Suzanne Simpson, the disappearing San Antonio realtor (UT alum)

chainsaw

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Knowing very little about this case, did he kill her or not?  Any plausible alternative?

I don't know all the facts and always wait until I've seen all evidence prior to drawing any sort of final conclusions.

Based on my knowledge there are zero other suspects at this point. The current knowledge/information while not hard clear evidence makes him look pretty bad. It's almost all circumstantial, but I'm guessing there is a lot more the public doesn't know.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Brad Simpson, the husband of missing Olmos Park mother of four Suzanne Clark Simpson, is now facing two additional charges, both of which are felonies. It marks a troubling trend for the father of four, who was the last person seen with his wife before she went missing October 6.

This lead cracks me up. 
precogs GIF by Minority Report

• Hook 'Em 2

I can't believe no one has postulated that this may be a "Gone Girl" situation. This forum is full of dudes, and not one has considered the possibility that this is all a brilliant ploy by this woman to exact revenge on her hapless frat bro husband.  Bunch of misogynists, I tell ya.

Apologies if this has already been brought up.  I didn't read the entire thread, but I did read that silly book.

• Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Dendox said:

why does the article not tell us what the new charges are?  WTF kind of reporting is this?

I thought it could have been the felony for failure to register the short barrel rifle with the ATF, and some combination of giving it to another person/possesion/hiding etc.

3 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I can't believe no one has postulated that this may be a "Gone Girl" situation. This forum is full of dudes, and not one has considered the possibility that this is all a brilliant ploy by this woman to exact revenge on her hapless frat bro husband.  Bunch of misogynists, I tell ya.

Apologies if this has already been brought up.  I didn't read the entire thread, but I did read that silly book.

This isn't the Chris Beard thread.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bookman said:

How do people like this have money? It must be all inherited.

It doesn't take intelligence to make a lot of money. It just takes a single minded focus and a complete lack of integrity and compassion for your fellow man. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I thought it could have been the felony for failure to register the short barrel rifle with the ATF, and some combination of giving it to another person/possesion/hiding etc.

I think he already has charges for that and it’s why the atf is holding him. I think these new ones are related to what his buddy was charged with - hiding a different gun etc

All the San Antonio reporting on this is terrible

45 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Knowing very little about this case, did he kill her or not?  Any plausible alternative?

For the fun of it I just asked ChatGPT to suggest alternatives to the husband in this case.  It gave me 16 options broken into seven categories:

• Personal life issues:
  • Mental health or stress:
  • Financial or professional troubles:
  • Potential outside threats:
  • Character attacks on the investigation
  • The lack of physical evidence
  • Social life and unusual behaviors

Were any of them plausible? (affair, drug use, angry client, etc).  Sure, but with no real details they wouldn't hold water for long.  I assume his legal team needs to find some tiny amount of coincidence or real circumstantial details they can mix one of more with.    If all the State has is circumstantial evidence the bar seems low to craft a plausible alt story.   (Unless the guy is an unlikeable piece-of-shit like Scott Peterson, in which case he's screwed no matter what) 

46 minutes ago, Semmelweis said:

She was by all accounts a great lady, he was sketchy. Easy to see what happened here.

Yep. She's in the Dominican Republic with Tupac working to take down Diddy on the behalf of the Johnson and Johnson cartel. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

58 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just joined today to post on this thread?

And to post anti-vax tweets (or x's or whatever they're called).

32 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I'm surprised our resident True Crime expert hasn't weighed in

She's probably busy.  Anyone been reported missing at Town Lake lately?

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, jdhorn92 said:

Without a doubt.  I read a book recently called Ill Be Gone In The Dark written by Patton Oswalt's wife (name escapes me) about the original GSK; went decades before she solved the case(s).  Random killings collar rate is very low.

Michelle McNamara.

• Hook 'Em 5

KSAT-12 is reporting 53-year-old Brad Simpson, who is being held at the Bexar County Jail on charges of family violence and unlawful restraint and a felony firearms charge. Tuesday, he was charged with tampering/fabricating physical evidence with intent to impair, plus a prohibited weapon-related charge.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

She doesn't seem like the type to do that to her kids.  If she wanted "revenge" she takes the kids, rounds up witnesses, goes to the cops, he's finished.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

For the fun of it I just asked ChatGPT to suggest alternatives to the husband in this case.  It gave me 16 options broken into seven categories:

• Personal life issues:
  • Mental health or stress:
  • Financial or professional troubles:
  • Potential outside threats:
  • Character attacks on the investigation
  • The lack of physical evidence
  • Social life and unusual behaviors

Were any of them plausible? (affair, drug use, angry client, etc).  Sure, but with no real details they wouldn't hold water for long.  I assume his legal team needs to find some tiny amount of coincidence or real circumstantial details they can mix one of more with.    If all the State has is circumstantial evidence the bar seems low to craft a plausible alt story.   (Unless the guy is an unlikeable piece-of-shit like Scott Peterson, in which case he's screwed no matter what) 

Not really following this closely, I asked if there were plausible alternatives and you ChatGPT’ed this. Thanks?

On 10/13/2024 at 7:04 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

If my wife ever goes missing, I will make two statements to the police and they will automatically know that I am not a suspect.

1) I love my wife very much. She's my soulmate, yada, yada, yada.
2) She's the one that organizes all the kids' extracurriculars. You think I'm keeping up with that shit? Look at our phones and look at all the Whatsapp, Teamsnap, and all the other fucking apps we have to keep track of. You think I'm dealing with the team moms? No way, I need her around to do all that.

I would be a free man in five minutes.

I guess this is...reassuring?

J/k, my family is all swamp Cajuns so HornOnTheBayou knows they'd never find his body. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A neighbor told investigators he saw the married couple having a physical altercation outside their home in the 500 block of East Olmos Drive that same Sunday night. From his window, the neighbor says he saw Brad Simpson grabbing his wife by her upper torso to gain control of her body, according to the warrant for the husband’s arrest.

“[The neighbor] stated he observed that Ms. Simpson was attempting to get away from Mr. Simpson’s grasp as he tried to pull her downwards,” the warrant reads. “[The neighbor] told me that he observed that after an approximately 1-minute struggle, both Mr. Simpson and Ms. Simpson were last seen headed westbound from his residence. [The neighbor] advised that it appeared Mr. Simpson was clearly attempting to keep Ms. Simpson from running away.”

The witness told officers he observed the physical altercation between Brad and Suzanne Simpson around 11 p.m. that Sunday night, and that was the last time anyone has seen the mother. The neighbor grabbed a flashlight and attempted to search for the couple but was unsuccessful in locating them.

That’s when the neighbor says he heard two or three loud screams for a wooded area near the Olmos Park homes. Then, about an hour later, he says he saw Brad Simpson start his black 2019 GMC pickup truck and leave the couple’s residence. The husband reportedly returned home a couple hours later.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/suzanne-simpson-brad-simpson-olmos-park-19826931.php

I know we are a palace of degenerates here, but I would think if y’all heard and saw a woman being harmed that you would at the very least call 911. These types of neighbors are always calling the cops bc a suspicious person is in the neighborhood or a suspicious car or someone’s pet is loose. And here this guy is listening and watching what were the final moments of her life most likely and was her only hope and he did nothing. These types of neighbors are always on Nextdoor which is an orgy of racism and this guy didn’t even do the bare minimum. 

I know I’m not a big gal but I’d have called and gone out there with a fucking baseball bat. He was her only hope and he did nothing. Infuriating. Yes her hubby did it. And maybe had help from his work partner. Fuck that neighbor. He went out there with a flashlight and did fuck all else. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

A neighbor told investigators he saw the married couple having a physical altercation outside their home in the 500 block of East Olmos Drive that same Sunday night. From his window, the neighbor says he saw Brad Simpson grabbing his wife by her upper torso to gain control of her body, according to the warrant for the husband’s arrest.

“[The neighbor] stated he observed that Ms. Simpson was attempting to get away from Mr. Simpson’s grasp as he tried to pull her downwards,” the warrant reads. “[The neighbor] told me that he observed that after an approximately 1-minute struggle, both Mr. Simpson and Ms. Simpson were last seen headed westbound from his residence. [The neighbor] advised that it appeared Mr. Simpson was clearly attempting to keep Ms. Simpson from running away.”

The witness told officers he observed the physical altercation between Brad and Suzanne Simpson around 11 p.m. that Sunday night, and that was the last time anyone has seen the mother. The neighbor grabbed a flashlight and attempted to search for the couple but was unsuccessful in locating them.

That’s when the neighbor says he heard two or three loud screams for a wooded area near the Olmos Park homes. Then, about an hour later, he says he saw Brad Simpson start his black 2019 GMC pickup truck and leave the couple’s residence. The husband reportedly returned home a couple hours later.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/suzanne-simpson-brad-simpson-olmos-park-19826931.php

I know we are a palace of degenerates here, but I would think if y’all heard and saw a woman being harmed that you would at the very least call 911. These types of neighbors are always calling the cops bc a suspicious person is in the neighborhood or a suspicious car or someone’s pet is loose. And here this guy is listening and watching what were the final moments of her life most likely and was her only hope and he did nothing. These types of neighbors are always on Nextdoor which is an orgy of racism and this guy didn’t even do the bare minimum. 

I know I’m not a big gal but I’d have called and gone out there with a fucking baseball bat. He was her only hope and he did nothing. Infuriating. Yes her hubby did it. And maybe had help from his work partner. Fuck that neighbor. He went out there with a flashlight and did fuck all else. 

Nancy Grace has entered the chat

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s pretty clear the neighbor was making all of that up. Hope he gets charged on some level for being a dumbass. Doesn’t mean the husband is innocent, but still

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s pretty clear the neighbor was making all of that up. Hope he gets charged on some level for being a dumbass. Doesn’t mean the husband is innocent, but still

I’d like to know the things that are not clear to you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’d like to know the things that are not clear to you. 

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s when the neighbor says he heard two or three loud screams for a wooded area near the Olmos Park homes. 

I think 100 out of 100 people would call the police rather than searching through the woods at 11:00 at night with a flashlight. What the hell are you searching for - a crazy guy with a gun?

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

A quick peek at the bexar CAD show their address to be 520 E Olmos Dr.    There are no houses directly across the street to make viewing viable and the windows in the house on the west side are blocked by the Simpson's house.  So it's the neighbor at 510 (on the right in the picture below) next to them that had to be the one to report it.  Even at 11pm at night that would be easy and clear enough to see in the level of detail the witness reported.   They could still be making it up, but it seems credible.

image.thumb.png.bce3ffee570d0f4c66d754a28ca25b60.png

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I know we are a palace of degenerates here, but I would think if y’all heard and saw a woman being harmed that you would at the very least call 911. These types of neighbors are always calling the cops bc a suspicious person is in the neighborhood or a suspicious car or someone’s pet is loose

My senior year in high school, I was driving back from a party with some buddies in my truck about 12 AM. There was a curve in the road and as I drove into the curve my headlights lit up a parking lot where I saw a guy shove a women full force about 5 feet where she fell onto her back. It took a couple of seconds to realize what happened when I drove over the curb and into a field next to the parking lot to turn around towards the parking lot.

Driving across the field towards the parking lot I started honking and my friend stuck his head out the window yelling "Dude, we are going to fuck you up."

Unfortunately, both the abusive guy and the women were freaked out and started running to a car where they jumped in and drove off. Small chase ensued but I pulled off once they got on the highway.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I think 100 out of 100 people would call the police rather than searching through the woods at 11:00 at night with a flashlight. What the hell are you searching for - a crazy guy with a gun?

I’m not sure I agree with 100 out of 100. I would say 90.