subpoena for their phone seems to happens pretty quick.

It's difficult to drive anywhere without being on camera. If you get gas, even if pay in cash, you're toast.

I shut off OnStar almost two years ago. When the temps started dropping, I got a text the other morning, from OnStar, telling me one of my tires dropped to 45 psi. No active account. Hello OnStar.

That's why Nicole rides her bike without her cellphone on her to Rainey Street.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

The clearance rate nationwide for homicides is something like 50%. In Bexar county (where this occurred) it’s roughly 35% in recent years. It’s very easy to get away with a murder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

The clearance rate nationwide for homicides is something like 50%. In Bexar county (where this occurred) it’s roughly 35% in recent years. It’s very easy to get away with a murder

I bet if the statistics were available, they would show it's very easy to get away with murder as long as the victim isn't a white woman. Particularly one of means. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I bet if the statistics were available, they would show it's very easy to get away with murder as long as the victim isn't a white woman. Particularly one of means. 

I'm sure it's a hell of lot easier statistically to get away with murder when it's completely random. Not so much if/when it's your spouse.

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

It's not like the 70s or early 80s when a dad could take his 12 year-old out hunting hitchhikers. Even if a person doing that leaves their phone and watch at home, and even if they swap license plates, they'll be on a camera somewhere (and even license plate readers which can track locations of the plates), and what few hitchhikers are left (not many), even they have a fucking cell phone that is pinging towers every few minutes.

And people should not even think about taking their kid out hunting people who are hunting hitchhikers. Pretending to be a hitchhiking father and son duo here in 2024 will, again, end up with that person being on a camera, and or the prey's license plates/car being picked up on cameras/license plate readers, or most likely result in somebody calling protective services on the dad for putting his kid in harm's way.

Between this and the DNA bullshit, you'd think the clearance rate would be a lot higher.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not like the 70s or early 80s when a dad could take his 12 year-old out hunting hitchhikers. Even if a person doing that leaves their phone and watch at home, and even if they swap license plates, they'll be on a camera somewhere (and even license plate readers which can track locations of the plates), and what few hitchhikers are left (not many), even they have a fucking cell phone that is pinging towers every few minutes.

And people should not even think about taking their kid out hunting people who are hunting hitchhikers. Pretending to be a hitchhiking father and son duo here in 2024 will, again, end up with that person being on a camera, and or the prey's license plates/car being picked up on cameras/license plate readers, or most likely result in somebody calling protective services on the dad for putting his kid in harm's way.

Between this and the DNA bullshit, you'd think the clearance rate would be a lot higher.

abs GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Off topic, what with the recent discussion of liars beating lie detectors, Wonder Woman, stinky long haired hippies that are now balding, and murder clearance rates, but is there any news concerning the missing woman that this thread is ostensibly about?

We haven’t even gotten to the food talks or compared the carpet to the drapes and you want actual news?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chooky said:

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Just shows how incompetent cops are

Brad's lawyers are punching back.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/suzanne-simpson-brad-simpson-san-antonio-19851951.php

This is interesting:

The last known activity on Suzanne Simpson’s cell phone was at 7:15 a.m. on Oct. 7 near a business parking lot in Olmos Park.

That same day, around 3 p.m., Brad Simpson reported his wife missing after staff members at their 5-year-old daughter’s elementary school called to report that Suzanne had not picked the girl up after school as she usually did.

I just assumed he turned off her phone and destroyed it the night all of this went down, but I guess he/someone tried to make it look like she was alive and active the next day. And maybe I've missed it, but who told the daughter to school?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Chooky said:

Early in the evening of July 3rd I started having a severe a-fib attack and was in bad enough shape to start discussing with Mrs. Brat about calling 911. 
A few minutes later before she even picked up her phone, a Wilco deputy knocked on our front door to ask if someone was having a medical emergency. 
He did say our address was on record of having prior medical emergency calls.
Less than 5 minutes later the Sam Bass FD showed up followed closely by the EMS. 
We did not call any of those folks at all.
We do not have an Alexis, nor have we ever used Siri. 
My pacemaker has a Bluetooth, but the monitor was 30’ away in our bedroom.

Obviously, one of our electronic gadgets is eavesdropping and blabbing to somebody or some computer elsewhere without our knowledge.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Early in the evening of July 3rd I started having a severe a-fib attack and was in bad enough shape to start discussing with Mrs. Brat about calling 911. 
A few minutes later before she even picked up her phone, a Wilco deputy knocked on our front door to ask if someone was having a medical emergency. 
He did say our address was on record of having prior medical emergency calls.
Less than 5 minutes later the Sam Bass FD showed up followed closely by the EMS. 
We did not call any of those folks at all.
We do not have an Alexis, nor have we ever used Siri. 
My pacemaker has a Bluetooth, but the monitor was 30’ away in our bedroom.

Obviously, one of our electronic gadgets is eavesdropping and blabbing to somebody or some computer elsewhere without our knowledge.

Bluetooth can go over 30 feet depending on walls or the lack of them. Sounds like someone in the cloud is tracking your heart rate

• Hook 'Em 2

Neighbor witness sounds full of shit:

Gilmore contended that the neighbor, who lives in a duplex facing the Simpson home, was not credible. He said that if it events had unfolded the way the man recounted, other neighbors would have witnessed the struggle between the Simpsons, or it would have been captured on home security cameras. 

Gilmore also disputed the assertion in the affidavit that the neighbor, after observing the struggle, grabbed a flashlight, went outside to look for the couple and heard screams but did not call 911.

Advertisement

Article continues below this ad

“That doesn't make any sense," the attorney said. "If he was invested enough to get out of his house with a flashlight and follow them into the woods, then he's the kind of person that would be invested enough to then call the police, which he doesn't do. And not only does he not call the police, he doesn't even talk to the police. Once it becomes public knowledge that Suzanne is missing, they don't get a statement from him until the Ranger goes and talks to him.”

11 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

You jest, but sadly this is extremely true.  I read a stat a while ago about Native American missing women and presumed murdered and it was shocking.  

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bluetooth can go over 30 feet depending on walls or the lack of them. Sounds like someone in the cloud is tracking your heart rate

Guessing it was the saying of 911. Otherwise wouldn't they come every time the Brats are having maritals. 

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

You jest, but sadly this is extremely true.  I read a stat a while ago about Native American missing women and presumed murdered and it was shocking.  

Was the whole premise behind the show Alaska Daily. Only lasted a season with Hilary Swank. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cap33 said:

Brad's lawyers are punching back.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/suzanne-simpson-brad-simpson-san-antonio-19851951.php

This is interesting:

I just assumed he turned off her phone and destroyed it the night all of this went down, but I guess he/someone tried to make it look like she was alive and active the next day. And maybe I've missed it, but who told the daughter to school?

Olmos Park guy has a court appointed lawyer? 

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Olmos Park guy has a court appointed lawyer? 

Pretty sure they live(d) in Boerne, but the point remains the same. Boerne is mostly a high cost of living area. 

5 minutes ago, wong said:

Pretty sure they live(d) in Boerne, but the point remains the same. Boerne is mostly a high cost of living area. 

Nevermind, I guess he was just arrested near Boerne. 

• Hook 'Em 1