Leave Quinn Ewers alone

ztejas

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

There is no metric upon which Ou's defense is ranked 4th in the nation that I'm aware of currently. None, but show me data and change my mind.

Talking heads say stupid shit.

48th of 133 isn't good by most measures and defintions. But that's semantics which I've covered.

I've already agreed multiple times the OU D scheme was good. 

I don't disagree with your points on the difficulty reading coverages nor your broad assessment of Quinn. However, a Heisman level QB on an NC contender should not struggle with that difficulty for a quarter.

Not sure what you're debating me about.

They came in ranked 10th in DFEI. Texas came in 4th. OU is a good defense , behind a really shitty offense 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Make the early fg and take the other one and it’s 40. 

omg i feel like i've screamed 'take the fucking points!' at least 20 times during Sark's tenure. that man really likes to go for it lol

• Hook 'Em 2

He to me was playing like he was afraid of contact. Rushing throws, bailing on reads. After he scrambled for a first in the 2nd he calmed down a bit and then Sark went vanilla with offense because OU wasn’t scoring 10+ points. 

What was vanilla? All of the rushing attempts?

48 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He didn’t show much more than we’ve had all season imo. Vanilla might have been the wrong word - it was just a routine offense without too many wrinkles. 

Routine for Sarkisian or routine for college football?

On 10/12/2024 at 5:48 PM, ztejas said:

Kid is a fucking pimp. 

I'm extremely sorry that he didn't lead us to a 60-0 victory today but he looked like shit to start and did nothing since then but manage the game perfectly and take care of the football and hand OU a fucking ass-beating.

Hook 'em Horns. We ain't done yet.

I'm pretty sure he's embarassed for you

Hint Fashion Magazine - We almost lost our tuck after glimpsing Unicorn Guy,  the rarest of bronies and dreamiest of creatures. A legend is born.  (Hintmag.com) | Facebook

We knew OU wasn’t going to be able to sustain a drive by the 4th Qtr, against our Defense, even with backups playing. I wish we’d have played Arch the last 8-10 mins, with the 1 and 2s, especially Wingo. Just to let him experience that stage. Similar to the Michigan game.

Not to just put him in the last couple mins to hand the ball off and/or take a knee to kill the clock. He’s earned the 4th playing time by now, if we have a big lead - IMO.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Codaxx said:

They came in ranked 10th in DFEI. Texas came in 4th. OU is a good defense , behind a really shitty offense 

OU Football schedule:

Temple 124 FPI rank

Temple 3 v OU 51

Houston 78 FPI rank

Houston 12 v OU 16

Tulane 24 FPI rank

Tulane 19 v OU 34

Tennessee 7 FPI Rank

Tennessee 15 v OU 24

Auburn 34 FPI Rank

Auburn 21 v OU 27

Texas # 1 FPI Rank

Texas 34 v OU 3

Holding Tennessee to 15 points is good defense.....

Never in my life did I think I'd be arguing with so many Longhorn fans who were complimenting OUsux defense as being good on a Longhorn board.

Seems like there might be a hidden agenda I can't  quite figure out.

Edited by BurntEyes

On 10/12/2024 at 4:26 PM, Overlord said:

Quinn’s our guy this year. We roll with him. Ride or die. 

But how ya’ll gonna feel when he announces he's coming back for another year?

Does he look ready for NFL?

Ponder that. 

I guess it matters how we end this year

To start a game next week? Obviously not. As a draft prospect? Yes. His physical talent is what it is, and physical mistakes - flat out missing on throws - were his primary flaw yesterday. He's demonstrated to learn, protect the ball, and execute a pro style offense at a high level. If you like his physical profile as an NFL team, the rest is there.

I don't think Ewers will come back because he'll get a first or high second round grade and that'll be good enough for him. Probably better for his development that he go to a team that's picking in the late first as opposed to the Raiders or Panthers or something.

6 hours ago, Your Mom said:

He’s not holding off Arch another year. He has to know that. No way he stays.  

I don't think this has much to do with it. Ewers is going to end up a top 3-4 QB off the board. He leaves this year because he came back to solidify his draft stock and his body of work this season will do that.

12 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I usually skip over a poster if I see 2 or 3 stupid posts in a row. I only went as long as I did on this one because you're usually very reasonable, a good poster, I like you and frankly I think you're a smoke show.

😘

Woah. Troph is a female!? Why does she talk like a dude? Pics of smoke show?

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

OU Football schedule:

Temple 124 FPI rank

Temple 3 v OU 51

Houston 78 FPI rank

Houston 12 v OU 16

Tulane 24 FPI rank

Tulane 19 v OU 34

Tennessee 7 FPI Rank

Tennessee 15 v OU 24

Auburn 34 FPI Rank

Auburn 21 v OU 27

Texas # 1 FPI Rank

Texas 34 v OU 3

Never in my life did I think I'd be arguing with so many Longhorn fans who were complimenting OUsux offense as being good on a Longhorn board.

Is that Tennessee score and comment a joke or something? I'm not sure I get it.

21 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Is that Tennessee score and comment a joke or something? I'm not sure I get it.

The OU defense has faced 3 offenses with a pulse all year. Tulane, Tennessee and Texas. Tennessee was the only top 25 team they kept in check.

For 4 pages people have been arguing OUsux has a good defense.

They don't.

OU Football schedule:

Temple 124 FPI rank

Temple 3 v OU 51

Houston 78 FPI rank

Houston 12 v OU 16

Tulane 24 FPI rank

Tulane 19 v OU 34

Tennessee 7 FPI Rank

Tennessee 15 v OU 24

Auburn 34 FPI Rank

Auburn 21 v OU 27

Texas # 1 FPI Rank

Texas 34 v OU 3

Never in my life did I think I'd be arguing with so many Longhorn fans who were complimenting OUsux offense as being good on a Longhorn board.

I gave you the DFEI, the "D" should have given you a hint. Perhaps you are the only one arguing about the OU offense. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I gave you the DFEI, the "D" should have given you a hint. Perhaps you are the only one arguing about the OU offense. 

It was a typo and that's all you have because the OU defense isn't good. Time will tell the story.

Edited by BurntEyes

17 hours ago, troph said:

Any chance we play in the rose and is it on or about Jan 1? I need to get my mom to the rose bowl she’s 76 and is the biggest Texas fan there ever was. 

You’re a good daughter. 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

That's fine you want to enjoy it. It's also fine if some choose to critique it. Both are reasonable and logical choices based on yesterday's performance.

I am curious of the faulty logic I bolded above in your statement. Are you accusing ME of faulty logic?

Are you debating me on the quality of the defense we played? Are you arguing it is a good defense? If so please define good defense. 

NCAA Stats

Before the game Ousux was ranked 43 after 48 out of 133 in that ranking system.

That's below the top 30% or.. below a C average. AKA failing grade.

Maybe that's good to you. Failing grades don't qualify in my world.

Screenshot_20241013_131030_Chrome.thumb.jpg.39aa12ab7eff4613ac5d1537c856ec61.jpg

17 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

There is no metric upon which Ou's defense is ranked 4th in the nation that I'm aware of currently. None, but show me data and change my mind.

Talking heads say stupid shit.

48th of 133 isn't good by most measures and defintions. But that's semantics which I've covered.

I've already agreed multiple times the OU D scheme was good. 

I don't disagree with your points on the difficulty reading coverages nor your broad assessment of Quinn. However, a Heisman level QB on an NC contender should not struggle with that difficulty for a quarter.

Not sure what you're debating me about.

16 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

All fine and dandy but they are 48 out of 133 in total defense. Don't go FULL Graham on me, you don't have the chops or street cred.

If you call a D grade pretty good, well, you're bad at math or your verbiage sucks.

This is a true tour de force in stupidity by Burnt Eyes. Using total yardage to measure a team’s defense in the year of our Lord 2024 is mind boggling. And then to triple down and start talking smack using total yardage as your metric is some all time Shaggy/Surly combination of hubris and idiocy. 

OU Football schedule:

Temple 124 FPI rank

Temple 3 v OU 51

Houston 78 FPI rank

Houston 12 v OU 16

Tulane 24 FPI rank

Tulane 19 v OU 34

Tennessee 7 FPI Rank

Tennessee 15 v OU 24

Auburn 34 FPI Rank

Auburn 21 v OU 27

Texas # 1 FPI Rank

Texas 34 v OU 3

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It was a typo early AM, and that's all you have because the OU defense isn't good.

It’s not a typo. You’re just continuing to show you don’t know shit about fuck. He gave you their defense-only ranking, DFEI. You quoted FPI, which is a team’s overall ranking from a completely different metric and which is pretty pointless when you’re trying to determine how good OU’s defense is in isolation.

Both DFEI and SP+ have OU’s defense as a top 15 defense in the country even after the UT game. OU has a good defense. It’s really not possible to intelligently argue otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is a true tour de force in stupidity by Burnt Eyes. Using total yardage to measure a team’s defense in the year of our Lord 2024 is mind boggling. And then to triple down and start talking smack using total yardage as your metric is some all time Shaggy/Surly combination of hubris and idiocy. 

It’s not a typo. You’re just continuing to show you don’t know shit about fuck. He gave you their defense-only ranking, DFEI. You quoted FPI, which is a team’s overall ranking from a completely different metric and which is pretty pointless when you’re trying to determine how good OU’s defense is in isolation.

Both DFEI and SP+ have OU’s defense as a top 15 defense in the country even after the UT game. OU has a good defense. It’s really not possible to intelligently argue otherwise. 

Fair enough. I went full regard and it's clear OU has a great defense.

It's well known and stated I have a propensity to go full regard and everyone knows I don't know shit about fuck. I am however, able to admit it and beg the forgiveness of all involved.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

The OU defense has faced 3 offenses with a pulse all year. Tulane, Tennessee and Texas. Tennessee was the only top 25 team they kept in check.

For 4 pages people have been arguing OUsux has a good defense.

They don't.

WTF?

Tulane- averages 437 yards per game and 6.7 yards per play. They had 279 and 4.2 per play vs OU. 

I think 280 total yards and 19 pts is keeping them in check. 

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

WTF?

Tulane- averages 437 yards per game and 6.7 yards per play. They had 279 and 4.2 per play vs OU. 

Please read carefully.

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

WTF?

Also

Fair enough. I went full regard and it's clear OU has a great defense.

It's well known and stated I have a propensity to go full regard and everyone knows I don't know shit about fuck. I am however, able to admit it and beg the forgiveness of all involved.

anyone watching that game knows how bad quinn was. the entire rest of the texas team to a man (other than auburn - wtf) played to a level that would have yielded a 63-0 absolute fucking beatdown of those cocksuckers. the team really played a great game other than golden's two double pass attempts and quinn frankly held the team back. it happens.

quinn was not good throughout the game. he didn't "shake the rust" and get it together. he had terrible footwork throughout, never stepped into his throws, and was doing a lot of 2022 falling away passing. every single horizontal check down pass he made to guys out in the flat seemingly took an hour and half to reach the receiver giving the ou dbs a century to close down the open space and kill our guy. he was fortunate for the first double pass from golden because that took the mantle for worst pass ever.

he was off. it happens. it was a month since his last game. the concerning thing is the lack of passing follow-through and terrible footwork connotes a hesitance and reluctance stemming from injury, etc...

the good/reassuring thing is that we/he/sark knows how good he can be if he can settle himself and they all know what was wrong on saturday. i personally think that quinn has a little bit of vy in him in the sense that he needs to run and take a hit to get things going. on the third drive, i was begging sark to just run a called qb draw or something for him to get his body moving and take a small game time hit. quinn, like vy did, seems to finally get comfortable and in rhythm after that. you kind of saw it in his body language after he got hit in the endzone on the last touchdown. getting hit while running seems to escalate his swagger vibes.

this game was effectively the inverse of the michigan game where he was so, so fucking good in the pocket presence and delivery. hopefully this turns out to just be what he needed to get back in the swing of things.

also, we just beat the shit out of and embarrassed ou so "fuck yeah." our qb played his worst game since 2022 tcu and we whooped their asses. hopefully this week of practice features a lot of quinn throwing balls downfield with hill, simmons, and sorrell bearing down on him to shake him out of the funk and get ready to kick some fucking ass this weekend. that texas team that showed up on saturday, with a michigan/okie state game quinn is a fucking national championship team...and i am a vintage/classic/stereotype pessimistic texas fan.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Yes, there are things to work on. After the well rehashed slow start, there was one possession in which Texas didn’t have its way with a pretty decent defense, so it’s not exactly the end of the world just yet. 

A-game Texas is, I think, pretty clearly the best team in the country. The task is to produce those A games. Sarkisian, as he often says, coaches the QBs hard. Maybe this week a little more than usual. 

IMG_6477.jpeg

22 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Are there things to improve? Always. Is pulling your starting QB a couple of drives into his return game while things are still well in hand a good idea? It’s abject idiocy, frankly. 

The people saying they want Arch to start are the same people who wanted Quinn replaced by Maailk Murphy because of some passes he threw in a Spring game. 

20 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't get the jihad mentality against anyone pointing out that Quinn didn't have a great game. Whatever the reasons were, his passes were sailing and one of his errand passes got Bond injured. We were lucky that OU was unable to capitalize on them. If we played a better offense, we would have a lot more heartburn.

I hope this game helps Quinn get back in form because I would hate to see him playing like this next week and keep us from reaching our full potential this season.

The what?  I think everyone, even Quinn's biggest supporters were saying he had to be better early in that game...i'm full team Quinn finishing this year, they have the best chance to win a title with  him right now, and even I was saying he had like one more series before they needed to make a change for this game. And he pulled himself out.  After almost a month off and coming off injury.

You're still completely missing Arch's flaws...he's faster, can run, and can hit that deep ball better.  Cool.

But he still hangs onto the ball too long, and doesn't have the touch or the short/intermediate throws yet.  He'll get it.  And hell be GREAT for us...next year.  Or if Ewers goes down.

Not sure why you want a freshman going against tough defenses and teams like Georgia when Quinn has done NOTHING but show up for big games against good opponents.

I trust him more against GA, even with his mixed passing, than Arch right now.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

The what?  I think everyone, even Quinn's biggest supporters were saying he had to be better early in that game...i'm full team Quinn finishing this year, they have the best chance to win a title with  him right now, and even I was saying he had like one more series before they needed to make a change for this game. And he pulled himself out.  After almost a month off and coming off injury.

You're still completely missing Arch's flaws...he's faster, can run, and can hit that deep ball better.  Cool.

But he still hangs onto the ball too long, and doesn't have the touch or the short/intermediate throws yet.  He'll get it.  And hell be GREAT for us...next year.  Or if Ewers goes down.

Not sure why you want a freshman going against tough defenses and teams like Georgia when Quinn has done NOTHING but show up for big games against good opponents.

I trust him more against GA, even with his mixed passing, than Arch right now.

Quinn looked "better" later in the game mostly because he was throwing check downs, sometimes way too late when the coverage already caught up. We don't know if Arch would have fared worse against OU, but I think he would have hit the wide open receivers and would have run for first downs instead of hitting the checkdowns late.

Look, I love the baller Quinn when he is on, but he also has those WTF games where he doesn't recover throughout the game so the coach has to adjust the gameplan. His inconsistency is frustrating to me given that he was #1 QB in his class and is in his 3rd year in the system. Arch's progression has been a lot faster imo, which makes me think he will be much better than Quinn by his last year at Texas.

I didn't ever claim Quinn looked better in the game. I don't know why people are saying that...his throws were off target all game, but he did make the plays needed to win it big.

But I really just said I trust him more to make the throws needed to be made against Georgia right NOW than Arch.

Also this isn't a debate about who'll be a better QB at Texas overall...or even next year. 

It's who gives them the best chance to beat big time opponents right now.  And that's still Quinn in my book, unless he has another first half like he did against OU.  I'd be ready to pull the hook on him if he makes a few mistakes too.

Edited by Drew

What concerned me was that he didn't have the swagger pre-game and at the start like he did against Alabama. It felt a bit like he knew he wasn't 100%. He had that swagger in the first three games, let's hope we see it as he faces Georgia on Saturday.

On 10/12/2024 at 6:48 PM, ztejas said:

Kid is a fucking pimp. 

I'm extremely sorry that he didn't lead us to a 60-0 victory today but he looked like shit to start and did nothing since then but manage the game perfectly and take care of the football and hand OU a fucking ass-beating.

4wdF.gif

Surprise surprise, he's as bad as he was last week. And this time we're up against a team good enough to take advantage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I was trying to think of a long run on sentence response, but I have nothing. I guess I'll leave him alone.  Other than the fact that he looked scared and indecisive and wouldn't step up in the pocket and when he decided to throw it was low and in the ground or way outside or he just decided not to throw it at all or some other decision that maybe wasn't entirely his fault but at the end of the day reflected poorly on him espcecially in the last 6 minutes of game that could have been competitive but ended up 30 -15.  

• Haha 1

This game, in my opinion, has ended Quinn Ewers for UT. This should be Arch Mannings team. Quinn should have had 6 INTs, he can’t move in the pocket, and he can’t throw with the deep ball with touch anymore. He can barely make the middle and short throws. He’s either mentally cracked or physically hurt, but either way it’s time to move to option 1b more permanently.

Arch came in completely cold and 3 weeks removed from game action, and still flashed more capability and vim and vigor. The last two drives of Quinn’s in particular were awful.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

I do wonder if it's still the injury. We found out for sure whatever was wrong with him in the Cotton bowl wasn't rust. It's either injury is worse than we know or he's not mentally right to be a championship winning QB at the moment for whatever reason. 

I also wonder if it is injury and Arch got the OU start and got all the prep for this one is the outcome different? Arch had no chance in only 2 possessions coming in cold off the bench without having played in 3 weeks. Sark has his work cut out for him this week. This defense is champion level. Georgia doesn't sniff 30 pts without Ewers, the shitty backup punter, and the OL gifting them the ball on our end or midfield all day. 

Georgia only had 2 drives for points that went longer than 30 yds all game. That's it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This game, in my opinion, has ended Quinn Ewers for UT. This should be Arch Mannings team. Quinn should have had 6 INTs, he can’t move in the pocket, and he can’t throw with the deep ball with touch anymore. He can barely make the middle and short throws. He’s either mentally cracked or physically hurt, but either way it’s time to move to option 1b more permanently.

Arch came in completely cold and 3 weeks removed from game action, and still flashed more capability and vim and vigor. The last two drives of Quinn’s in particular were awful.

Quinn Ewers is QB1.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/14/2024 at 10:28 AM, sidis said:

anyone watching that game knows how bad quinn was. the entire rest of the texas team to a man (other than auburn - wtf) played to a level that would have yielded a 63-0 absolute fucking beatdown of those cocksuckers. the team really played a great game other than golden's two double pass attempts and quinn frankly held the team back. it happens.

quinn was not good throughout the game. he didn't "shake the rust" and get it together. he had terrible footwork throughout, never stepped into his throws, and was doing a lot of 2022 falling away passing. every single horizontal check down pass he made to guys out in the flat seemingly took an hour and half to reach the receiver giving the ou dbs a century to close down the open space and kill our guy. he was fortunate for the first double pass from golden because that took the mantle for worst pass ever.

he was off. it happens. it was a month since his last game. the concerning thing is the lack of passing follow-through and terrible footwork connotes a hesitance and reluctance stemming from injury, etc...

the good/reassuring thing is that we/he/sark knows how good he can be if he can settle himself and they all know what was wrong on saturday. i personally think that quinn has a little bit of vy in him in the sense that he needs to run and take a hit to get things going. on the third drive, i was begging sark to just run a called qb draw or something for him to get his body moving and take a small game time hit. quinn, like vy did, seems to finally get comfortable and in rhythm after that. you kind of saw it in his body language after he got hit in the endzone on the last touchdown. getting hit while running seems to escalate his swagger vibes.

this game was effectively the inverse of the michigan game where he was so, so fucking good in the pocket presence and delivery. hopefully this turns out to just be what he needed to get back in the swing of things.

also, we just beat the shit out of and embarrassed ou so "fuck yeah." our qb played his worst game since 2022 tcu and we whooped their asses. hopefully this week of practice features a lot of quinn throwing balls downfield with hill, simmons, and sorrell bearing down on him to shake him out of the funk and get ready to kick some fucking ass this weekend. that texas team that showed up on saturday, with a michigan/okie state game quinn is a fucking national championship team...and i am a vintage/classic/stereotype pessimistic texas fan.

Damn, he didn’t show up. The last two weeks is the worst qb play we have had since Hudson Card against Iowa State…or maybe Quinn against TCU in 2022.

We have reached the limits of my knowledge as to what we do to get Quinn to play at a high level. I don’t know what I would do in Sarkisian’s position but if he still looks this bad at halftime against Vanderbilt, then you’re on the verge of wasting a really solid team capable of big things by banging your head against the wall. 

God damnit, he really gave me legitimate hope watching him play at such a high level against Michigan. 

Hopefully Steve earns his money this week and dislodges the fear. We need an 80’s montage scene for him this week. 

Edited by sidis