Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Donte Williams was a very weird hire for a program like UGA. Great recruiter but USC's secondary was complete ass under him. I think USC even fired him. 

That was always a very questionable hire and so far it looks like UGA's secondary is paying the price. 

It was a weird hire. He is more here for recruiting. 

We also have Tavares Robinson coaching safeties. 

Our DBs are definitely struggling so far. We looked like Tarzan vs Clempson, but Jane vs UK, Miss St and first half of Ala. 

Not a good formula against a high powered offense like UT. 

Just don't play Arch. I'm afraid of him. 😶

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sark needs to quit being so fucking predictable on playcalling.

Quinn looks like hes still good for a wtf turnover every game. Our entire offense looked shaky AF today. 

Who knew the defense would be the strength of the team this year?

I dont think we beat Georgia. We’ve had back to back clunkers against average teams and havent played an offense with a pulse yet. 

Nurse drama

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

It was a weird hire. He is more here for recruiting. 

We also have Tavares Robinson coaching safeties. 

Our DBs are definitely struggling so far. We looked like Tarzan vs Clempson, but Jane vs UK, Miss St and first half of Ala. 

Not a good formula against a high powered offense like UT. 

Just don't play Arch. I'm afraid of him. 😶

reface_1656856562596_386.gif.8a9913a1d765c57dd638153c0f06867a.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Vermin said:

Didn't Woody Hayes get fired and unpersoned for less?

No, Woody threw a punch, kinda.  It was worse.

But this needs to be a big deal.  That's pretty fucked up.  

Edit: after watching it two more times, he has to be suspended for that, and for more than one game.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TXpride said:

He should at least be suspended for a game, and I'm not just saying that because we play them. That was bullshit. And he tried denying it after the game like a little bitch. No accountability in that program and it starts at the top.

I doubt Smart will be suspended, but it will be glorious if he is.

The aggy wailing about how "UT has Sankey in their back pocket" will only get louder. Fuckin' gumps.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

The only inexplicable thing is how the Georgia defense completely destroyed a Clemson offense that looks at least above average. 

But allowing 547 yards to Bama, allowing two Auburn running backs to average 5.5 and 7.0 yards per carry, allowing Mississippi State to throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, and their coach getting so angry he's shoving opposing QBs... Suggests something is up in Athens.

Edited by fellside

Really?  I’m honestly more worried about a balanced offense being able to run the ball and play action off it more effectively Then anyone else.
I think the secondary is fine as long as they can get pressure. They did against OU but can they against better OLs? 

This is my concern. So far this season, I feel like every offense has been pretty one dimensional, and then Texas gets them to the point where they need to throw a lot. I don’t have the faith some of yall have in PK, even now. This game should be interesting.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I watched the game today with a friend who,for years, has had a standing reservation at the Four Seasons for every home game. He told me that next weekend they are requiring a 4 night minimum at $2300/night. Lulz. 

Wow, that ADR getting pumped to the max. 

A decade or so ago, I was in Estes Park, CO the week Georgia was coming to Boulder (a good 45min away) to play Colorado.  I’ve never seen a lot of fan bases travel to away games, but I can report what I saw from Georgia that week was next level and many weren’t even going to the game. It will be interesting to see what shows up in Austin next week

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

A decade or so ago, I was in Estes Park, CO the week Georgia was coming to Boulder (a good 45min away) to play Colorado.  I’ve never seen a lot of fan bases travel to away games, but I can report what I saw from Georgia that week was next level and many weren’t even going to the game. It will be interesting to see what shows up in Austin next week

F1 and the related insane lodging prices might thin out their traveling crowd a bit

13 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I watched the game today with a friend who,for years, has had a standing reservation at the Four Seasons for every home game. He told me that next weekend they are requiring a 4 night minimum at $2300/night. Lulz. 

13 hours ago, Drew said:

Holy price gouging Batman 

It is also F1 weekend

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok- so here's the deal about the SEC- they are playing a rigged game and this whole entire edifice of dominance is a feedback loop built on nothing.  I hate that we are in this conference (not that I mind we are gone from the big 12) with these morons, but here we go.

Basically- Alabama is the 800 Pound Gorilla. They run things.  They swath babies in houndstooth checkered diapers (or maybe just let them shit in those hats- I dunno all their odd customs). Bear Bryant is hallowed and revered.  Royal never lost to them. I think we are something like 8-2 against them. Both losses were barely losses after we our starting QB went down.  Basically- for Alabama to beat Texas they need luck, help and our QB getting injured and then the game is likely to be 1 score or less toss up with 3 minutes left- even if Garret Gilbert is driving the bus for Texas.  Or Hudson Card.  Or some other not our standard QB that wasn't ready for prime time and thus wasn't the starter.  When our QB stays upright the whole game we swat them. Now, we are getting to the point where sloth (Mack) and stupidity (charlie and Herman) no longer run the program and even if the starter doesn't stay upright it's not a big deal b/c we will come with Arch on your ass.  Literally- no team in the SEC beat St. Nick by 10 at their place.  Until we scheduled that game.

Georgia is next. They became a national power by cheating their asses off and winning every auction in town for a 5 or 10 year stretch, while Kirby Smart managed to squander "all that talent".  We had kids spend their entire spring break in Austin, love it hear and then the check from Georgia cleared and they showed up to Athens without a visit to UGA.  And yet- for all that Georgia still loses every time they see Alabama on the other side of the field. They are used to being beta submissives.  Do they talk a lot of shit?  Undoubtedly.  I remember how they were so big and bad and tough they were going to beat up on a meathead Tom Herman team.  Funny that- we won by 28-21 b/c Turtle Tom is fundamental incapable of winning by more than a score- but anyone who watched that game pointed and laughed at the concept that Georgia was better than us.  And that was a shitty Tom Herman team that I believe lost 4 games that year.  Whatever.  Georgia will learn to bend the knee to Bevo the same way they always have to Bama.  And, for added benefit this Bevo has shown that he would just as soon gore UGA as look at him.  I like that in Bevo.  I assume the football team will be the same.

Missouri has a 100 year history of being irrelevant.  They showed up and immediately won the division twice with "Big 12 players".  Yawn.  Just means more. Or something.

aggy showed up with big 12 players and promptly had their best year in forever, johnny 8-ball won a Heisman and they went 10-2.  Old 8-4 aggy finally found a game they could beat and it was the mighty SEC.  Fun fact- their win percentage in the SEC is basically dead ass on the big 12 or SWC all time- but like every so slightly higher in the SEC.  So, although they can be mediocre anywhere they can be slightly better in the SEC, even though it's that much harder.

Ole Miss- thanks for Archy and Eli's grandson/nephew. Y'all I suppose were almost relevant while they were there. Enjoy rooting for Arch to win 2 Heismans and be on 3 national championship teams wearing burnt orange. 

Miss State- HA.  I can't even summon the energy to write about you. 

Auburn and LSU- I'd go on and on but you'd just have to have someone read it to you and that would embarrass both me and y'all.  

Everyone else other than Vandy is a big blob of dreck as far as I'm concerned.  Vandy though- I see you over there as the only team in the conference (I believe) to have a winning record against Texas.  We are coming to take that away from you in the next decade and then nobody in the conference will have a winning record against us.  

Y'all have built a national hype machine through ESPN where y'all were the worst of the worst cheaters, and insular thoughtlessness allowed y'all to get away with losing extra games and still playing for it all because it means more.  We roll in and see the SEC with 6 of the top 7 teams in the country and all I could do is laugh.  Mizzou?  Sure Jan.  Tennessee?  Ha. Lose to Arky, barely beat Florida, beat that abortion of an OU team by 10?  Nah.  Bama- lose to Vandy. Congrats.  Georgia- of course you roll over and expose your belly to Bama.  Ole Miss- yeah- any game that looks remotely important you find a way to lose.  So- all those schools that were supposed to be so good and we are at the half way point in the season and it's just Texas that has an unblemished record.  

This is the game that was circled on everyone's schedule around dixieland.  It's where big bad Texas is going to get its comupance.  Usually, SEC fans are used to drafting behind Bama and riding their coat tails but Sark & Ewers rubbed their nose in it last year.  So, now it's up to Georgia to beat us and not expose this conference as the bunch of overrated clowns that we've all, I suspect, deep down, known them to be.  

Not gonna happen.  Texas plays their A game (I'm not talking perfect I mean like what we brought to Michigan and Alabama last year) and it's a 3 score win.  Texas plays a B game and we win by 10.  If we bring our sloppy bullshit offensive selves to this party (which to be clear I don't expect) that we did against OU (or Washington last year) we are in a coin flip game.  I'm not even going to entertain the idea of us playing poorly and not getting up for these yahoos.  Texas has pride.  Texas has athletic arrogance.  Texas has the horses, and the headsets and I think everyone is about to see that there is one team, head and shoulders above the rest of the schools in this conference, and that is Texas.  Y'all should have never invited this camel to stick it's nose under your tent.  Now that we can play players and don't have to deal with the perception gap yall are about to see what a motivated Texas, with a good signal caller, and everyone pulling on the oars at the same time and in the same direction can do.  And it won't be good.  For yall.  

The only problem with this game is I have to wait another 6 days to see it happen.  Seems completely unfair.  

IS he a Georgia dipshit?  I thought maybe it was someone who was mad that I used a dirty word or something.  Whatever. 

Great post. Waiting for the film adaptation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, TXpride said:

He should at least be suspended for a game, and I'm not just saying that because we play them. That was bullshit. And he tried denying it after the game like a little bitch. No accountability in that program and it starts at the top.

Nah, fuck all that.  I don't want them to have any goddamned excuses. 

Let's have Hill Jr. crush Beck and then run over to Smart and give him one of these

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

No, Woody threw a punch, kinda.  It was worse.

But this needs to be a big deal.  That's pretty fucked up.  

Edit: after watching it two more times, he has to be suspended for that, and for more than one game.

Smart should be suspended for the rest of the season without pay. That’s some bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok- so here's the deal about the SEC- they are playing a rigged game and this whole entire edifice of dominance is a feedback loop built on nothing.  I hate that we are in this conference (not that I mind we are gone from the big 12) with these morons, but here we go.

Basically- Alabama is the 800 Pound Gorilla. They run things.  They swath babies in houndstooth checkered diapers (or maybe just let them shit in those hats- I dunno all their odd customs). Bear Bryant is hallowed and revered.  Royal never lost to them. I think we are something like 8-2 against them. Both losses were barely losses after we our starting QB went down.  Basically- for Alabama to beat Texas they need luck, help and our QB getting injured and then the game is likely to be 1 score or less toss up with 3 minutes left- even if Garret Gilbert is driving the bus for Texas.  Or Hudson Card.  Or some other not our standard QB that wasn't ready for prime time and thus wasn't the starter.  When our QB stays upright the whole game we swat them. Now, we are getting to the point where sloth (Mack) and stupidity (charlie and Herman) no longer run the program and even if the starter doesn't stay upright it's not a big deal b/c we will come with Arch on your ass.  Literally- no team in the SEC beat St. Nick by 10 at their place.  Until we scheduled that game.

Georgia is next. They became a national power by cheating their asses off and winning every auction in town for a 5 or 10 year stretch, while Kirby Smart managed to squander "all that talent".  We had kids spend their entire spring break in Austin, love it hear and then the check from Georgia cleared and they showed up to Athens without a visit to UGA.  And yet- for all that Georgia still loses every time they see Alabama on the other side of the field. They are used to being beta submissives.  Do they talk a lot of shit?  Undoubtedly.  I remember how they were so big and bad and tough they were going to beat up on a meathead Tom Herman team.  Funny that- we won by 28-21 b/c Turtle Tom is fundamental incapable of winning by more than a score- but anyone who watched that game pointed and laughed at the concept that Georgia was better than us.  And that was a shitty Tom Herman team that I believe lost 4 games that year.  Whatever.  Georgia will learn to bend the knee to Bevo the same way they always have to Bama.  And, for added benefit this Bevo has shown that he would just as soon gore UGA as look at him.  I like that in Bevo.  I assume the football team will be the same.

Missouri has a 100 year history of being irrelevant.  They showed up and immediately won the division twice with "Big 12 players".  Yawn.  Just means more. Or something.

aggy showed up with big 12 players and promptly had their best year in forever, johnny 8-ball won a Heisman and they went 10-2.  Old 8-4 aggy finally found a game they could beat and it was the mighty SEC.  Fun fact- their win percentage in the SEC is basically dead ass on the big 12 or SWC all time- but like every so slightly higher in the SEC.  So, although they can be mediocre anywhere they can be slightly better in the SEC, even though it's that much harder.

Ole Miss- thanks for Archy and Eli's grandson/nephew. Y'all I suppose were almost relevant while they were there. Enjoy rooting for Arch to win 2 Heismans and be on 3 national championship teams wearing burnt orange. 

Miss State- HA.  I can't even summon the energy to write about you. 

Auburn and LSU- I'd go on and on but you'd just have to have someone read it to you and that would embarrass both me and y'all.  

Everyone else other than Vandy is a big blob of dreck as far as I'm concerned.  Vandy though- I see you over there as the only team in the conference (I believe) to have a winning record against Texas.  We are coming to take that away from you in the next decade and then nobody in the conference will have a winning record against us.  

Y'all have built a national hype machine through ESPN where y'all were the worst of the worst cheaters, and insular thoughtlessness allowed y'all to get away with losing extra games and still playing for it all because it means more.  We roll in and see the SEC with 6 of the top 7 teams in the country and all I could do is laugh.  Mizzou?  Sure Jan.  Tennessee?  Ha. Lose to Arky, barely beat Florida, beat that abortion of an OU team by 10?  Nah.  Bama- lose to Vandy. Congrats.  Georgia- of course you roll over and expose your belly to Bama.  Ole Miss- yeah- any game that looks remotely important you find a way to lose.  So- all those schools that were supposed to be so good and we are at the half way point in the season and it's just Texas that has an unblemished record.  

This is the game that was circled on everyone's schedule around dixieland.  It's where big bad Texas is going to get its comupance.  Usually, SEC fans are used to drafting behind Bama and riding their coat tails but Sark & Ewers rubbed their nose in it last year.  So, now it's up to Georgia to beat us and not expose this conference as the bunch of overrated clowns that we've all, I suspect, deep down, known them to be.  

Not gonna happen.  Texas plays their A game (I'm not talking perfect I mean like what we brought to Michigan and Alabama last year) and it's a 3 score win.  Texas plays a B game and we win by 10.  If we bring our sloppy bullshit offensive selves to this party (which to be clear I don't expect) that we did against OU (or Washington last year) we are in a coin flip game.  I'm not even going to entertain the idea of us playing poorly and not getting up for these yahoos.  Texas has pride.  Texas has athletic arrogance.  Texas has the horses, and the headsets and I think everyone is about to see that there is one team, head and shoulders above the rest of the schools in this conference, and that is Texas.  Y'all should have never invited this camel to stick it's nose under your tent.  Now that we can play players and don't have to deal with the perception gap yall are about to see what a motivated Texas, with a good signal caller, and everyone pulling on the oars at the same time and in the same direction can do.  And it won't be good.  For yall.  

The only problem with this game is I have to wait another 6 days to see it happen.  Seems completely unfair.  

IS he a Georgia dipshit?  I thought maybe it was someone who was mad that I used a dirty word or something.  Whatever. 

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

I think besides the score of course that yesterday went about as favorably as possible for us leading in to Georgia.  We beat OU, it wasn't some emotional slugfest of a game, we were yukking it up and clowning them by running multiple throwback passes for shits and giggles in the 2H, and there is still shit to work on and yet no emotional drain to deal with while doing said working on shit.  

• Like 2

We should butt fuck the Georgia penitentiary up and down the field.  If we get Michigan / Bama Quinn. That’s a wrap.  If we get yesterday Quinn. The defense will have to win for us.  It was weird not watching us throw deep 15 times a game like previously.  BlowU had a decent defense I’m not sure uga def is better.  Our secondary will finally get tested 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB posted that the Bond ankle injury is very minor and he should play against Georgia.

Bond's agent posted during game (Ill try and find it on X) that it was not serious but that "he would be out the remaining of the game".  Glad to hear that.

• Haha 1