Texas vs ou - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

They were doing that shit all day. The one instance where the Texas o-line took offense to their bullshit hit on ewers after he slid (maybe #50 again?), the cunts tucked tail like the bitches they are. 

fuck ou

That has been OU's MO in the RRS for about as long as I can remember. It's like anything else (holding, PI, etc.), they do it until they get checked either by refs or players, and the refs have always let the chit fly until a Texas player responds. They're trying to intimidate and punk the players. About time someone like Cam Williams said, "Oh, Hell No!" to that BS. Same as was required in Michigan and probably again in Fayetteville too.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

That has been OU's MO in the RRS for about as long as I can remember. It's like anything else (holding, PI, etc.), they do it until they get checked either by refs or players, and the refs have always let the chit fly until a Texas player responds. They're trying to intimidate and punk the players. About time someone like Cam Williams said, "Oh, Hell No!" to that BS. Same as was required in Michigan and probably again in Fayetteville too.

Told my buddy when it happened that no matter how many personal fouls it took, defending 3 was the right thing to do and as long as OL weren’t kicked out kick their ass.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I know this is game over and we are looking at UGA now but OU needs to fire SL now. 3 and 2 and he calls this what the fuck design play.

LG and LT pull to the right, I assume to block the backside pursuit. RB and 1 lead blocker run to the vacated space. Never mind the fucking hold on Burke. This play is/was NEVER going to work. They ran something similar at least another 2 times that I can remember, where they pull the guard and tackle to the opposite side that the bull carrier is running. The play is never going to work with a fundamentally sound D because they are outnumbered at the point of attack. 

It would have worked if they had established a power running game and were picking up chunk yards, forcing the defense to over-react to stop the bleeding. They skipped the establishing a run game part and jumped right to the over-reacting part, which, for some mysterious reason not covered in their copy of "Offensive game planning for Dummies," didn't work.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

The more I watch these, the more I feel like this is trying to get this formation on tape and getting Hawkins reps for the potential wrinkles with it. They just didn't feel confident to allow him to make the read on his own. 

On all three of these calls, if you move it from a straight handoff to a ZR or RPO it becomes a much more dangerous play.

Also, this formation is where OU had several wide-open looks that Hawkins just missed on.

Funny enough, I think Littrell is taking more heat than he probably deserves. It is obvious that Hawkins is super athletic, but not ready and Littrell scaled down (and majorly changed) the O to try and make him successful against Texas. It looks like they installed what they could for him and someone made the decision to limit the amount of calls/thinking Hawkins got to make. It is almost like they said, primary and secondary read and then run on all passes, no RPOs and all LZs are precalled as either a handoff or QB run all the way upstairs.

this is some Greg Davis level bullshit justification right here and I'm here for it

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

this is some Greg Davis level bullshit justification right here and I'm here for it

I can’t believe that Litrell, who was a very hit OC name until he failed as HC in the coaching graveyard that is UNT, completely forgot how to be an OC and evolved into this level of ineptitude. 

He can and has employed functional offensive game planning and decent in game play calling before. So either he has devolved due to continued meth use (being a former OU guy that is plausible) or he is handcuffed due to BVs expected scheme and/or a QB that they can’t trust to make his own reads in the RPO/ZR game.

13 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I can’t believe that Litrell, who was a very hit OC name until he failed as HC in the coaching graveyard that is UNT, completely forgot how to be an OC and evolved into this level of ineptitude. 

He can and has employed functional offensive game planning and decent in game play calling before. So either he has devolved due to continued meth use (being a former OU guy that is plausible) or he is handcuffed due to BVs expected scheme and/or a QB that they can’t trust to make his own reads in the RPO/ZR game.

Looking at his resume, I suspect he may have been the beneficiary of some offensive-minded head coaches.

And if he's running raw Leach Spread shit, that offense has more or less been figured out by DC's if it doesn't include a well-designed run game.

And as we're seeing from some of these clips, OU's run game is not very well designed.

I hope BV gives him an extension and a raise.

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Looking at his resume, I suspect he may have been the beneficiary of some offensive-minded head coaches.

And if he's running raw Leach Spread shit, that offense has more or less been figured out by DC's if it doesn't include a well-designed run game.

And as we're seeing from some of these clips, OU's run game is not very well designed.

I hope BV gives him an extension and a raise.

He was touted as a guy who took the AR and added a heavy run component to it. He has had several top 25 offenses (I think he even had one at UNT) with a strong run game.

The thing is he also had much better QBs vs the standard D of his competition. So is he a Peter Principal guy who kept getting lucky by landing someplace that had a legit QB talent and needed structure or his system was solid? The fact that he had multiple 1k rushers, its pretty safe to say he is not a pure Air Raid guy like Riley. He has some plan in the run game, but watching OU I am not sure what the hell they are doing.  It doesn't help that their RB room is abject garbage, so the only real dynamic game-breaker running the ball is Hawkins.

Did they decide that trying to be "cute" with weird misdirection was their only chance since the OL can't get drive? Is this a mishmash of Letrell's stuff, Lebby's stuff, and Bedenbaugh input as the senior guy on the offensive side of the ball?

My personal view is that  BV decide that he didn't want to let Hawkins's mistakes lose the game for them and so they limited his decisions.

30 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

He was touted as a guy who took the AR and added a heavy run component to it. He has had several top 25 offenses (I think he even had one at UNT) with a strong run game.

The thing is he also had much better QBs vs the standard D of his competition. So is he a Peter Principal guy who kept getting lucky by landing someplace that had a legit QB talent and needed structure or his system was solid? The fact that he had multiple 1k rushers, its pretty safe to say he is not a pure Air Raid guy like Riley. He has some plan in the run game, but watching OU I am not sure what the hell they are doing.  It doesn't help that their RB room is abject garbage, so the only real dynamic game-breaker running the ball is Hawkins.

Did they decide that trying to be "cute" with weird misdirection was their only chance since the OL can't get drive? Is this a mishmash of Letrell's stuff, Lebby's stuff, and Bedenbaugh input as the senior guy on the offensive side of the ball?

My personal view is that  BV decide that he didn't want to let Hawkins's mistakes lose the game for them and so they limited his decisions.

1. Never trust an OC's record when he's had an NFL caliber QB.

2. Never trust a DC's record when he's had NFL caliber LBs.

😁

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

they need to move Watkins to safety

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

What was up with Cook? Injured? I don’t recall seeing him. 

Played 4 snaps.

If you had to rank our receivers he’s probably the 5th or 6th option right now. I’m not taking Bond, Golden, Moore or Wingo off the field for him as things currently stand.

I’ve heard in the past he isn’t the best practice player, which is problematic when you are in a room that talented and do stuff like drop wide open touchdowns in games. Hopefully he turns it around but hard to argue with his playing time based on what we’ve seen.

I am wondering if this should have been a ZR aspect on this play and could eventually be tied into in some form of combo RPO combination later on.
If the QB pulls that and runs the ball as the read and follows 76 who should be lining up to block 5, this puts the QB in a footrace with 11 for the edge and first down.
Pause it at 49:20. Texas is still in a solid position to stop the play, but it goes from a massive loss to Hawkins in a footrace.
So did Hawkins blow the read or did OU call it a straight run to take the decision out of Hawkins hands.

I’m taking 11 to win that.

1 minute ago, BurgleBro said:

What's the story here

How many snaps was he getting 

Not sure on the snaps, but when he went in on a tackle a sooner hit his helmet and his neck and head was hit in the dirt causing him to mess his neck up. I want to say it was the 3rd quarter, but it could have been at the beginning of the 4th. 

He got a lot of playing time until his neck injury. 

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Didn't he have his best offenses at UNT when Harrell was the OC? It felt like just scanning the scoreboard the following seasons that he had a drop off but not sure if they lost an all world QB as well or important other personnel were no longer there. 

27 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Not sure on the snaps, but when he went in on a tackle a sooner hit his helmet and his neck and head was hit in the dirt causing him to mess his neck up. I want to say it was the 3rd quarter, but it could have been at the beginning of the 4th. 

IMG_3649.gif.fb50a53f94c00f51a2920c974214584d.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

He got a lot of playing time until his neck injury. 

Read elsewhere that the season-ending injury was to his knee.

EDIT:  Should have finished reading the thread -- someone else already passed along the same info.

Edited by Carl Spackler

33 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

That's the second video to make reference to Bama fans being upset with how Kalen DeBoer dresses.  Is this really a thing?

It's really a thing but they are really upset with the suck they are showing and that is something else to bitch about.  

When you win 20 in the show you can let the fungus grow all over your shower shoes and the press will think your colorful.  Until you win 20 in the show it means you're a slob.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Just turned off the rewatch at halftime.

Playing against Brent will be fun while it lasts….another, maybe 2 (but doubtful) years.

It’s almost like, it’s not really fun beating up on a cripple?

They aren't crippled, they are all self-inflicted injuries.  Fuck ousucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Just turned off the rewatch at halftime.

Playing against Brent will be fun while it lasts….another, maybe 2 (but doubtful) years.

It’s almost like, it’s not really fun beating up on a cripple?

59 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Fuck that. It's a fucking blast.

Someone needs to make a gif of the Naked Gun scenes where OJ is in traction and keeps getting folded in two or when he gets shoved down the stadium bleachers in a wheelchair and superimpose BV’s face on it. Or the OU logo. Naked Gun GIF

Edited by Chili dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1