Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

36 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Their network is NBC. Not some random shitty cable network available only through top tier subscriptions. 

Sorry you’re a poor and didn’t get to enjoy some awesome tv watching other sports besides football. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is my 3rd to make it up there in the last year or so of writing the game week kickoff posts.  It feels wonderful.  The fact that these dolts are incapable of appreciating this for what it is and the context behind it makes it even more wonderful.  I made it on there for predicting we were going to pants Alabraska last year at their place and also- I believe I had a pretty foul rant against the Red Raiders.  

you have become the standard bearer of Big Evil Texas

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

If Corso is at Game Day Saturday morning, he will pick Texas!

Got anymore for us, dawg?

5 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Even granting their argument, I’m just as fine with a 60 yard catch and run TD from Bond, Wingo, Moore, or whoever as I am with a 60 yard bomb TD. 

Based on how their secondary looks, so are they. 

sark has to have lots of face cards up his sleeve to get these rockets in space with the ball

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

In all fairness, no one can cover Ryan Williams. He's a absolute freak at his position. I'm hoping Wingo will get his chance this season to show he can't be covers. Jeremiah Smith. Ryan William, a.md Wingo are all on the same level. 

Not the Brett Bielema is a fat fucking retard?

A below average passing offense did this to their secondary. I think we win this game easily if Georgia doesn't play conservatively on the back end. Their secondary is much worse than OU's or Michigan's IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Look, they know they can create more drama by doing this. Just like in 2005 when USC played an easy schedule but hardly anyone questioned them because it was good for business at that time and shitting on Texas was good for business then too.

I am old enough to have seen all the narratives and goal post shifting and the parroting. It don’t make a shit and the talking heads will just say something stupid again in the future.

It's true that we haven't played a great offense but we've actually played some good defenses. 

OU and Michigan are both top 15ish defenses (probably both better than Georgia's defense). Also, ULM has a very good defense. #37 in DFEI. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I haven’t seen this pulled out yet, but if Kirby and schulman are saban acolytes, doesn’t sark know how to attack their defense better than just about any other?

In both bama games, Texas had very little trouble moving the ball against sabans defense.

I also think that georgias ego in defense will work against them, they will play much more straight up coverage as opposed to OK trying to disguise.

Texas by 10

• Drool 1

Sixties SEC Lore Follows.  Oh, the hazardous hubris of being ranked #1. In early September of 1965, my parents and I went to the Bama-Georgia game in Athens.  I was 14 so my father drove the Oldsmobile (apt name).  On the road I devoured the new SI college football big preseason issue with “Bama’s #1” on the cover.  I was in adolescent Alabama fan heaven feeling an invincible vibe like the ones above in this thread.  Then this shit happened.  My Surly comrades, you must beware the devious devil dogs!  This Saturday late in fourth quarter when the Horns are ahead by seven, watch out for this shit, which I saw happen right in front of me.  Motherfucking guy was DOWN!

And once and for all the term is “hook and lateral” and not “hook and ladder.”  Jesus.  Guy was not called down.  Pitch man scored.  UGA went for 2 and made it.  It was a long, sad trip back to Tuscaloosa.  We didn’t lose sgsin in 1965, ended up playing Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, beat them, ended up #1 anyway.  Never give up, Joe!  Hook ‘em but put a good sure tackler on the defensive right to clock that pitch man.

Edited by Bama Llama
Spaz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

Sixties SEC Lore Follows.  Oh, the hazardous hubris of being ranked #1. In early September of 1965, my parents and I went to the Bama-Georgia game in Athens.  I was 14 so my father drove the Oldsmobile (apt name).  On the road I devoured the new SI college football big preseason issue with “Bama’s #1” on the cover.  I was in adolescent Alabama fan heaven feeling an invincible vibe like the ones above in this thread.  Then this shit happened.  My Surly comrades, you must beware the devious devil dogs!  This Saturday late in fourth quarter when the Horns are ahead by seven, watch out for this shit, which I saw happen right in front of me.  Motherfucking guy was DOWN!

And once and for all the term is “hook and lateral” and not “hook and ladder.”  Jesus.  Guy was not called down.  Pitch man scored.  UGA went for 2 and made it.  It was a long, sad trip back to Tuscaloosa.  We didn’t lose sgsin in 1965, ended up playing Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, beat them, ended up #1 anyway.  Never give up, Joe!  Hook ‘em but put a good sure tackler on the defensive right to clock that pitch man.

We have our own Georgia moment.

We're currently 4-1 against them. The .800 winning percentage is the highest winning percentage against the program from anyone who has played at least 5 games against the Bulldogs.

But, man. That one loss. Man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

46 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

We have our own Georgia moment.

We're currently 4-1 against them. The .800 winning percentage is the highest winning percentage against the program from anyone who has played at least 5 games against the Bulldogs.

But, man. That one loss. Man.

Watched on a black and white 14 inch crt. I'll probably see that fuck up again in my last moments.

Edited by MissingInAction
Dead