Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 hour ago, Texasborn91 said:

If we get B+ Quinn we drop 50 easily. So many missed throws. Another ass kicking of the highest order. During the replay last night I got to thinking about how little we hear our corners names getting called out. That’s a good thing. They are locking shit down. 

Babers on OTF said so far teams aren't challenging Malik and Barron... looks like the safeties, Guilbeau, and LBs are the easier Texas targets to throw against. 

When Holmes is on the field, teams are trying to throw on him.

Remember, they had 2 fucking weeks to prepare for this game. What the fuck did they practice on those 2 weeks?

"Everyone, we'll do a uber fake and pull the whole Oline left and then run the running back run to the right edge where he has absolutely no blocking. Texas D was not defensively sound for the ONE play against MSU so we're gonna gash them."

Edited by crash_davis

24 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Remember, they had 2 fucking weeks to prepare for this game. What the fuck did they practice on those 2 weeks?

"Everyone, we'll do a uber fake and pull the whole Oline left and then run the running back run to the right edge where he has absolutely no blocking. Texas D was not defensively sound for the ONE play against MSU so we're gonna gash them."

Before the two weeks of practice, Michael Hawkins was running pointlessly out of bounds 10 yards behind the LOS instead of 3.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Need him to stop the hurdling. He’s too valuable to lose.  His ascendancy— to being better than Sanders — is not something I expected.  He’s as good as any tight end I’ve seen at Texas.  

player development for some I personally wasn’t expecting major things from has been huge for this team. Helm. Broughton.  Wisner.  Gbenda.  Taafe.  

All like found money. 

Harkens me back to the days of David Thomas.  They both play with the salt of the earth attitude and a fire in their belly.   It's like they play for the fun of playing more than the accolades.  

And you are right, hurdling all the sudden is back to Wow status throughout the college game.  Been noticing quite a bit more of it this year than in the past.

I know this is game over and we are looking at UGA now but OU needs to fire SL now. 3 and 2 and he calls this what the fuck design play.

LG and LT pull to the right, I assume to block the backside pursuit. RB and 1 lead blocker run to the vacated space. Never mind the fucking hold on Burke. This play is/was NEVER going to work. They ran something similar at least another 2 times that I can remember, where they pull the guard and tackle to the opposite side that the bull carrier is running. The play is never going to work with a fundamentally sound D because they are outnumbered at the point of attack. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes they're hoping the LBs are keying on the guard and/or tackle and overstep to the pulling direction. It's a pretty stupid play design, though, it's basically admitting you can't compete and hoping to get lucky. 

The problem is they went back to this at least twice and it never worked. Texas D is sound. After the first time I'd be like, OK these fuckers aren't falling for it, throw that play away. But no....

Later in the game, they ran it on another 3rd down play which failed miserably and Herbstreit went into detail about the dumbassery of the design. 

Even Shawn Watson would laugh at that play design.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I know this is game over and we are looking at UGA now but OU needs to fire SL now. 3 and 2 and he calls this what the fuck design play.

LG and LT pull to the right, I assume to block the backside pursuit. RB and 1 lead blocker run to the vacated space. Never mind the fucking hold on Burke. This play is/was NEVER going to work. They ran something similar at least another 2 times that I can remember, where they pull the guard and tackle to the opposite side that the bull carrier is running. The play is never going to work with a fundamentally sound D because they are outnumbered at the point of attack. 

I am wondering if this should have been a ZR aspect on this play and could eventually be tied into in some form of combo RPO combination later on.

If the QB pulls that and runs the ball as the read and follows 76 who should be lining up to block 5, this puts the QB in a footrace with 11 for the edge and first down.

Pause it at 49:20. Texas is still in a solid position to stop the play, but it goes from a massive loss to Hawkins in a footrace.

So did Hawkins blow the read or did OU call it a straight run to take the decision out of Hawkins hands.

Collin Simmons played so fucking smart not speed rushing like he normally does but played the edge so damn well for a freshmen. All of our edge guys and linebackers did. So refreshing to see.

I think Littrell looked a little too hard into that Miss St game film and tried to do too much of what Miss St did to be "successful"

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

BTW, can I get a big "Fuck You" to Sooner #50 who shoved Bolden for no reason when Bolden was heading for the Texas sideline following his punt return at about 50:15 of that video posted above?  Fuck that guy.

They were doing that shit all day. The one instance where the Texas o-line took offense to their bullshit hit on ewers after he slid (maybe #50 again?), the cunts tucked tail like the bitches they are. 

fuck ou

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

There's a video out there of Venables screaming "leave no doubt.  Last year there was doubt.  This year leave no doubt"   Well they certainly did that.

See?  No way they can fire him, he's a very effective coach and his team completely listened and enacted his message.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

They were doing that shit all day. The one instance where the Texas o-line took offense to their bullshit hit on ewers after he slid (maybe #50 again?), the cunts tucked tail like the bitches they are. 

fuck ou

Pretty obvious cheap shot by #3 on Ewers a couple of yards into the end zone on his TD run. 

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=41759309

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I am wondering if this should have been a ZR aspect on this play and could eventually be tied into in some form of combo RPO combination later on.

If the QB pulls that and runs the ball as the read and follows 76 who should be lining up to block 5, this puts the QB in a footrace with 11 for the edge and first down.

Pause it at 49:20. Texas is still in a solid position to stop the play, but it goes from a massive loss to Hawkins in a footrace.

So did Hawkins blow the read or did OU call it a straight run to take the decision out of Hawkins hands.

It think it's by design. They ran it a 2nd time for a short 2 yard gain. This is the 3rd time they ran a similar type play. This is where Herbstreit questions what the fuck the play was supposed to do. This time, there is no lead block. It's the back against 3 defenders. 

The amazing this is that they had to have practiced this play in the 2 weeks leading up to this game. Did the OU defense fall for this shit? BV thought, damn you fooled my D, it's a great 3rd down play?

Sounds like something from the water boy. He fakes left, no he fakes faking left, he thinks about faking.
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It think it's by design. They ran it a 2nd time for a short 2 yard gain. This is the 3rd time they ran a similar type play. This is where Herbstreit questions what the fuck the play was supposed to do. This time, there is no lead block. It's the back against 3 defenders. 

The amazing this is that they had to have practiced this play in the 2 weeks leading up to this game. Did the OU defense fall for this shit? BV thought, damn you fooled my D, it's a great 3rd down play?

The more I watch these, the more I feel like this is trying to get this formation on tape and getting Hawkins reps for the potential wrinkles with it. They just didn't feel confident to allow him to make the read on his own. 

On all three of these calls, if you move it from a straight handoff to a ZR or RPO it becomes a much more dangerous play.

Also, this formation is where OU had several wide-open looks that Hawkins just missed on.

Funny enough, I think Littrell is taking more heat than he probably deserves. It is obvious that Hawkins is super athletic, but not ready and Littrell scaled down (and majorly changed) the O to try and make him successful against Texas. It looks like they installed what they could for him and someone made the decision to limit the amount of calls/thinking Hawkins got to make. It is almost like they said, primary and secondary read and then run on all passes, no RPOs and all LZs are precalled as either a handoff or QB run all the way upstairs.

35 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I would say absolutely they fell for it, and I base this on how when Sarkisian went to misdirection to open the run game, it opened up the run game.

21 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The more I watch these, the more I feel like this is trying to get this formation on tape and getting Hawkins reps for the potential wrinkles with it. They just didn't feel confident to allow him to make the read on his own. 

On all three of these calls, if you move it from a straight handoff to a ZR or RPO it becomes a much more dangerous play.

Also, this formation is where OU had several wide-open looks that Hawkins just missed on.

Funny enough, I think Littrell is taking more heat than he probably deserves. It is obvious that Hawkins is super athletic, but not ready and Littrell scaled down (and majorly changed) the O to try and make him successful against Texas. It looks like they installed what they could for him and someone made the decision to limit the amount of calls/thinking Hawkins got to make. It is almost like they said, primary and secondary read and then run on all passes, no RPOs and all LZs are precalled as either a handoff or QB run all the way upstairs.

Littrell is an Air Raid guy trying to run Lebby's Veer and Shoot. Venables likes the Veer and Shoot, but hated Lebby and Dillon Gabriel running it. The only reason Joe Jon Finley is on the coaching staff is because Venables wants to run some hybrid of the AR and VS, which is stupid because there aren't many similiarities between the two. According to the post game podcasts I've seen Littrell spent the off week trying to install more AR concepts for Hawkins, which simplifies things for the QB.

Edited by HtownHorn

25 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I can see your reasoning for RPO practice but that particular play, there is no receiver on that side of the field. There was never a P in that RPO option. Basically the play called for the running back to run against the unblocked edge, the unblocked LB and the CB with absolutely zero WR coverage responsibilities. All that play did was practice for Hawkins handing off to the RB. Even if the edge crashed down on the RB, that left Hawkins against the LB and CB. That play goes no where 100 out of 100 times.

So again, what the fuck was that play design? And why did BV allow that shit to be even make to any playbook?

Edited by crash_davis