Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

• Pancho unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Didn’t get why they hired him and only guess that Sooner thought Dabo’s success rubbed off on him.  

He might be their Charlie Strong and this isn't the Big 12 where they can roll out and out-talent the other side. At this point, their talent is not very good. There wasn't a single position yesterday other than holder where OU had a better player than us. Given South Carolina took Alabama to the brink in Tuscaloosa, I don't think OU is a given to win next weekend. Then they will get throttled by Ole Miss. Mizzou is a tossup. Alabama and LSU will destroy them. Their last win could be Maine if they don't beat South Carolina this Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He might be their Charlie Strong and this isn't the Big 12 where they can roll out and out-talent the other side. At this point, their talent is not very good. There wasn't a single position yesterday other than holder where OU had a better player than us. Given South Carolina took Alabama to the brink in Tuscaloosa, I don't think OU is a given to win next weekend. Then they will get throttled by Ole Miss. Mizzou is a tossup. Alabama and LSU will destroy them. Their last win could be Maine if they don't beat South Carolina this Saturday. 

I actually think OU might still have some voodoo over MIzzou. I could see them somehow winning that game simply due to regression to mean.

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Ass whooping.  BS hold cost us 7.  Quinn being off cost us another 14.  I expect he will play much better next weekend. 

Quinn should be the starter.  But I actually think Manning matches up against OU better.  He would have punked them deep multiple times.  

OU got blown out by a less than sharp Texas team.  And it wasn't due to OU's pressure defense. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, utee94 said:

Mizzou only scored 10 against the ags and although they have some talent on the d-line, that's NOT a good defense.  OU could certainly win that game.

I also don't think all that much of LSU or Ole Miss.  Those aren't guaranteed losses for the sooners, either.

Honestly I think the ags might be right-- Texas really did destroy the SEC by joining.

who would have thought a team with winning records over basically every team in the conference except vandy would fuck their shit up haha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

They can't score enough to beat LSU or Ole Miss.  If Mizzou doesn't shoot themselves in the dick every drive, that's probably also a loss.  South Carolina's D is going to feast on them.  Hawkins will look a lot like he did in the Cotton Bowl because they have a nasty Dline.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was just thinking about how much WR talent Texas has. Imagine another team losing a 1st/2nd round talent to injury and bringing in a more talented WR. Not sure where Wingo is with the playbook and the nuances of the position, but with the ball in his hands you don’t miss any playmaking ability. You may gain some with the ball in the air and blocking 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They can't score enough to beat LSU or Ole Miss.  If Mizzou doesn't shoot themselves in the dick every drive, that's probably also a loss.  South Carolina's D is going to feast on them.  Hawkins will look a lot like he did in the Cotton Bowl because they have a nasty Dline.

I don’t know how OU fixes the offense. The OL is bad. They have no WRs. The one playmaker at RB (Tatum) can not block (not unusual for freshmen) and with an OL that struggles in pass pro it is hard to get him minutes. The QB holds the ball way too long and has his eyes on the rush, instead of down field. Good luck developing him in that environment. Even if you get a WR or 2 back, I am not sure this will be anything but a C- offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Hawkin isn't going to make it through the season.  Came up gimpy a few times yesterday.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I really hate the Manning vs Quinn arguments, but one thing that was undeniable is that Quinn doesn't have Manning's wheels. There were a few scrambles where there was big yardage ahead if quinn had been just a tiny bit faster.

All that said, one thing to factor in is how Manning would have handle the crowd. He was great at Isidore Newman, but he struggled in games in big stadiums with big crowds. I'm sure he's grown compared to then, but RRS crowds can get in your head.

I think Quinn has some speed but on some of those runs you were talking about he was a little to hesitant to take off and that cost him yards as well. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Hawkins will give some teams fits running as well.  Not every team has Hill/Gbenda/Lefau.

I know we are a fast defense but didn’t realize we were that fast until we were stretching Hawkins to the sideline with ends and linebackers on his runs. Just incredible to see us be that fast when in years past we’d be torched on some of that stuff 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Look and laugh at this little shitbag

So Billy quit or sucked?  Saying you gifted a 31 point win means both, but stating you sucked in an attempt to say the Longhorns didn't earn it is chef's kiss.  And that last Ewers run for a score on his worst day was a Billy Bowman special.  Did you quit on that play or just suck?         

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

So Billy quit or sucked?  Saying you gifted a 31 point win means both, but stating you sucked in an attempt to say the Longhorns didn't earn it is chef's kiss.  And that last Ewers run for a score on his worst day was a Billy Bowman special.  Did you quit on that play or just suck?         

Don’t waste your time trying to justify fucking morons. They didn’t gift us shit. We crushed their will to live in this game. Fuck ou 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Brent : Littrell

Charlie : Shawn

It's funny how similar Brent's OU program resembles Texas under Strong. They do no have QB. Their OC is shit. The offense is shit. They can't recruit for shit. Their D is better than average. 

Brent is going to fire his OC. Unlike Strong, Brent may be able to pull a QB out of the portal. Even with that it'll take a few years for the O to click. They are going to be shit for awhile. 

Sark is building the foundations of a dynasty. They are going to be our bitches for a few years, hopefully decades. 

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Didn’t get why they hired him and only guess that Sooner thought Dabo’s success rubbed off on him.  

People there loved him from his previous tenure as DC. Both players and personnel. The issue is he can’t actually do the job.

Edited by hobbes2702