Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I was yelling at the tv "don't fumble" a second before he fumbled.  Fumbles are not uncommon when you have two defenders closing in from you on each side.

NTTAWWT 

4 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

None of this matters as long was Texas keeps winning. How many elite teams has Georgia played the last few years? For the most part, they've dominated lesser opponents. The better question is how have they fared against the handful of teams with similar talent. They are 1-3 against Bama and 1-0 against OSU. Who else? Kirby Smart beats the teams he's supposed to beat and is a coin flip against other elite teams (actual elite teams, i.e. not Ole Miss). Sark appears to be on the same trajectory, he just has to keep doing what he's been doing.

1-4

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Wait until he visits this site 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

The one time we are glad the opinion got out to a wider audience.

Wish @Wulaw Horn had issued a warning to any Texas fan that slurps sec cock that they will be exiled to Mississippi if they continue down that path. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Wish @Wulaw Horn had issued a warning to any Texas fan that slurps sec cock that they will be exiled to Mississippi if they continue down that path. 

If I was benevolent dictator for a day that would be my command.

I'm perfectly fine with a mock "sec sec sec" chant whenever we go into someone elses house and give them a dirty sanchez.  

41 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

The consensus on all the Georgia podcasts is that Georgia will play its' best game and that will just be to much for a Texas team that is inexperienced in the spotlight. Also, one said they were more worried if Arch was the QB because Quinn is a dink and dunk QB.

70813831007-aem-090923-texas-vs-alabama-

what happens when Beck throws 2 or 3 INTs?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Palace of Degenerates is the default motto when we don't have topical ones going. It has been that way for years. 

Do you not like the current one?

When your website makes it onto a national platform with a quote that on the nose you have to use it for at least a little bit, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

The consensus on all the Georgia podcasts is that Georgia will play its' best game and that will just be to much for a Texas team that is inexperienced in the spotlight. Also, one said they were more worried if Arch was the QB because Quinn is a dink and dunk QB.

Only listened to Aaron Murray and T-Bob Hebert one but they both picked Texas to win. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I put together a little edit of the 1st half of this season using only the Texas Creative Media team's footage. And to keep it on topic from earlier in the thread, the song is The Hardest Cut by Spoon, Austin's very own and arguably the greatest American rock band of the last 25 years. 

It’s Lefau’s run stuff in the OU game from being perfect, imo. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It’s Lefau’s run stuff in the OU game from being perfect, imo. 

Yeah, I didn't leave myself very much time for the OU game. There were some hard cuts (😉) and felt like I needed to have all the Wisner juke/Bolden recovery footage in there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, I didn't leave myself very much time for the OU game. There were some hard cuts (😉) and felt like I needed to have all the Wisner juke/Bolden recovery footage in there.

That’s more than fair, it was just a really sweet hit that kind of added some momentum. Just nitpicking, obviously. Really well done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Im not an x's and o's guy but it seems like sark it totally okay with dink and dunk. It'll score right around 35 and milk the clock more. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Randomly texted my brother about something last week. He responded that we need to go to lunch and to let him know weekends I could go to a Texas game (season ticket holder).  Sent him weekends my kids didn't have a baseball tournament. Not realizing this weekend was the only home game for UT. 
I will be there Saturday for my first game in a few years. Super stoked. I have always said I would rather be lucky than good. I just need to keep it from going to 11. If I call my wife for a ride from a random bar at 1 am like the last time, I may be posting in the divorce thread. Pray for me boys.

Tell your wife to just be happy you call HER
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Just don’t drink. 
The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

That will definitely happen!

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

That's what rideshare is for.... Surge prices are crazy tho

Surge pricing for a ride over an hour away will be wild, but cheaper than a dui. 

No, I will be disciplined. Stop drinking at half and start piling on water. Then when my brother wants to go bar crawling after the game, say no. I learned my lesson last time...right?...right? Only the rat gods know for sure. 

On 10/13/2024 at 11:52 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok- so here's the deal about the SEC- they are playing a rigged game and this whole entire edifice of dominance is a feedback loop built on nothing.  I hate that we are in this conference (not that I mind we are gone from the big 12) with these morons, but here we go.

Basically- Alabama is the 800 Pound Gorilla. They run things.  They swath babies in houndstooth checkered diapers (or maybe just let them shit in those hats- I dunno all their odd customs). Bear Bryant is hallowed and revered.  Royal never lost to them. I think we are something like 8-2 against them. Both losses were barely losses after we our starting QB went down.  Basically- for Alabama to beat Texas they need luck, help and our QB getting injured and then the game is likely to be 1 score or less toss up with 3 minutes left- even if Garret Gilbert is driving the bus for Texas.  Or Hudson Card.  Or some other not our standard QB that wasn't ready for prime time and thus wasn't the starter.  When our QB stays upright the whole game we swat them. Now, we are getting to the point where sloth (Mack) and stupidity (charlie and Herman) no longer run the program and even if the starter doesn't stay upright it's not a big deal b/c we will come with Arch on your ass.  Literally- no team in the SEC beat St. Nick by 10 at their place.  Until we scheduled that game.

Georgia is next. They became a national power by cheating their asses off and winning every auction in town for a 5 or 10 year stretch, while Kirby Smart managed to squander "all that talent".  We had kids spend their entire spring break in Austin, love it hear and then the check from Georgia cleared and they showed up to Athens without a visit to UGA.  And yet- for all that Georgia still loses every time they see Alabama on the other side of the field. They are used to being beta submissives.  Do they talk a lot of shit?  Undoubtedly.  I remember how they were so big and bad and tough they were going to beat up on a meathead Tom Herman team.  Funny that- we won by 28-21 b/c Turtle Tom is fundamental incapable of winning by more than a score- but anyone who watched that game pointed and laughed at the concept that Georgia was better than us.  And that was a shitty Tom Herman team that I believe lost 4 games that year.  Whatever.  Georgia will learn to bend the knee to Bevo the same way they always have to Bama.  And, for added benefit this Bevo has shown that he would just as soon gore UGA as look at him.  I like that in Bevo.  I assume the football team will be the same.

Missouri has a 100 year history of being irrelevant.  They showed up and immediately won the division twice with "Big 12 players".  Yawn.  Just means more. Or something.

aggy showed up with big 12 players and promptly had their best year in forever, johnny 8-ball won a Heisman and they went 10-2.  Old 8-4 aggy finally found a game they could beat and it was the mighty SEC.  Fun fact- their win percentage in the SEC is basically dead ass on the big 12 or SWC all time- but like every so slightly higher in the SEC.  So, although they can be mediocre anywhere they can be slightly better in the SEC, even though it's that much harder.

Ole Miss- thanks for Archy and Eli's grandson/nephew. Y'all I suppose were almost relevant while they were there. Enjoy rooting for Arch to win 2 Heismans and be on 3 national championship teams wearing burnt orange. 

Miss State- HA.  I can't even summon the energy to write about you. 

Auburn and LSU- I'd go on and on but you'd just have to have someone read it to you and that would embarrass both me and y'all.  

Everyone else other than Vandy is a big blob of dreck as far as I'm concerned.  Vandy though- I see you over there as the only team in the conference (I believe) to have a winning record against Texas.  We are coming to take that away from you in the next decade and then nobody in the conference will have a winning record against us.  

Y'all have built a national hype machine through ESPN where y'all were the worst of the worst cheaters, and insular thoughtlessness allowed y'all to get away with losing extra games and still playing for it all because it means more.  We roll in and see the SEC with 6 of the top 7 teams in the country and all I could do is laugh.  Mizzou?  Sure Jan.  Tennessee?  Ha. Lose to Arky, barely beat Florida, beat that abortion of an OU team by 10?  Nah.  Bama- lose to Vandy. Congrats.  Georgia- of course you roll over and expose your belly to Bama.  Ole Miss- yeah- any game that looks remotely important you find a way to lose.  So- all those schools that were supposed to be so good and we are at the half way point in the season and it's just Texas that has an unblemished record.  

This is the game that was circled on everyone's schedule around dixieland.  It's where big bad Texas is going to get its comupance.  Usually, SEC fans are used to drafting behind Bama and riding their coat tails but Sark & Ewers rubbed their nose in it last year.  So, now it's up to Georgia to beat us and not expose this conference as the bunch of overrated clowns that we've all, I suspect, deep down, known them to be.  

Not gonna happen.  Texas plays their A game (I'm not talking perfect I mean like what we brought to Michigan and Alabama last year) and it's a 3 score win.  Texas plays a B game and we win by 10.  If we bring our sloppy bullshit offensive selves to this party (which to be clear I don't expect) that we did against OU (or Washington last year) we are in a coin flip game.  I'm not even going to entertain the idea of us playing poorly and not getting up for these yahoos.  Texas has pride.  Texas has athletic arrogance.  Texas has the horses, and the headsets and I think everyone is about to see that there is one team, head and shoulders above the rest of the schools in this conference, and that is Texas.  Y'all should have never invited this camel to stick it's nose under your tent.  Now that we can play players and don't have to deal with the perception gap yall are about to see what a motivated Texas, with a good signal caller, and everyone pulling on the oars at the same time and in the same direction can do.  And it won't be good.  For yall.  

The only problem with this game is I have to wait another 6 days to see it happen.  Seems completely unfair.  

IS he a Georgia dipshit?  I thought maybe it was someone who was mad that I used a dirty word or something.  Whatever. 

This is the reason you need to learn to love the SEC @Wulaw Horn

Without us being in this redneck shitbox we don't run train on the world the way we're about to run train.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Surge pricing for a ride over an hour away will be wild, but cheaper than a dui. 

Ha well if surge pricing is active the key is just taking a rideshare out of the peak zone then summoning a replacement ;-)  Of course depending on intox levels that degree of difficulty may exceed carrying capacity at the time.

Edited by Pimphand

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’d be mildly surprised if Georgia rolled out something like the 3 high safety defense. That typically hasn’t been their MO. Venables had showed it in the past (including the Tennessee game earlier this year) so you kind of knew it was coming.

Guys like Saban and Smart typically aren’t implementing those type of junk defenses with the athletes they have. Which is probably part of the reason we have pantsed some of the more traditional defenses we have seen even when they have great individual talent.

Georgia went a good bit of 3 high against Alabama in the 2nd half once they realized they couldn't cover their WRs at all. 

After Miss State destroyed their secondary, I would be really surprised if they aren't very conservative on the back end. 

The other thing about Georgia, is they had Mondon for the Alabama game. He's their best coverage LB. 

That game would have been worse had they not had Mondon. Luckily for Georgia, they've played Auburn and Miss State following the injury but Texas is a different animal than those two offenses. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I put together a little edit of the 1st half of this season using only the Texas Creative Media team's footage. And to keep it on topic from earlier in the thread, the song is The Hardest Cut by Spoon, Austin's very own and arguably the greatest American rock band of the last 25 years. 

Spectacular 

• Hook 'Em 3

Very cool.

Since you have the talent, can you cut the UGA/Bevo film with the "can I pet that daawg? can i pet that daaaawg?" audio?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The other thing about Georgia, is they had Mondon for the Alabama game. He's their best coverage LB. 

That game would have been worse had they not had Mondon. Luckily for Georgia, they've played Auburn and Miss State following the injury but Texas is a different animal than those two offenses. 

In all fairness, no one can cover Ryan Williams. He's a absolute freak at his position. I'm hoping Wingo will get his chance this season to show he can't be covers. Jeremiah Smith. Ryan William, a.md Wingo are all on the same level. 

17 minutes ago, NAVY said:

The Georgia Can Suck My Dick thread title is my favorite Surly thread title of all time 

Not the Brett Bielema is a fat fucking retard?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

In all fairness, no one can cover Ryan Williams. He's a absolute freak at his position. I'm hoping Wingo will get his chance this season to show he can't be covers. Jeremiah Smith. Ryan William, a.md Wingo are all on the same level. 

Not the Brett Bielema is a fat fucking retard?

Correct. ‘Brett Bielema is a fat fucking retard’ is a great thread title and Brett Bielema IS a fat fucking retard but ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’ just lights up my life. Every time I see ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’ I’m reminded of Bevo charging that stupid ass dog. See? Doesn’t ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’  fill you with joy? 

Edited by NAVY
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Randomly texted my brother about something last week. He responded that we need to go to lunch and to let him know weekends I could go to a Texas game (season ticket holder).  Sent him weekends my kids didn't have a baseball tournament. Not realizing this weekend was the only home game for UT. 

I will be there Saturday for my first game in a few years. Super stoked. I have always said I would rather be lucky than good. I just need to keep it from going to 11. If I call my wife for a ride from a random bar at 1 am like the last time, I may be posting in the divorce thread. Pray for me boys.

You coming to the tailgate or what? 

Hardly-ever poster: give that man alll the reps!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Correct. ‘Brett Bielema is a fat fucking retard’ is a great thread title and Brett Bielema IS a fat fucking retard but ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’ just lights up my life. Every time I see ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’ I’m reminded of Bevo charging that stupid ass dog. See? Doesn’t ‘Georgia Can Suck My Dick’  fill you with joy? 

It certainly does. Beating the shit out of them will be glorious, and seeing Bevo chase that dog would just throw it into overdrive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bravo, sir!