Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

29 minutes ago, statsman said:

This was great, because it showed how lost OU is right now. 

Who is their QB next year? Hawkins? Someone else?

Who is their OC next year? What offensive scheme? Do they have the personnel for the desired scheme and OC?

Who is their HC in two years?

There may be answers to these questions, but they won’t be easy, and they’re killers if they get them wrong. 

All good questions.  We know it won't be  Arnold.  They poured a tanker full of gas on that bridge and lit it on fire today.  So they either ride with this WR at QB or go portal.  But what portal QB is going to come play with this OL and OC?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Ass whooping.  BS hold cost us 7.  Quinn being off cost us another 14.  I expect he will play much better next weekend. 

Quinn should be the starter.  But I actually think Manning matches up against OU better.  He would have punked them deep multiple times.  

I really hate the Manning vs Quinn arguments, but one thing that was undeniable is that Quinn doesn't have Manning's wheels. There were a few scrambles where there was big yardage ahead if quinn had been just a tiny bit faster.

All that said, one thing to factor in is how Manning would have handle the crowd. He was great at Isidore Newman, but he struggled in games in big stadiums with big crowds. I'm sure he's grown compared to then, but RRS crowds can get in your head.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

11 hours ago, Mez2 said:

Zero rizz

No cap. 

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A few thoughts on the game. First, there was no way I was going to visit the game thread during the game. That apparently ended up being my best decision of the day. 

Second, Texas played well but with some mistakes. And they basically shut down the offense in the second half to establish the run and run clock.  This score could have been way way worse. No reason to worry about Quin at this point. He could have done a lot more damage to OU if Sark had kept the pedal down, but he’s thinking about Georgia next week. Smart. 

As for OU, wtf? They chase away a guy who’s now leading Oregon to probably the B1G title. They replace him with a guy we all knew wasn’t a five star QB. But they treated him like one. Then, rather than develop him, they toss him aside for a true freshman that is nowhere near ready to play. This Texas defense was great, but that OU offense is a disaster. Georgia will be a much better gauge of the quality of the D. 

Overall, that went just like it needed to go. Bring on Georgia. 

I guess people will wait to see what the D does against Georgia then the next team up and so on, but regardless this D is fucking legit, and FAFO if you don’t respect them. This D is fast and those stretch plays that work against other teams are smothered by the Texas D. They are disruptive and force you to be disciplined and take chances. As good as the O can be, the D is just as salty. 

8 hours ago, troph said:

That was a total “oof” moment. My mom and I were watching and she was too mad and ranting to hear it and I had already come to the conclusion 3 was it for them at least on offense and then he said the quiet part out loud on TV - OU really sucks. It was awesome.

oh and down 5 receivers well Texas is down 3 RBs and not making excuses. Fuck OU. 

Your Mom and my mom must be cut from the same cloth. My 74yr old southern belle momma was yelling at the tv pissed off that OU had a chance to score with seconds left and the game all but over, while my dad and I were basking in the assured victory. Hate week lasts all year to her. 😂🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I really hate the Manning vs Quinn arguments, but one thing that was undeniable is that Quinn doesn't have Manning's wheels. There were a few scrambles where there was big yardage ahead if quinn had been just a tiny bit faster.

All that said, one thing to factor in is how Manning would have handle the crowd. He was great at Isidore Newman, but he struggled in games in big stadiums with big crowds. I'm sure he's grown compared to then, but RRS crowds can get in your head.

The difference right now is we have seen Quinn light it up vs good defenses in places like Tuscaloosa and Ann Arbor. Arch hasn’t seen a competent defense or hostile environment yet.  I have hopes for Arch, but his ability to play high level college defenses is still an unknown. That isn’t excusing Quinn. He looked like freshman Quinn yesterday. His footwork and pocket presence were terrible. He can’t come out like that vs Georgia or we may find out how Arch looks vs a good defense. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The difference right now is we have seen Quinn light it up vs good defenses in places like Tuscaloosa and Ann Arbor. Arch hasn’t seen a competent defense or hostile environment yet.  I have hopes for Arch, but his ability to play high level college defenses is still an unknown. That isn’t excusing Quinn. He looked like freshman Quinn yesterday. His footwork and pocket presence were terrible. He can’t come out like that vs Georgia or we may find out how Arch looks vs a good defense. 

I completely agree with everything you said. But really, we should all step back and admire that we are having this "problem" where people can't tell which of our generational talent QBs is the best. What a fucking reversal from the days of GG or Case McCoy. FWIW I prefer we roll with Quinn this season. Even VY had "down" days, like his last game against aggy that probably lost him the heisman.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Good lord she is incredible. 

Absolutely smoking hot. Love the #1 too.

EDIT: Holy shit, I read about this just now. She said on stage: “What do you think? See how alluring I am to all you guys?"

Ridiculously hot NGL