Game week 2024, week 7 Georgia @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Thank you for the assurance.  I doubt we'll ever know, so I'll take your word for it.

As for the "defeatist bullshit (I've) posted", which part would that be?

"We could use Bond's speed"

"I feel pretty good about the defense"

"Ewers doesn't throw a good deep ball, but UGA probably wasn't going to give us many chances deep anyway"

"I think we're good if we play solid fundamental football"

"We don't need heroics; the absence of turnovers/bullshit is probably enough"

One of those, or something else?  Perhaps my comment that Ewers played like shit for most of the 1st half against OU?

IMG_3488.gif.815c6d47eb628c748391b7cfe07f4d79.gif

28 minutes ago, pacman said:

You say obviously but it is more likely that he was not up to game speed, given his absence from the game, and needed time to catch up.

It seems like quite a bit of projection on your part.

What actions were you seeing that made this observation so obvious?

but it is more likely that he was not up to game speed, given his absence from the game, and needed time to catch up.

I agree this played a big part and I'm glad Sarkisian let him play through it.

It seems like quite a bit of projection on your part.

I don't know what you mean by this.  If you're suggesting I "play scared" and am projecting that onto Ewers, then I'll just say no, neither is the case.

What actions were you seeing that made this observation so obvious?

He was playing very timid, like he was afraid of re-aggravating the injury.  For starters, he was throwing with mostly arm, seemingly self-limiting body rotation.  Everything mid-range was sailing and the one ball he needed to put something on was 5yds under thrown.  I don't think it's a reach to think he was worried about the oblique.  His body language looked off too.  There were plenty of comments on it at the time, so I'm not sure why it's such an incendiary opinion all of a sudden.

He woke up toward the end of the half and I think the biggest part of it was the TD run where he took contact and got up feeling fine.  I think that unlocked him mentally and he played a lot better after that.  I hope we get him at 100% tomorrow.  If so, I don't see UGA having a chance in hell unless our defense stays in the locker room or something.  If both sides play their B games in the same game, and we don't have special teams miscues, we're unbeatable.

57 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Kentucky held this offense to 13 fucking points, does anyone really think Kentucky has a better defense than Texas? Just for reference, Vanderbilt just scored 20 on that defense.

Ewers has improved every season at Texas and we got idiots thinking he's going to shit the bed tomorrow. Man, I am happy I am going to be at the game instead of in the game thread where you fucking morons love to piss all over yourselves. Just be happy we have the best fucking college football team this season.

fuck yeah yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Surly in angst

Arguing runs amok

Must be Friday

I’m doing something I hate that others do… I ain’t reading all this bullshit.

image.jpeg.f9524d4e630414a70668348d457a05c6.jpeg

I expect Saturday night to be as special as any game in our proud history.

Biggest sports night in Austin, ever.

image.jpeg.831e505600663b9220dfe9d310d715a5.jpeg

The perfect setting.

Home in Austin, Texas, baby!

We have been through so much, for so long, and we have come so far.

Texas is a team and organization that has earned the respect of others, with the full commitment and support of so many.

Sark, and the young men who choose to honor us, as they represent us, will deliver, and we will take the place we were destined to be.

Hook ‘em!!!

Edited by PTINS
Typo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Heard a lot of media talk all week about our “untested” secondary. Who from UGA is going to burn us? Seriously, who are the game breaking receivers that will stretch out our defensive backfield? And don’t point to the Bama game because that was just awful defense- really on both sides.

If we get good pressure up front with front 4 and keep everything in front of us and contain the edges (PK speciality), I really like our chances in this game. The only thing that worries me some is stopping the run up the middle but Etienne is a JAG and doesn’t worry me that much. 

I think Beck throws multiple INTs. Our DBs are gonna feast tomorrow night.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

6 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

This is our time. When is Washington going to be relevant again? Who gives a flying fuck about that game? Well, I do, admittedly. But it doesn't eat at me, because it feels like we have an opportunity as a program to possibly be in the mix every single year. Washington can't even keep their coach. OU can't keep their coach. Notre fucking Dame can't keep their coach.  

Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. 

spacer.png

And how apropos if Billy Liucci were to show up for the game…

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, PTINS said:

I’m doing something I hate that others do… I ain’t reading all this bullshit.

image.jpeg.f9524d4e630414a70668348d457a05c6.jpeg

I expect Saturday night to be as special as any game in our proud history.

Biggest sports night in Austin, ever.

image.jpeg.831e505600663b9220dfe9d310d715a5.jpeg

The perfect setting.

Home in Austin, Texas, baby!

We have been through so much, for so long, and we have come so far.

Texas is a team and organization that has earned the respect of others, with the full commitment and support of so many.

Sark, and the young men who choose to honor us, as they represent us, will deliver, and we will take the place we were destined to be.

Hook ‘em!!!

Man, are you some kind of screenwriter poet?!  I’m an Alabama fan first and foremost and part of me dies when we lose but I’m fundamentally a college football fan.  The only time I set foot in what is now DKR the man himself was pacing the sidelines and I was cheering on the mighty defeated Rice Owls.  Reading your fine post I kept waiting for strings, brass and a full chorus to come in with The Eyes.  A few weeks ago I was fretting over some of the same bullshit some posters above are throwing out there.  We had UGA 21-0 before they knew what hit them.  Justsit back or stand up or do whatever you do and fuckin LET THIS BEAUTIFUL GAME WASH OVER YOU, GUYS.  Hook ‘em!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok, I made a quick remix of my earlier Season Highlight edit on this thread. This song gets me fired up and I added more OU highlights. 

Song: Japandroids  - "The House That Heaven Built" 

Its an HK world and the rest of us peons are lucky to live in it.

I can't wait to see the El Risitas post season video.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday, Sark gave McAfee a Muscle T-Shirt w/ "FAFO" on the front and a smack Longhorn on the back.

McAfee looked at the the shirt, some bewildered, "Fast as Fuck?"

Sark, with the staff laughing in the background, and I'm paraphrasing... "that's are mantra, that's who we are"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Heard a lot of media talk all week about our “untested” secondary. Who from UGA is going to burn us? Seriously, who are the game breaking receivers that will stretch out our defensive backfield? And don’t point to the Bama game because that was just awful defense- really on both sides.

If we get good pressure up front with front 4 and keep everything in front of us and contain the edges (PK speciality), I really like our chances in this game. The only thing that worries me some is stopping the run up the middle but Etienne is a JAG and doesn’t worry me that much. 

I think Beck throws multiple INTs. Our DBs are gonna feast tomorrow night.

Heard a lot of media talk all week about our “untested” secondary"?

They play every day against the deepest WR receiving room of in the country.

FAFO

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, speed817 said:

My God, time has not been kind to that video or its production value. Sheesh.

That being said, I’m hoping this game goes similar to the 2008 Texas vs Mizzou game were Colt and Texas obliterated a top 10 Chase Daniel’s Mizzou team on national tv. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, All Hail The Magic Conch said:

Hope y'all are ready for tomorrow 🤘

Flight - Why? Just .... why?

Lonestar - acceptable 

Tacate - ok, but common.

and only one case of Yuengling? - That's the best beer you've got and it's only one case.

Next time don't blow your load on topo seltzer and high noons?

You might be able to afford decent beer or at least just buy all Yuengling.....

Pro tip:

Costco sells cases of Warsteiner for $19.99. That's right folks. <$1 for a can (albeit only 300 mL and not a full 12 oz) of stuff that actually tastes like beer. and at 4.8% you won't end up getting heat stroke in your cowhide hey dudes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Flight - Why? Just .... why?

Lonestar - acceptable 

Tacate - ok, but common.

and only one case of Yuengling? - That's the best beer you've got and it's only one case.

Next time don't blow your load on topo seltzer and high noons?

You might be able to afford decent beer or at least just buy all Yuengling.....

Pro tip:

Costco sells cases of Warsteiner for $19.99. That's right folks. <$1 for a can (albeit only 300 mL and not a full 12 oz) of stuff that actually tastes like beer. and at 4.8% you won't end up getting heat stroke in your cowhide hey dudes.

Looks like we found someone to fund all the alcohol and contribute for the next tailgate 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Pro tip:

That’s a damn good tip. 

• Hook 'Em 1