Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

I know we are a fast defense but didn’t realize we were that fast until we were stretching Hawkins to the sideline with ends and linebackers on his runs. Just incredible to see us be that fast when in years past we’d be torched on some of that stuff 

Yeah same. Hill shot out of a cannon to get him. I was like okay the defense is legit legit. We haven’t been fast like this since???
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Quoting you just because it's the most recent post along these lines. I wonder if this Texas team is just so good that we're making decent teams look horrendous. Colorado State is 3-3. ULM is 5-1(!). Mississippi State just gave Georgia all they can handle. 

Part of it is that as fans we can see that this team still hasn't fully clicked but we're still destroying teams so they must be completely awful. But what this post presupposes is, what if they aren't? 

best Texas defense statistically through 6 in what, 70 years or some shit like that?  Yeah, we might have a really, really good football team. 34 points against our main rival in what seemed like a sleep walked game. yet 5th largest margin of victory against them in series history?  just routine running and flare passes and a few to the TE for a "never in doubt" win. I've said it multiple times, Kirk did on the broadcast, OU wasn't going to score again after the end of the first quarter. This team is dominant, evidenced by okay play with scores like 35-13 and 34-3. Hopefully after next week that will be crystal clear to the whole country.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 8

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Quoting you just because it's the most recent post along these lines. I wonder if this Texas team is just so good that we're making decent teams look horrendous. Colorado State is 3-3. ULM is 5-1(!). Mississippi State just gave Georgia all they can handle. 

Part of it is that as fans we can see that this team still hasn't fully clicked but we're still destroying teams so they must be completely awful. But what this post presupposes is, what if they aren't? 

Oh our defense had way more to do with it but I don't think OU has that much talent on offense in general. Hawkins is their best weapon but if he can't score then OU is buried. Maybe they'll do better once they get some receivers back but I think they're going to face too many teams with better offenses than their own. 

Moar tears

That douche complained about officiating. Late hit on sliding QB not called. Blocks called holds because blocker is strong and blockee is a pussy? All that holding not called for most of the game and especially late? Facemask grabs not called? Bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

One thing that to me shows how program trajectories are so different is on the fumble into the endzone that Texas recovered for a TD. 

100% of time in years past the Sooners fall on that for a touchback and all scream about “Sooner Magic”. 

This year Texas falls on it and scores. Even luck has left the Sooners, and I am 100% here for it. 

Barry Switzer’s 50 year deal with the devil expired last year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Anthony Hill is our worst player. Holy shit. I hope he enjoyed those 2 sacks, 11 total tackles, 7 solo tackles, and 3.5 tackles for a loss that our worst player got on his team. 

And a forced fumble.  Somebody needs to tweet him the Jordan and I took that personally gif.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

So Billy quit or sucked?  Saying you gifted a 31 point win means both, but stating you sucked in an attempt to say the Longhorns didn't earn it is chef's kiss.  And that last Ewers run for a score on his worst day was a Billy Bowman special.  Did you quit on that play or just suck?         

There was somebody on this thread who yesterday who said "Fuck Ketch for saying that Taafe is better than Bowman only to see Bowman grab an INT right off the bat."   And then Taafe went on to have a much, MUCH better game than Bowman. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

He might be their Charlie Strong and this isn't the Big 12 where they can roll out and out-talent the other side. At this point, their talent is not very good. There wasn't a single position yesterday other than holder where OU had a better player than us. Given South Carolina took Alabama to the brink in Tuscaloosa, I don't think OU is a given to win next weekend. Then they will get throttled by Ole Miss. Mizzou is a tossup. Alabama and LSU will destroy them. Their last win could be Maine if they don't beat South Carolina this Saturday. 

Their punter was better. They should have had him punt on first down every time  

53 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This was my favorite Ikard post from the week.  Attack 0.  The guy that had 11 tackles and 3.5 for loss. 

Gabe is a moron. Ant Hill was incredible yesterday. 

51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Anthony Hill is our worst player. Holy shit. I hope he enjoyed those 2 sacks, 11 total tackles, 7 solo tackles, and 3.5 tackles for a loss that our worst player got on his team. 

Yup. I turned to my wife and said I haven’t seen a LB this strong at Texas since Derrick Johnson and Ant should be wearing 60. Gabe sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I love this part of the season. Because it's the obvious antidote to the "they haven't played anybody yet" nonsense. You don't know until week 4-6 who is who. And our resume just keeps looking better (much like last year imo).

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yup. I turned to my wife and said I haven’t seen a LB this strong at Texas since Derrick Johnson and Ant should be wearing 60. Gabe sucks. 

I think you are right about that. Not many contenders, honestly. Kindle maxed out when they spun him down to end full time in 09. Muckelroy was really solid but probably not this impactful. Jordan Hicks was very good, but he struggled to stay healthy and I’ve blocked those teams out. Gary Johnson was pretty good his final year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Their punter was better. They should have had him punt on first down every time  

Gabe is a moron. Ant Hill was incredible yesterday. 

Ant can join the likes of Breckyn Hager wearing 60 

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I think you are right about that. Not many contenders, honestly. Kindle maxed out when they spun him down to end full time in 09. Muckelroy was really solid but probably not this impactful. Jordan Hicks was very good, but he struggled to stay healthy and I’ve blocked those teams out. Gary Johnson was pretty good his final year.

Probably?