Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Think one thing that has been super surprising is UGA’s inability to establish a running game. Will be interesting to see how much they try to get it started as it has been pretty inconsistent since the Kentucky game

I thought they ran pretty well against Bama in the second half. Indeed, my recollection is they came out of half-time establishing the run, which helped them have more success passing. I imagine Kirby will try to do the same against us since we have shown some susceptibility to it. It's unclear how valid a take that susceptibility is though given our defensive game plans versus any given opponent.

Other thought is, Georgia has seemed like a team that plays better in the 2nd half this season when I've watched them.

Edited by sith_horn

Haven't watched a lot of their games, but seems like if their long ball game is not hitting, they dont have much at all.  Bowers last year was their underneath, catch and run guy.  He bailed them out vs Auburn iirc and really all year.  This year it seems like if Bennett isnt connecting deep (and they air it out a lot, would be curious on stats beyond 25 yards) , they are kind of meh on O.  

With all of that said, they have studs all over the place and I imagine we are in for a big step up in class this weekend.

Georgia can’t beat Texas, only Texas can beat Texas.

Yesterday was the perfect game in some ways, we knocked OU’s dick in the dirt and won convincingly, while leaving room for improvement almost everywhere.

Everybody knows they let their teammates down at times and will work hard this week towards correcting that.

I had 2 issues w/ the play calling. Really, only 1. The fade on 4th down was a low percentage pass that didn’t work. I didn’t know Bond was hurt until last night. Ewers and Bond on a timing play is better than Ewers and Wingo. Sark gets a pass.

After watching OU for 50 years, those MF’s, good or bad, can always run. They always have team speed. Calling running plays w/ the RB running parallel to the line of scrimmage, 5 yards behind the line doesn’t work against OU. Starting 2nd & 13 is not the best way to make a living.

I get that showing something early to set them up later is a consideration, but I recall 3 plays you could see it developing, slowly, and resulted in negative yards.

Kudos to Sark & PK for recruiting speed all over the field. Not many teams look faster than OU, but Tre, Wingo and Bolden clearly were. Me likely.

• Hook 'Em 5

This may have already been discussed elsewhere but had a super nerdy question: with Texas being ranked #1 and Georgia #5 (thus an average of those rankings of 3) when was the last regular season game we had with that low or lower of an average? I recall the 2006 Ohio State game was 1 vs 2. Am I forgetting one since?

4 minutes ago, mdleast said:

This may have already been discussed elsewhere but had a super nerdy question: with Texas being ranked #1 and Georgia #5 (thus an average of those rankings of 3) when was the last regular season game we had with that low or lower of an average? I recall the 2006 Ohio State game was 1 vs 2. Am I forgetting one since?

That is correct. “Lowest” regular season matchup for us since 2006

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Haven't watched a lot of their games, but seems like if their long ball game is not hitting, they dont have much at all.  Bowers last year was their underneath, catch and run guy.  He bailed them out vs Auburn iirc and really all year.  This year it seems like if Bennett isnt connecting deep (and they air it out a lot, would be curious on stats beyond 25 yards) , they are kind of meh on O.  

With all of that said, they have studs all over the place and I imagine we are in for a big step up in class this weekend.

Bro, Stetson Bennett is long gone. It’s Carson Beck 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I thought they ran pretty well against Bama in the second half. Indeed, my recollection is they came out of half-time establishing the run, which helped them have more success passing. I imagine Kirby will try to do the same against us since we have shown some susceptibility to it. It's unclear how valid a take that susceptibility is though given our defensive game plans versus any given opponent.

Other thought is, Georgia has seemed like a team that plays better in the 2nd half this season when I've watched them.

They ran for 3.08 vs Bama and under 4 in 3 of the last 4 (only MSU was higher). The one surprising thing has been Beck throwing 5 ints the last 3 games 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sith_horn said:

We don't run the ball much this year. Kirby's philosophy initially was run the ball and play D. Now with his buddy Mike Bobo at OC, we have devolved to the mark Richt era of throwing first, playing inconsistent D and asking questions about running the ball later. Not sure it's working out for us. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

26 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

They ran for 3.08 vs Bama and under 4 in 3 of the last 4 (only MSU was higher). The one surprising thing has been Beck throwing 5 ints the last 3 games 

He is a perfect Mike Bobo QB - puts up big numbers at times, shut down randomly and unexpectedly, chokes in big games, turns it over a lot. 

• Fuck You 4

16 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

It was a weird hire. He is more here for recruiting. 

We also have Tavares Robinson coaching safeties. 

Our DBs are definitely struggling so far. We looked like Tarzan vs Clempson, but Jane vs UK, Miss St and first half of Ala. 

Not a good formula against a high powered offense like UT. 

Just don't play Arch. I'm afraid of him. 😶

@HookemAtl did you not see this before your post? 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

19 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sark needs to quit being so fucking predictable on playcalling.

Quinn looks like hes still good for a wtf turnover every game. Our entire offense looked shaky AF today. 

Who knew the defense would be the strength of the team this year?

I dont think we beat Georgia. We’ve had back to back clunkers against average teams and havent played an offense with a pulse yet. 

Predictable, after OU settled in their 3 high safety look, Sark tore them apart with misidirection in the run game. We fucking sat on the ball the entire 2nd half because OU's offense couldn't break the 50 without a TO or multiple penalties "called or uncalled."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

We don't cheer for conferences. It's a core pillar of Texas fandom.

I don't either, but saying fuck your new conference is interesting. Especially after this gift of a schedule you got and the biggest revenue split you've seen coming. 

Just wanted to confirm he's a Texas fan. 

Edited by Tomatillo
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 16

Just now, texifornia said:

We don't cheer for conferences. It's a core pillar of Texas fandom.

Some of these assholes don’t even cheer for Texas, it seems like. Eeyore motherfuckers. 

Just now, Tomatillo said:

I don't either, but saying fuck. your new conference is interesting. Especially after this gift of a schedule you got and the biggest revenue split you've seen coming. 

It’s good that someone realizes the SEC has some elite teams and some bottom feeders like everyone else and having the elite of the elite doesn’t make the rest any more formidable. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Some of these assholes don’t even cheer for Texas, it seems like. Eeyore motherfuckers. 

It’s good that someone realizes the SEC has some elite teams and some bottom feeders like everyone else and having the elite of the elite doesn’t make the rest any more formidable. 

I'm glad Texas is in the league. I heard so much anti-SEC stuff from my Texas friends and acquaintances that I think it's hilarious you're here now. 

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Fuck the SEC

Since that includes Texas now, I take that as some kind of pro-masturbation announcement.  Ain’t nobody gonna disagree with that…

Let me know what I can do to help you beat the Leg Humpers. Thoughts, prayers, voodoo curses, human sacrifice..

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

I'm glad Texas is in the league. I heard so much anti-SEC stuff from my Texas friends and acquaintances that I think it's hilarious you're here now. 

As long as the checks don’t bounce, it’s acceptable. Don’t pretend there’s some kind of camaraderie or esprit de corps, though. There isn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

and the biggest revenue split you've seen coming. 

2 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

It was a business decision that left both sides better off. Nothing more. Nothing less.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Since that includes Texas now, I take that as some kind of pro-masturbation announcement.  Ain’t nobody gonna disagree with that…

Let me know what I can do to help you beat the Leg Humpers. Thoughts, prayers, voodoo curses, human sacrifice..

Thanks, we're good

• Hook 'Em 1

We ended Tom Osborne and Nebraska
We ended the Pete Carrol reign of terror. 
We ended Nick Saban. 
those schools were actually good. I don’t know if it will even make our history books (outside of maybe a minor little footnote) when we end the Georgia 2 in 3 when yall aren’t losing to Bama and being gifted a second chance or whatever it is that I don’t care about and am not paying attention to. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

It was a business decision that left both sides better off. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You're better off here. Road trips are much better. 

Come to Athens, UF and Lex next year. You guys thought Ole Miss was nice lol. 

You were in the truck stop conference, now you're in the premier conference. You're a perfect fit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We ended Tom Osborne and Nebraska
We ended the Pete Carrol reign of terror. 
We ended Nick Saban. 
those schools were actually good. I don’t know if it will even make our history books (outside of maybe a minor little footnote) when we end the Georgia 2 in 3 when yall aren’t losing to Bama and being gifted a second chance or whatever it is that I don’t care about and am not paying attention to. 

Bama already ended us. Again. You didn't end Saban. NIL and Harbaugh did. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1