Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

There was somebody on this thread who yesterday who said "Fuck Ketch for saying that Taafe is better than Bowman only to see Bowman grab an INT right off the bat."   And then Taafe went on to have a much, MUCH better game than Bowman. 

Was that Taafe’s first career sack? That was beautiful 

6 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I completely agree with everything you said. But really, we should all step back and admire that we are having this "problem" where people can't tell which of our generational talent QBs is the best. What a fucking reversal from the days of GG or Case McCoy. FWIW I prefer we roll with Quinn this season. Even VY had "down" days, like his last game against aggy that probably lost him the heisman.

Arch will start at Ohio State next fall….that’s gonna be great!   Get on board!

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Michael Taafee being better than Billy Bowman is the funniest thing from this weekend. 

So beautiful with how much that shithead runs his mouth. 

When there's a borderline D1 kid at Westlake you fucking take him and worry about the rest later.

Zane Minors isn't toting the rock at all really but is on scholarship and part of the RB room at SMU. Which is not a super easy room to crack. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Great downfield blocking by Wingo.

Everyone is creaming their pants over Jeremiah Smith but give me Wingo all day, every day. He’s a truckload of a human that is fast and has jaws as hands. And he isn’t above throwing blocks, something Mr. Smith wasn’t doing last night all too well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, horn009 said:

I wonder if OU will keep Venables around for another year if they end up with a losing record. 

Was also wondering how long their tolerance for BV will be. For two out of the three years, his teams vs Texas have been pretty terrible. How on earth can a program like OU field teams with a hopeless offense? I've never seen an OU team with so little firepower. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Was also wondering how long their tolerance for BV will be. For two out of the three years, his teams vs Texas have been pretty terrible. How on earth can a program like OU field teams with a hopeless offense? I've never seen an OU team with so little firepower. 

They look like Strong's teams did on offense in most games. I guess that comes with the territory of hiring a defensive-minded head coach. It's why I think that the days of defensive coaches making good head coaches are coming to an end. I think that only offensive coaches will be considered for head coaching roles in the near future.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, horn009 said:

They look like Strong's teams did on offense in most games. I guess that comes with the territory of hiring a defensive-minded head coach. It's why I think that the days of defensive coaches making good head coaches are coming to an end. I think that only offensive coaches will be considered for head coaching roles in the near future.

The hatred the OU fans on DirtBurglers are sharing for their offensive coordinator is pretty fun right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Trust the Elk.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

From DirtBurglers

"Bob and Joe C are the ones to blame for this current mess. They are the ones that passed on Dan Lanning so that they could hire their buddy. Did anyone watch the Oregon name last night and say to themselves, “man, I’m glad OU hired BV over Dan Lanning?” sooner0017

Quinn7.jpg

The dirtburglers football forum looks a lot like this one did during the Strong years.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Their entire starting WR corps is out with injury. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, immamac said:

Their entire starting WR corps is out with injury. 

Agreeing w @Huckleberry here. It sure looked like their problems are much deeper than injuries. BV is responsible for the horrible mess at QB. Do we even really know why Dillon Gabriel left the program? Aside from Farook, what other offensive players really scared you?  They sure seem like a mess. 

• Hook 'Em 2