Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

8 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

You're better off here. Road trips are much better. 

Come to Athens, UF and Lex next year. You guys thought Ole Miss was nice lol. 

You were in the truck stop conference, now you're in the premier conference. You're a perfect fit. 

Wait are you trying to say Gainesville is nicer than Oxford and the Grove?

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Since that includes Texas now, I take that as some kind of pro-masturbation announcement.  Ain’t nobody gonna disagree with that…

Let me know what I can do to help you beat the Leg Humpers. Thoughts, prayers, voodoo curses, human sacrifice..

Nice choke job last night. The one time we cheer for you lizards. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Since that includes Texas now, I take that as some kind of pro-masturbation announcement.  Ain’t nobody gonna disagree with that…

Let me know what I can do to help you beat the Leg Humpers. Thoughts, prayers, voodoo curses, human sacrifice..

I mean I do love to self pleasure and let my lady watch, but we don’t give a fuck about conference mates we only care about ourselves, longhorn out front shoulda told ya.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Wait are you trying to say Gainesville is nicer than Oxford and the Grove?

Better area. Stay at the beach. Drive over for the game. Oxford is not bad but it's in the worst state in the country. Going to Oxford in a few weeks, but we have to stay in Memphis. Rough town. Anything near Oxford is two night minimum upwards of a mortgage per night. Grove gets a little crowded and angry with everyone crammed in there, most drunk and younger. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, Tomatillo said:

Better area. Stay at the beach. Drive over for the game. Oxford is not bad but it's in the worst state in the country. Going to Oxford in a few weeks, but we have to stay in Memphis. Rough town. Anything near Oxford is two night minimum upwards of a mortgage per night. Grove gets a little crowded and angry with everyone crammed in there, most drunk and younger. 

Most Texas fans are going to fly in private in the morning and out at night. Ask the Bama crowd what that looked like. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

You were in the truck stop conference, now you're in the premier conference. You're a perfect fit. 

This is all true except the perfect fit. We have teeth, education and well except for east Texas we think the south will rise again is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Tomatillo is fine, he's fighting an uphill battle on this site full of self-proclaimed assholes but I'm sure he knows what he's gotten into.

Personally I don't have anything against Georgia.  Well, other than the 1984 Cotton Bowl.  But that was more our fault than theirs.

I had nothing against Georgia until this asshole showed up.  Top shelf douchebag.IMG_2916.thumb.jpeg.9ffda5bc0bc6d3f5e0c7ad480a6eead2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Comparing Athens to Ole Miss is hilarious

19 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I worry about our secondary. Hopefully we get first half Bama Beck 

As long as we have coaches with brains we won’t be getting torched like Alabama. They just let Beck throw back shoulder balls over and over until the very end they finally jumped it and made them pay. 

Feels like this will be our first game against a legit offense. Sure they're missing some weapons from last season, but this isn't a talent depleted Georgia team, go back and look at their recruiting rankings the past 3 years.

Having said that, we have serviceable DT's, and elevated EdGe and LB play..much better than last season. Even the secondary no longer gives me anxiety, they are actually defending passes (who knew that could be done?) and even when they allow a catch there isn't much YAC.

I'll be surprised if we blow them out, but in my mind we are no longer dogs (no pun intended) in this game, especially at home.

Oh, and just watched the recorded broadcast of the OU game, kudos to ABC for great sound. I heard "Texas...Fight!", the LHB and even OU SUCKS! chants louder and prouder than ever before, hope our UGA game is the same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Tomatillo is fine, he's fighting an uphill battle on this site full of self-proclaimed assholes but I'm sure he knows what he's gotten into.

Personally I don't have anything against Georgia.  Well, other than the 1984 Cotton Bowl.  But that was more our fault than theirs.

Yeah, he seems fine. 

Fred Akers’ late game management was some bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Interested to see how Beck handles playing on the road after way last two have gone. I wouldn’t be filled with confidence if I were a UGA fan given they are very lucky to not be 0-2 on road in SEC games so far against two teams decidedly below the Texas team they should see on Saturday.. 

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Stfu aggy

I've found the paranoid conspiracy theorist. 

I am less of an Aggie than you are. 

9 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

Interested to see how Beck handles playing on the road after way last two have gone. I wouldn’t be filled with confidence if I were a UGA fan given they are very lucky to not be 0-2 on road in SEC games so far against two teams decidedly below the Texas team they should see on Saturday.. 

Terribly. Our OC is Mike Bobo. I'd trust you more than him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

58 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

And it was not a “nice” choke job.  It was an exceptional choke job - in duration, originality and execution. Why, not everyone loses a score by not calling a qb sneak - and then loses another score by sneaking with the wrong quarterback.  That kind of planning takes time. You won’t see it’s like for some time unless you watch Aggy games on the reg.  

It was certainly unique. Definitely put something on UTK when it was 10-0. That was as predictable of a comeback as you'll find. 

Who's the next coach? Lane Kiffin or Urban? 

• Fuck You 2

I am from S. Florida. Gainesville is fine, but nothing special, and the surrounding area was crappy from what I recall. Maybe it improved. It has been a long time.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am from S. Florida. Gainesville is fine, but nothing special, and the surrounding area was crappy from what I recall. Maybe it improved. It has been a long time.

You're right - Oxford is a better trip than UF. Still, you'll like the SEC roadtrips better than the truck stop league. Also, 2:30 or 6:30 local kickoffs vs 11am. 

Home games vs LSU, Ala, Tenn, UGA, Aub, Ark, A&M has to be more exciting and interesting than the previous league. Nobody watched any of those games except Texas-OU. 

Edited by Tomatillo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

You're right - Oxford is a better trip than UF. Still, you'll like the SEC roadtrips better than the truck stop league. Also, 2:30 or 6:30 local kickoffs vs 11am. 
Home games vs LSU, Ala, Tenn, UGA, Aub, Ark, A&M has to be more exciting and interesting than the previous league. Nobody watched any of those games except Texas-OU. 

I heard that Manhattan, Kansas was nice, and I like Morgantown, WV, but I was last there just before they joined the B12. Columbia Missouri was fine as well and with larger cities nearby.

Knoxville was good to me as well, and listening to bluegrass at a Mexican restaurant in Crosby? while patrons passed around moonshine is a fond memory. And of course whitewater rafting.

But I am kind of easygoing, I even managed to find something positive in Farmington, NM. But Bloomfield absolutely blows. On par with Lawton, OK.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1