Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

57 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Flight - Why? Just .... why?

Lonestar - acceptable 

Tacate - ok, but common.

and only one case of Yuengling? - That's the best beer you've got and it's only one case.

Next time don't blow your load on topo seltzer and high noons?

You might be able to afford decent beer or at least just buy all Yuengling.....

Pro tip:

Costco sells cases of Warsteiner for $19.99. That's right folks. <$1 for a can (albeit only 300 mL and not a full 12 oz) of stuff that actually tastes like beer. and at 4.8% you won't end up getting heat stroke in your cowhide hey dudes.

Have you been to a college football game/tailgate lately? It’s like High Noon has become the alcohol sponsor for college football instead of just the preferred drink of 19 year old sorority girls. I’m not sure I saw an actual beer anywhere last weekend. High Noons and Hard Teas made up the vast majority of what people had.

7 minutes ago, Brew said:

Have you been to a college football game/tailgate lately? It’s like High Noon has become the alcohol sponsor for college football instead of just the preferred drink of 19 year old sorority girls. I’m not sure I saw an actual beer anywhere last weekend. High Noons and Hard Teas made up the vast majority of what people had.

I've never heard of either of those. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Lonestar - acceptable 

Tacate - ok, but common.

and only one case of Yuengling? - That's the best beer you've got and it's only one case.

Pro tip:

Costco sells cases of Warsteiner for $19.99. That's right folks. <$1 for a can (albeit only 300 mL and not a full 12 oz) of stuff that actually tastes like beer. and at 4.8% you won't end up getting heat stroke in your cowhide hey dudes.

Please direct all complaints to @immamac

Actually, don’t. Let’s just say thank you for putting it all together.

Edited by LonghornSean

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Lol Jesus fucking Christ

Missed this yesterday but will stand by it as catching up on Von Lane into town.  Major had a nice deep ball (not enough arm talent).  Simms had a nice, accurate deep ball but not enough touch.   Colt's was great, Buechele's was great.  Ewers deep ball is behind all of these (though elite short and intermediate). I think Arch's deep ball has best combo of arm talent, touch and accuracy of all though based on early returns.   Tell me where I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Missed this yesterday but will stand by it as catching up on Von Lane into town.  Major had a nice deep ball (not enough arm talent).  Simms had a nice, accurate deep ball but not enough touch.   Colt's was great, Buechele's was great.  Ewers deep ball is behind all of these (though elite short and intermediate). I think Arch's deep ball has best combo of arm talent, touch and accuracy of all though based on early returns.   Tell me where I'm wrong.

You skipped someone 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Lonestar - acceptable 

Tacate - ok, but common.

Pro tip:

Sponsored. 

• Hook 'Em 7

48 minutes ago, Brew said:

Now I know why like 70% of americans keep saying we’re on the wrong track.

• Haha 4

This makes me unbelievably sad:(

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday morning, we're going to go to Starbucks. Yeah, buy some latte, maybe get some Frappuccino , stuff like that. Maybe Olive Garden, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.  But you can bet your ass come 6:30pm we’ll be beers deep in Longhorn glory 🤘

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm pretty sure this is the most excited I've ever been to go to DKR.

I'm 48 years old and I can't sit still 8 hours before kickoff.

It’s nice to be in a real conference where your one elite opponent isn’t always played at a neutral site

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

He has only thrown a small number of them and there have been good but mixed results. It's just a crazy statement.

Just looking at the MSU game because there are the most examples, the first semi-deep sideline throw to Moore that went out at the 1, that's a TD if he puts it on more of a line. Moore was absolutely wide open for a TD but he put way too much air under it. That's usually good on a deep ball but it shows his inexperience because he didn't adjust to the situation.

Cook's drop was a very good throw, only a yard or two underthrown on a 45 yard throw so that's still a very good one. Cook dropped it because he couldn't keep his eyes on it as he chopped his last few steps to adjust to the slight underthrow. I am absolutely not saying that drop was Manning's fault because any FBS receiver still has to catch that. But having receivers that aren't great will come up later in this post. But for most receivers instead of a touchdown that becomes a long gain if they slow down well to secure the catch.

First half TD to Moore - This was a great throw because he was under pressure and about to take a hit, however this ball missed its target by 5 yards but Moore did an outstanding job adjusting to the throw. Moore was running a streak and when Manning released it he was running straight downfield 2-3 yards inside the numbers. He caught it on the run 2-3 yards outside the numbers. This one is a classic example of a play where the receiver determines what fans think of the QB's deep ball. Early in his career Xavier Worth absolutely would have missed this ball by 2 yards and everyone would have complained about freshman Ewers' bad deep ball because he threw it too far outside. This is a great play and a pretty good deep ball, but Ewers made several deep throws that were exactly the same that Worthy made look bad.

2nd TD to Moore was his best deep throw of the game. That was well placed, well timed, and pretty much perfect.

So he had one bad deep throw, one very good, one off target but great play because he was under pressure, and one perfect deep ball. He is very good but saying he's the best ever at Texas after this small sample size is silly.

And yes, VY was absolutely better at deep balls his junior year than Manning is right now. Manning very well could, I might say probably will, end up better before he leaves. But he's not right now, and failing to consider that VY's "deep threat" wide receiver was Billy Pittman and his 4.76 forty yard dash is a pretty big issue when it comes to this analysis. Manning is absolutely elite at intermediate balls in the 15-20 yard range especially in the middle of the field. He is a plus deep ball thrower. He is bad at timing routes to the flats (swing passes, bubble screens, etc.). That's all I'm saying. He is obviously an elite prospect who will be a great player here. All I laughed at was the prematurity of that declaration.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2024 at 7:24 AM, utexas8 said:

I was planning on going to the game for months then life got in the way. Still invested in the ticket prices and MAN. I can’t believe they are staying like this.

Was the Texas and bama game prices like this too, In Austin and Tuscaloosa?

I got into the game in Tuscaloosa, first row upper deck, for about $100 a ticket about 30 minutes before kickoff

Just now, Dbeasy said:

What was your plan B? That’s what I always struggle with. 

Yeah.....

We've got friends in Tuscaloosa who had a corporate tailgate. So we actually weren't planning on going into the game, we were just going to watch at the tailgate, but then decided to check prices at the last minute and got lucky

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

When is the last time we beat a top 5 opponent at DKR?

3 minutes ago, QuesoEspecial said:

Mizzou ‘08

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Sheesh we are way overdue. I know we had a couple of shots against Bama and TCU back in 2022. It's time we pull one of these out.

Missouri was #11