Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

So, my neighbor is an ex NFL guy.  His son plays in the NFL now, and went to...Georgia (he was actually on the squad we beat, which I didn't even realize until they highlighted him in the broadcast).

I'm considering dropping off a nice little gift on their doorstep this week.  Cupcakes with the longhorn logo, cookies in the shape of longhorns, etc. Any ideas?

They're great folks and I'd be doing this with the kids, so those are constraints (which probably rule out 90% of what this board would come up with).

3 hours ago, Modessit said:

Honestly, I'd rather see Wisner start over Blue. More sure-handed with the football and runs over people. Hit Helm early and often. Hit Wingo with space to run. Golden and Bond making big grabs. Pour it on early and often.

To be fair they both have issues. Blue has just had more chances to show the fumble tendency off. They both need to get it fixed and both have shown they can contribute without having to be the main guy.  I say play them both heavily against Georgia because the subtle differences between them will not allow the defense to get into any kind of rhythm.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

12 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

So, my neighbor is an ex NFL guy.  His son plays in the NFL now, and went to...Georgia (he was actually on the squad we beat, which I didn't even realize until they highlighted him in the broadcast).

I'm considering dropping off a nice little gift on their doorstep this week.  Cupcakes with the longhorn logo, cookies in the shape of longhorns, etc. Any ideas?

They're great folks and I'd be doing this with the kids, so those are constraints (which probably rule out 90% of what this board would come up with).

Maybe some Bijan mustard.

That or a sack of flaming cat shit.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, Tomatillo said:

Yes, everyone who wins cheats and everyone who disagrees with you is dumb. We get it. 

Zero facts behind your claims UGA cheated. Just jealousy and insecurity by yet another nerdy little bitch in this absolute joke of a fucking fanbase. 

Your school is slightly better than mid, your state is below mid educationally, your state is largely garbage, it is surrounded by garbage states of nothingness and none of you dumbasses realize everyone in the world considers you rednecks along with the rest of the south. 

Let me know how the SWC ended, you retarded nerd of a little cocksucking bitch. You may be the dumbest of this idiotic fucking fanbase. 

The fan from the Southeast says Texas is garbage 😂

15 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Give them some bud light that way they have to look at it, can't scrape off the logo and actually enjoy.

s-l1200.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

To be fair they both have issues. Blue has just had more chances to show the fumble tendency off. They both need to get it fixed and both have shown they can contribute without having to be the main guy.  I say play them both heavily against Georgia because the subtle differences between them will not allow the defense to get into any kind of rhythm.

That fumble, while still a fumble, was pulled loose and didn’t just drop on the ground from pretty average hits. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their secondary has been bad almost all year. 

OU and Michigan’s defenses are ranked above Georgia’s in almost every advanced metric for a reason. I’m expecting a lot of what OU did against us with 3 high safeties and conservative looks because Georgia has zero faith in their secondary. 

Checking down to RBs and TEs is something Ewers will likely have wide open again like most of the year. 

I’d be mildly surprised if Georgia rolled out something like the 3 high safety defense. That typically hasn’t been their MO. Venables had showed it in the past (including the Tennessee game earlier this year) so you kind of knew it was coming.

Guys like Saban and Smart typically aren’t implementing those type of junk defenses with the athletes they have. Which is probably part of the reason we have pantsed some of the more traditional defenses we have seen even when they have great individual talent.

• Hook 'Em 6

16 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

On Finebaum just now, a guy from San Antonio called in and said that 17 players didn't practice today...stomach issues (State Fair food ?)...not sure.  Anyone know if there's any truth to this?  Hopefully, just bullshit.

Multiple guys missed practice time last week with strep throat. Maybe it is still going around.

Gerry brought up a good point on OTF. Muschamp moving into an analyst role for Georgia has hurt them defensively. He is apparently in the building during the week to help with prep but isn’t heavily involved on gameday anymore.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Gerry brought up a good point on OTF. Muschamp moving into an analyst role for Georgia has hurt them defensively. He is apparently in the building during the week to help with prep but isn’t heavily involved on gameday anymore.

What’s the deal there? He’s in his early 50s and could be making 7 figures as a coordinator of a blue blood if he wanted it. Family stuff?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

What’s the deal there? He’s in his early 50s and could be making 7 figures as a coordinator of a blue blood if he wanted it. Family stuff?

He destroys too many blackboards as coordinator.  It's a budgetary concern.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

His son plays for Vanderbilt so he goes to the games. Also he's been a DC or HC for about 20 years so now he probably doesn't need the money.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

46 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

That fumble, while still a fumble, was pulled loose and didn’t just drop on the ground from pretty average hits. 

On the broadcast after the fumble and TD recovery, you can read Bolden’s lips on the bench saying, “I felt like he was gonna fumble.”

Not saying it really means anything other than Bolden perhaps having some psychic abilities, but thought that it was interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I know the reason he didn't take the job here with Sarkisian was his son was a walk-on at Georgia. I think he's still there. His other son is a freshmen QB at Vanderbilt.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

On the broadcast after the fumble and TD recovery, you can read Bolden’s lips on the bench saying, “I felt like he was gonna fumble.”

Not saying it really means anything other than Bolden perhaps having some psychic abilities, but thought that it was interesting.

It’s possible Bolden felt the ball could get punched out by someone behind Wisner but that doesn’t change the fact that OU made a pretty decent effort at getting the ball out, as opposed to some very run of the mills hits that have caused Blue to fumble. 

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Rece Davis on the aggy train of Texas hasn't really played anyone. Not our fault everyone sucks ass and we skull fuck people.

The only real take from this is Texas has yet to face an offense that can effectively pass the ball. Miss State has the best passing offense we’ve faced and ranks in the mid 30s. The rest are all in the 100s and Michigan is iirc second or third to worst in the country. 

Beck will be a test we’ve not seen yet. 

But it doesn’t matter. Texas’ D is elite. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, that was a pretty herculean effort by the defender and Tre was covering up and making an effort to secure the ball (and that might actually have contributed to his losing it).  The defender was pulling on his arm and Tre was putting both hands on the ball and his own pull back basically ejected the ball.

Edited by TwiceHorn

43 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The only real take from this is Texas has yet to face an offense that can effectively pass the ball. Miss State has the best passing offense we’ve faced and ranks in the mid 30s. The rest are all in the 100s and Michigan is iirc second or third to worst in the country. 

The D I gave your mom was elite. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Family stuff if wikipedia is to be believed.  I doubt he needs the money.  I'm sure he'll be back after his kids are all grown.

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Both need  to carry the ball to class. Get some coeds to blow them while holding the ball.

• Drool 1

14 hours ago, Hookem10 said:

That dude didn’t have seatbelts in his truck and had an ash tray in his truck dash 

And a gun rack at the rear window.

8 hours ago, Rholl said:

Im just glad we are done comparing crowd noise from 1990 Houston til 2024….. who gives a fuck……

college gameday sport GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

MSU had 144 passing yards against us and over 300 against Georgia. Not sure the take we having faced a good passing offense is the right take for this weeks matchup. 

They changed their offense against us because they were so worried about getting blown out.  They didn't do that for Georgia.  That's a pretty clear indicator of who Lebby thinks is better.  Miss St also is like the 3rd team we've faced this year that has done that.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

I was yelling at the tv "don't fumble" a second before he fumbled.  Fumbles are not uncommon when you have two defenders closing in from you on each side.

• Hook 'Em 2

None of this matters as long was Texas keeps winning. How many elite teams has Georgia played the last few years? For the most part, they've dominated lesser opponents. The better question is how have they fared against the handful of teams with similar talent. They are 1-3 against Bama and 1-0 against OSU. Who else? Kirby Smart beats the teams he's supposed to beat and is a coin flip against other elite teams (actual elite teams, i.e. not Ole Miss). Sark appears to be on the same trajectory, he just has to keep doing what he's been doing.

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Give them some bud light that way they have to look at it, can't scrape off the logo and actually enjoy.

s-l1200.jpg

I don't understand this suggestion.

What does this mean, "bud light... actually enjoy?"

I don't think those words should be sharing a sentence together

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Give them a shitburger

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I was yelling at the tv "don't fumble" a second before he fumbled.  Fumbles are not uncommon when you have two defenders closing in from you on each side.

I was in the car for this play and Craig Way's call is outstanding. If you can find it, worth a listen.  The range of emotion goes from standard to excitemement to fear and ultimately elation.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Make sure he puts it out with his boot

• Haha 1