Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:

I hope the fans bring it this weekend. Like '08 Mizzou type of energy.

i want houston '90 energy

back when the stadium was still a horseshoe and all the sound would fly away, and yet it was the loudest game I ever saw until the CDC era

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Also - Spoon is awesome and yes they are still a big/well-known name. 
Some of you act like any act that doesn't involve Jimi Hendrix being raised from the dead is lame for a FREE GameDay concert. 
I guess Fastball was busy?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why do Retards go back so far for atmosphere and fans? The crowds have been badass the past few years. It’s quite literally a feature we have a great crowd now. 

Because Houston 1990 we didn't have any of that, and yet it was deafening. Legendary atmosphere in a stadium that wasn't built for it.

Also, other than MSU a couple weeks back, I haven't seen a game in person since Colt McCoy suited up. It's been a while.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:
4 hours ago, ztejas said:
Some of you act like any act that doesn't involve Jimi Hendrix being raised from the dead is lame for a FREE GameDay concert. 

titty bingo was booked solid

Edited by Rimbo

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Because Houston 1990 we didn't have any of that, and yet it was deafening. Legendary atmosphere in a stadium that wasn't built for it.

Also, other than MSU a couple weeks back, I haven't seen a game in person since Colt McCoy suited up. It's been a while.

titty bingo was booked solid

Your dumbass nostalgia blinds you by our crowds being consistently as loud as that instance. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

i want houston '90 energy

back when the stadium was still a horseshoe and all the sound would fly away, and yet it was the loudest game I ever saw until the CDC era

After years of the run and shoot shitting all over us that game was so fucking legit. Such a great night.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Your dumbass nostalgia blinds you by our crowds being consistently as loud as that instance. 

That's like bragging that a Strat plugged into a Marshall stack is consistently as loud as an (acoustic, unamplified) violin. Sure, wow, you've got 100W of power that makes you AS loud as Mr. Bell sawing away over there...

All you're doing is making what happened in '90 more impressive by comparison.

The right amount of alcohol, Lee Corso, and underdogness. I still take pride in running 2 yards on the field and back off the track when the ball was snapped in the south end. The track became a sea of drunken humanity by the end.

His (Rimbo’s) point is next level. 1990 with a shit stadium was the loudest it had ever been by a mile. Can we have the loudest it’s ever been by a mile again please?

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:

I hope the fans bring it this weekend. Like '08 Mizzou type of energy.

‘08 energy was good energy. That Texas Fight to start the game told you who was going to win. Also had her reporting around the sidelines and interviewing my roommate because journalism. 

image.thumb.png.75edd9ab3be6daf9373024fcbb955c22.png

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 3

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

As usual, you’re way off base. ‘90 UH and ‘08 Mizzou are the loudest DKR has gotten in my lifetime and I go to most games. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Modessit said:
4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Probably got lost?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nobody asked your racist ass anything. STFU bitch made boy. 

You’ve made that accusation several times, and I challenge you to come up with one post where racism could even be taken out of context. I’ll hang up and listen, and until then, stop trying to fight the board. You’re wrong, you petulant child. 

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Some of us have been consistently attending games since the 70’s and 80’s. Nothing will ever compare to that UH game because of the circumstances that led up to it. Mizzou came closest but it was definitely not the same.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 8:00 PM, The Original CaliHorn said:

I just want a win. This game worries me.

I don't know how this game worries you. Their defense is a couple notches below what it has been the last few years. To win, they will have to do so in an offensive shootout, and I don't see them outscoring us. I actually think that our defense will have another really good game. I think this is at least a 10 point win for the good guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

As usual, you’re way off base. ‘90 UH and ‘08 Mizzou are the loudest DKR has gotten in my lifetime and I go to most games. 

I was at both of those (although a kid for UH so hard to gauge).  08 was fantastic.  Tech last year was solid. Bama '22 was elite despite being hot as hell.  If you are adjusting for daytime/heat factor that might have been the best.  If we bring that Bama energy to a night game watch out.

• Hook 'Em 3

@BurntOrange&White

Just listen how loud this was on the broadcast, especially when Houston had the ball and Texas was on D, and remember:

1. it was a horseshoe that let sound fly away

2. 77,809 capacity, 3/4ths the size it is today

3. even when we were up 42-10 the crowd didn't let up

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, horn009 said:

I don't know how this game worries you. Their defense is a couple notches below what it has been the last few years. To win, they will have to do so in an offensive shootout, and I don't see them outscoring us. I actually think that our defense will have another really good game. I think this is at least a 10 point win for the good guys. 

Of course this game should worry you.  It's Georgia.  The only team on our schedule with a comparable roster.  They have an infinitely better offense than we have played to date.  Tons of talent on D even if not playing to Kirby's standard.  And they will effectively be playing for their season.  I like our chances but Vegas has this as a close game for a reason.  Winning the turnover battle will be huge in this one. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I was at both of those (although a kid for UH so hard to gauge).  08 was fantastic.  Tech last year was solid. Bama '22 was elite despite being hot as hell.  If you are adjusting for daytime/heat factor that might have been the best.  If we bring that Bama energy to a night game watch out.

I was 12. It was loud as hell because of all of the Coogs bullshit.  I’ll never forget that. My dad was 39. He still maintains it’s the loudest. Mizzou ‘08 was close. Tech last year was loud. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

2018 TCU was electric. They had beaten us 4 straight by 38, 43, 22 and 17. DKR wasn't even full but per capita it was a rowdy crowd. Lots of catharsis.

Big win. Not even in the same zip code. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I was 12. It was loud as hell because of all of the Coogs bullshit.  I’ll never forget that. My dad was 39. He still maintains it’s the loudest.

Yeah, I was 10. I had gone to games before but first 'big game' I really remember (at least recall understanding it was a really big deal). My biggest memory is my dad took me down to the drag afterwards with everyone going insane and I thought it was the craziest thing I've ever seen.  Good times.

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

@BurntOrange&White

Just listen how loud this was on the broadcast, especially when Houston had the ball and Texas was on D, and remember:

1. it was a horseshoe that let sound fly away

2. 77,809 capacity, 3/4ths the size it is today

Football has changed a lot since then. Just in the first couple of minutes there were two hits out of bounds (one on a QB) and a horse collar tackle. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol y'all responding to BOW

If you gimme an excuse to talk about that game, well by gum I'm gonna talk about that game. I was a Sr in High School, my big brother a Sophomore at UT, it was my first ever home game and it cemented my fandom for life.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Of course this game should worry you.  It's Georgia.  The only team on our schedule with a comparable roster.  They have an infinitely better offense than we have played to date.  Tons of talent on D even if not playing to Kirby's standard.  And they will effectively be playing for their season.  I like our chances but Vegas has this as a close game for a reason.  Winning the turnover battle will be huge in this one. 

They've already given up 41 points to Alabama and 31 points to Mississippi State. I'm not concerned mainly because I think our offense will overwhelm them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

You just don’t know which Ewers were going to get. 

Well, this is the most balanced offense that Texas has had in a long time, so Ewers doesn't necessarily need to be perfect to win games. 

I was at both 90 UH and 08 Mizzou.   The mizzou game was amped and extremely loud.  Just as loud as 90 UH.   However the 90 UH crowd was bordering on a violent mob which I’ve never see at DKR in my 40 years of attending home games.  The crowd and the team wanted blood and UH wilted from the start.  Don’t know if we will see anything like it again.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

2004 ok state was crazy loud with VY comeback 

Edited by Hookem10
Lol
  • Hook 'Em 2